X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kippakoop
    • Jan 2010

running hot!!!

noticed the temp climbing a little, started getting to 3/4 hot so pulled over, i released the radiator cap and as soon as i did the paj went back to normal, seemed there was alot of preasure, did it again same result.

do you think my cap is stuffed?
    1995 nj pajero 3.0, lift kit,(lovell springs, ironman shocks.tb), bighorns, dual battery, custon roof rack, reversing camera. i need more things to strap to my paj........in time
  • Kamm
    • Sep 2009

Try the cap and the thermostat...I (literally) blew out a radiator because of that.

Comment

• kippakoop
      • Jan 2010

still hot heaps of preasure

The car is still getting hot from time to time.

After a long trip about 1.5 hours of constant driving i notice the gauge rising slighty then going up to 3/4 or above.

When i open the radiator cap man is there some presure. but as soon as i release the presure the temp goes down straight away.

I then top up the radiator and im fine again for another 1.5 hrs.

there are no noticeable water leaks at all, and the oil has no water in it.

the radiator seems to be circulating really fast though.

help!!!!
      1995 nj pajero 3.0, lift kit,(lovell springs, ironman shocks.tb), bighorns, dual battery, custon roof rack, reversing camera. i need more things to strap to my paj........in time

Comment

• kippakoop
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Kamm View Post
        Try the cap and the thermostat...I (literally) blew out a radiator because of that.
        repaced the cap, still the same, mech told me that thermo would not cause this problem...mmm....not sure.

Comment

• peter92
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2009
          • maryborough queensland

hi for the sake of the price of a thermostat, i would replace it. apart from that , you may have air trapped in the block. are you running coolant as well. with the cap off, is there any air bubbles, if so this could be a head gasket or head
          hope this helps
          regards peter
          used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
          now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
          bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
          SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• road rat
            • Dec 2010
            • Geelong, Vic

when you take the cap of does it smell like exhaust fumes? any way save yourself some time and take to a radiator spec get them to do a pressuir check wont cost you anything
            92 NH ARB rear air locker, safari snorkel, TJM alloy bull bar with 9500 pound winch, TJM side steps, 32" wheels, 3ltr v6, indash 7" gps dvd player running of road maps
            soon to come. 80 channel uhf radio, front locker, 3.8 ltr supercharged V6 out of a 2002 VX commadore

Comment

• kippakoop
              • Jan 2010

booked in for a presure test

will post results

Comment

• powerslave
                • Aug 2010
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by peter92 View Post
                hi for the sake of the price of a thermostat, i would replace it.
                That's funny , I thought that too , Last Saturday I went to buy one (Tridon=generic) is $90!!! I almost fell over seeing other thermostats on the shelf for around $15... Mine's opening , but the rubber seal (the inner , not the outer) is leaking. So I thought wtf , I'll just chuck it back in for that price...
                2009 NT DiD GLX AUTO , Safety pack & MM RDL WITH TC OVERRIDE, ultimate suspension 2in lift, Maxxis Bighorns, Full Bushskinz body armour, Engine Guardian EG3, ICOM ICF2010 high power UHF, Jonny Tig Intercooler

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X