X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flying
    • Jul 2016
    • Sydney

After watching this thread with interest in the lead up to buying a new van, i have ended up with the following setup.

HR towbar
    Andersen WDH and anti sway hitch (thanks OJ!)
    Stock suspension (upgrade in the planning though)

Full of water and not much else (havent put anything in it yet), I would estimate it to be 2400 with 230 on the ball (ball weight measured). Towed it about 20km last night with no WDH and it was fairly solid up to 80km but definitely sagged in the middle of the setup. Andersen on this morning, pretty easy to setup after some rearranging on the A frame Setup now pretty much level, towed solid as a rock at 100km p/h all day. I even drove across a pretty decent spoon drain with no noise or issues. The hitch just works away silently. First impressions extremely happy and once suspension is upgraded i think it will be a cracking tow rig, as commodore has suggested.

Averaged about 18L / 100 sitting in 6th at 100km p/h. Beefed up fuel tank now very high on the xmas wish list. After 320km it was about to start the high speed beeping, I'm very thirsty now song.
    White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X