Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzyal
    • Sep 2017
    • Rushworth

Okay , after a tank of fuel and a bit of test driving , I think it has barely made any difference , maybe a very slight improvement in the mid range .
    Now I don't know about economy , as I wasn't exactly driving it in my usual manner .
    But if the information display can be believed ( and I don't generally believe it ) its reading the lowest economy figures I've seen displayed .
    I'll have a better idea about this time next week , as I'll be doing about 1200kms throughout the week .

Comment

• itsamitsi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2015
      • Hervey Bay Queensland

I appear to have slightly killed mine. On first start this morning check light and trac lights straight on and reset but come basically straight back on. Fault P0089 fuel regulator performance. I can only assume it's the rail sensor has died. I'll get another one during the week and see what happens then...
      Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Last Mohican
        • Mar 2016
        • Sydney

Hi
        Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
        Okay , after a tank of fuel and a bit of test driving , I think it has barely made any difference , maybe a very slight improvement in the mid range .
        Now I don't know about economy , as I wasn't exactly driving it in my usual manner .
        But if the information display can be believed ( and I don't generally believe it ) its reading the lowest economy figures I've seen displayed .
        I'll have a better idea about this time next week , as I'll be doing about 1200kms throughout the week .
        Yes as I said no real difference, actually I lie ...also found an increase in fuel usage no mater what setting. No happy but worth a shot.
        December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• Kingbrown
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2012
          • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
          I...Fault P0089 fuel regulator performance. I can only assume it's the rail sensor has died....:
          Is the fault only present with the performance module in.place ?
          If yes, then it may just be the new module that's gone bad.

Furthermore, reference to 'regulator' suggests some connection with the SCV rather than the rail pressure sensor.

"Slightly killed" is like being "half pregnant". Is it not ?
          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
            Is the fault only present with the performance module in.place ?
            If yes, then it may just be the new module that's gone bad.

Furthermore, reference to 'regulator' suggests some connection with the SCV rather than the rail pressure sensor.

"Slightly killed" is like being "half pregnant". Is it not ?
            Well it idles but no go so is that not slightly killed?

I disconnected said device, checked wiring and plug but it appears fine as you can not actually inspect it up close due to it's location. I'm reliably told broken wiring at the connector and straight up sensor failures is very common with them but Burson etc wants $300 odd for them and I'm not game enough to price one at Bitsashiti. I got one on line for $120 delivered. Will report back when I've replaced it.
            Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• itsamitsi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2015
              • Hervey Bay Queensland

Replaced fuel pressure sensor.... No Go! It's now running like a chaff cutter and spitting out P0189 fuel pressure sensor A high. It idled OK with the old sensor in it but runs like a turd with the new one and a different fault code. I'll have to see what else sensor wise is in that rail.

Comment

• itsamitsi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2015
                • Hervey Bay Queensland

Can someone post the fuel pressure of their PC that has a scan tool please? My fuel pressure with ignition on only is through the roof. And it is P0193 it's logging. Also pulled SCV out and rotated it but still no luck.
                Attached Files

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
                  Can someone post the fuel pressure of their PC that has a scan tool please? My fuel pressure with ignition on only is through the roof. And it is P0193 it's logging. Also pulled SCV out and rotated it but still no luck.
                  Hi Paul,

Link to Denso Manual.

View and Download Denso 4D56 service manual online. Common Rail System (HP3) for MITSUBISHI TRITON. 4D56 engine pdf manual download. Also for: 4m41.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• amec
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Wamberal

Got back yesterday from 5 weeks travelling with the wife.
                    Challenger towed the camper trailer from the NSW Central Coast to the top of Cape York, down to the bottom of the Gulf of Carpentaria, Lawn Hill gorge, Birdsville,, Cameron Corner. Even got to spend a couple of days with our daughter at Dubbo.
                    Challenger performed well, fuel consumption between 12-20lph.
                    11,000km travelled, $2750 worth of diesel purchased. Cheapest diesel $1.38 pl, most expensive $2.05 pl.
                    One air filter replacement.

Damage or breakages.
                    UHF antenna snapped.
                    USB power supply shook itself to pieces.
                    Crack in the windscreen due to a rock from an oncoming car near Birdsville.
                    Rear tyres pretty much shredded.

Only had to winch myself out of one creek crossing on the OTT, which was Gunshot.

What an awesome adventure.
                    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Ozzyal
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Rushworth

Okay , tuning chip update .
                      After 4 x tank fulls off fuel . Performance and economy are virtually unchanged .
                      It is fooling the computer though . I'm seeing ridiculous economy figures on information display .
                      Range over 1100kms and economy of 5.7L/100kms at 100kph .
                      Real world economy remains at between 9.5 to 10.5 L/100 .

On a different note , I spent a lot of time in the mud yesterday .
                      Should I be turning the ASC off in these conditions ?

Comment

• Ozzyal
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Rushworth

Re the Tuning kit chip .
                        I adjusted the chip settings , much improved mid range response now . I'll run it at this setting for a fuel tank or two of fuel before further experimenting.

Comment

• itsamitsi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2015
                          • Hervey Bay Queensland

Mmm this thing is confusing me. I don't know what's lying to me or telling the truth.

Old sensor P0089 fuel pressure 53000 odd KPA, check light off. ECL comes on and jumps to 63000 odd KPA.

New sensor P0193 fuel pressure shows 246000 odd KPA at idle on both. It runs like a dog with the new sensor. Is it faulty? I don't know. I have a new SCV coming so will change that out too and swap sensors around unless the SCV fixes it. F@#$N new CRD's....

Comment

• itsamitsi
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2015
                            • Hervey Bay Queensland

Forgot these.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• amec
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2015
                              • Wamberal

My obd2 thing is set up for PSI display, it will show between 20,000-26,000 PSI fuel rail pressure when up it.
                              Not sure if that helps.
                              PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• itsamitsi
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2015
                                • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by amec View Post
                                My obd2 thing is set up for PSI display, it will show between 20,000-26,000 PSI fuel rail pressure when up it.
                                Not sure if that helps.

26000 PSI is roughly 180,000 Kpa which is the upper threshold in the Denso book. My new sensor is 246000! without the engine running which I don't get. The old one shows 52 to 63000 Kpa which is low.

Has to be a dud...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X