Below Nav Bar

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimo82
    • Feb 2015
    • Sth Coast NSW

Originally posted by PeterC51 View Post
    Good move. Wouldn't mind doing mine. Can I ask which brand and type did you use and where did you source them please?
    also interested, one of mine is dead.

Comment

• Grimo82
      • Feb 2015
      • Sth Coast NSW

Originally posted by KevsChallenger View Post
      Fitted a single 4wd Supacentre drawer yesterday, replaced the reverse light globes with some LED globes hopefully they make it a little brighter back there.
      Started installing my ARB diff breather kit, just got the front diff to go
      does the draw fit ok? ive been thinking of doing the same but im guessing it covers the spare wheel release?

Comment

• KevsChallenger
        • Sep 2017
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Grimo82 View Post
        does the draw fit ok? ive been thinking of doing the same but im guessing it covers the spare wheel release?

It fits good but does cover the spare wheel release. I just put a small notch in the drawer frame and left the drawer stops off. All i need to do is remove the drawer and i can access the wheel release with a socket no problem. Its not perfect but it works.
        I figure what ever i have in the drawer at the time (most likely tools and recovery gear) will only take 2 mins to empty so no biggie.
        PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• KevsChallenger
          • Sep 2017
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by PeterC51 View Post
          Good move. Wouldn't mind doing mine. Can I ask which brand and type did you use and where did you source them please?

You'll need a T10 LED for the doors and i think it was 31mm Festoon LED for the interior roof.
          Ebay has them all at a good price.
          PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

I've only replaced my cargo area one with a small SMD LED panel. Works beautifully. One day I will do the rest. Oh and it does dim down nicely.
            Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• KevsChallenger
              • Sep 2017
              • Melbourne

Yesterday while out cutting firewood i managed to break the wires for the rear wheel sensor just where the rear crossmember is. Surely someone wired these things up as a joke, why it went under rather than over from factory is anyones guess.

So this morning put it up on ramps and soldiered the 2 wires back together, heat shrink and re-routed them over the crossemember. Worked a treat and all the dash lights are now out.

Whilst under there i also flipped the bracket on the control arm to get that part of the sensor wire up out of the way. Fingers crossed i cant do it again

Comment

• Kingbrown
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2012
                • Port Augusta - SA

Why am I not surprised ?
                Just as well you were able to fix it without being reamed for a replacement.

See post#303 here:
                Last edited by Kingbrown; 22-03-19, 01:46 PM.
                2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Ozzyal
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Rushworth

Parked it and transferred all my work gear into the Delica .
                  Over the freakin surging piece of crap
                  Also need to replace the battery again 15 months old ( but 40,000kms )
                  I'm a bit over this car .

Rant over , move along , nothing to see here .

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
                    Parked it and transferred all my work gear into the Delica .
                    Over the freakin surging piece of crap
                    Also need to replace the battery again 15 months old ( but 40,000kms )
                    I'm a bit over this car .

Rant over , move along , nothing to see here .
                    What battery did you have ?

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Ozzyal
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Rushworth

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                      What battery did you have ?

Delkor 780cca

I think its dropped a cell , the charging system is fine .
                      Sat for a while with out driving , but started okay , did 300kms one day , parked again for a week , dead as a door nail . Doesn't come up with the rejuvenation process on my charger .
                      Probably not really the cars fault , I just don't love this car , I should have found the extra dollars for a dual cab Triton with a canopy . I can't fit all my gear in the wagon .
                      The Delica is ideal .

Comment

• pb4x2
                        • May 2015
                        • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Delkor 780cca

I think its dropped a cell , the charging system is fine .
                        Sat for a while with out driving , but started okay , did 300kms one day , parked again for a week , dead as a door nail . Doesn't come up with the rejuvenation process on my charger .
                        Probably not really the cars fault , I just don't love this car , I should have found the extra dollars for a dual cab Triton with a canopy . I can't fit all my gear in the wagon .
                        The Delica is ideal .
                        I put a 750cca Delcor in my Challenger last year. Just lifted the bonnet to find it has a three year warranty so obviously you can have yours replaced at no cost to you. I have four vehicles and for years bought Supercharge but then decided to go back to Delcor as the one I had in my MG TF replica died in its eight year of service.
                        2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• Ozzyal
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Rushworth

Thanks , yes you're right , I'll contact the company I bought the battery from tomorrow .

Comment

• Ozzyal
                            • Sep 2017
                            • Rushworth

R &J Batteries in Bendigo replaced the battery , no questions asked .

Comment

• pb4x2
                              • May 2015
                              • Deception Bay Qld 4508

R &J Batteries in Bendigo replaced the battery , no questions asked .
                              That's good, now to see how long they last.
                              2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• Ozzyal
                                • Sep 2017
                                • Rushworth

I also pulled the SCV and polished the spool with 2000 grit wet and dry .
                                This seems to have fixed the surging problem .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X