• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quack
    • Nov 2014
    • Qld

Rear window washer

I have just realised that my rear window washer is no longer working. The rear wiper does work. When I turn on the rear window washer using the rear window washer switch the front window washers come on, as they do when I turn them on using the front window washer switch. I have disconnected the hose from the rear nozzle (by the top-mounted brake light) and no water comes out. I have swapped the hoses at the window washer motor and no difference. At the moment it seems that the hose leading to the rear is either blocked or pinched; this will be a nuisance to fix as I have a custom drawer unit which will need to be removed. So, in order to avoid this, first:

Is the standard behaviour for a PB Challenger that the front washers come on when the rear washer is turned on?

I know that there could be a problem with the column switch/ECU or ETACS, but I'd rather not face that prospect.

Thanks.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

rear washers and rear wiper's only come on (not both front and rear unless you pull back on the lever) ...

do you hear the wiper washer motor when rotating the switch for rear wipers ... (check the fuse also) ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X