Below Nav Bar

Collapse

2017 Pajero Sport - Any problem to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

2017 Pajero Sport - Any problem to look for?

A friend of mine has seen the light and bought a 2017 Pajero Sport. He thinks the beast is awesome. I must admit that I don't particularly like them (mainly because I cannot see out of it from the driving seat (the roof is too low for me). Hence I have not been following this side of the forum very much at all. Are there any issues which my friend should look out for in the way of known faults etc?
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

There havent been any posts I can think of that point to any inherent issues. Most complaints have been about comfort for tall or large people, limited vision at times and of course the butt ugly rear lights. Obviously your mate has bought the car as it suits him. Maybe jump on the Pajero Sport section and spend some time reading the posts.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• agentthumb
      • Jul 2020
      • Arana Hills

A few reports of split intercooler hose. Typical symptoms include loss of power and DPF light.

Only a small handful of reports tho

Otherwise, electric handbrake could be an issue if you do a lot of mud pits.

That’s about it. Follow the Pajero sport Facebook group if you want more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

Tnks for your replies. I'll pass these on to him when next I see him.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

From this link.

Are you having problems with your 2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport? Let our team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest 2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport issues & faults. We have gathered all of the most frequently asked questions and problems relating to the 2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in one spot to help you decide if it's a smart buy.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2019: The steering wheel column disconnected into two parts

Answered by CarsGuide 6 Jun 2020
          I’ve heard of a few Mitsubishis whose owners have experience creaks or knocks coming from the steering column, but yours is the first one I’ve heard of where the column has actually separated. The fact that it happened on the move is crazy and makes me wonder whether it was a one-off or whether this could develop into a trend. Like all modern vehicles, the Pajero Sport uses a collapsible steering column which is designed to collapse in a crash to avoid protruding any further into the cabin. Perhaps it’s this joint that has failed, but I really can’t say without looking at the vehicle.
          Whether Mitsubishi will offer you your money back will probably be dependent on a few things, including whether the vehicle has been modified in any way and whether it believes those changes may have contributed to the failure.
          As well as contacting the dealer – which you clearly have – the other piece of advice would be to contact Mitsubishi Australia’s Customer Service Department on 1300 131211 immediately and get the ball rolling towards a resolution.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2019
            • Victoria

Rear shoes badly (incorrect procedure) adjusted.
            Exhaust manifolds cracking due to poor airflow
            Oil leaks by fuel pump or timing case area
            Seat trims rubbing against plastic surround on drivers seat and splitting leather
            Coolant leaks or carbon build up around injectors after valve clearance service
            Erratic FCM and auto cruise operation caused by e-tag mounted near camera ecu
            2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
              Rear shoes badly (incorrect procedure) adjusted.
              Exhaust manifolds cracking due to poor airflow
              Oil leaks by fuel pump or timing case area
              Seat trims rubbing against plastic surround on drivers seat and splitting leather
              Coolant leaks or carbon build up around injectors after valve clearance service
              Erratic FCM and auto cruise operation caused by e-tag mounted near camera ecu
              Would you consider any of these faults dangerous? As far as I can see, they are annoying for sure but not unsafe.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X