• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tubes
    • Jun 2015
    • south australia

Air conditioning problem

Hello all
    I have an intermittent fault the air conditioner(climate control) not switching between hot and cold. Running the scan tool over it it came up with B1045 code for the air mix damper motor(blend door) Sure enough when it won’t switch the motor isn’t moving. Fitted a second damper motor and it worked, thought I’d fixed it but the fault has returned. Every time I go to do some more investigation it starts working again. Moving all the wiring around makes no difference. Has anyone come across this problem?
    Attached Files
    08 Ns Pajero Exceed, duel batteries,light force spot lights,roof basket,A/t tyres.
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Since you have replaced the motor, it is a reasonable guess to assume it is not the motor, but something controlling it. You may have a poor connection to the motor, and when you disturb the wiring to get to it, you temporarily fix the problem. Before replacing any components, check the cleanliness and tightness of all electrical connections first. If the problem persists, then you start looking at the components.

Is there a limit switch to tell the motor that it has reached its target position? If this was the problem, it would probably move OK in one direction but not in the other.

Comment

• tubes
      • Jun 2015
      • south australia

Cheers I’ve checked for bad connections and can’t replicate the fault by moving any of the wiring. The damper motor has a potentiometer incorporated so would assume it would stop at a preset value. Was wondering if anyone had any issues with the control panel or am I looking at a module fault.
      08 Ns Pajero Exceed, duel batteries,light force spot lights,roof basket,A/t tyres.

Comment

• jedevis
        • Mar 2020
        • USA

I also faced the ac conditioner problem. I could not understand that how can I solve that problem. Recently I faced another overheating problem. For that reason I wanted to contact ac repair service center. I anyone has any information then suggest to me.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

I seem to recall a thread a while back where the auto climate control was not functioning correctly and eventually the problem was traced to a dirty cabin air temperature sensor.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

Tubes
            Did you solve the problem? Maybe the damper is stuck. I have no idea as to how to check it, but it is a logical cause.

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

The usual cause of this is the blend door coming off the shaft. Maybe when you go to investigate, you bump it back into position and think everything is ok. With mine, we drilled a small hole in the shaft and put a pin through it to hold the door in place.

Geoff
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• arbee
                • Nov 2007
                • penrith

where is this cabin air temp sensor found?

Comment

• Two Emms
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2020
                  • Mansfield, Vic

At the bottom of the dash in front of the transfer lever. Its a slotted opening about 20 mm across
                  2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X