• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by mckenzl View Post
    We made it to Victor Harbour. No problems. I am now convinced it had the wrong oil in it. I got a copy of the job sheet and it does say DPF oil was used, but they only charged me for 8L and the Job sheet says 9L. Is it standard practice to charge 1L less than used? If it was my business it most definitely wouldn't be. The other reason why is I feel like I have my old car back again. The thinner oil is making the car more responsive and the 'sound' of the engine is back to what it was pre last service. Even my wife said today that the car feels different and pointed out that after the last service I was not happy with the way the car was driving. Only time will tell if I have anymore issues. If I do, I will get the oil tested and go from there. Regardless, I won't go back to that dealer, which is a shame as I have had had good service from there previously. Just a shame I can't get to Kadina in SA to get my car serviced by the team there on a regular basis.

Cheers for all the help and suggestions. If the regen failed, I would have had to do some of them to get through, or I would have been stuck for 8 days with new year etc with no where to go with everything around booked solid.

Liam
    How many k,s done now since regen?

Just remember every shop can have issues time to time
    For me it’s how they deal with that problem can be the breaker
    If they get narky, F*&k em
    If they are rude, F*&k em
    If they treat me like it’s my first car, yep you guessed it

If they fix it or explain the problem I will return, that simple

Any business that employs a person that expects that the customers owes them is a bad employee in my book and a bad business

It’s funny I never liked dealers and now I would rather take it to them after nightmares from small mechanics

Great news but, if your done over 200km there is a good chance your back to normal.

NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Patagonia
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

I would have tve oil tested and ask for a dpf replacement if wrong oil confirmed as it could have lowered dpf life due to melting inside, anyway as you described the problem were you did not kept on driving i would say low chances of dpf damage.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk
      2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
      Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
      31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
      2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

I don't know if an oil analysis will be able to specifically identify Helix HX7, but it should be able to determine if it's a DPF-compatible "low ash" oil.

Speak to the analysis mob, ask if they can identify a non-compatible oil. If they say yes, do it.

Your DPF needs "low ash" oil, because the regen process turns the high volume of soot into a low volume of ash, but the ash isn't actually removed - it just takes up less space in the filter. I would argue to the dealer that their use of incorrect oil (if you can obtain evidence that this happened) has shortened the life of your DPF by unnecessarily increasing the ash load.

I've read on other forums that some vehicle ECUs are able to report "ash load" in the DPF. Does anybody know if it's possible to obtain something like this using a MUT?
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Stoneman
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2012
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

I've read on other forums that some vehicle ECUs are able to report "ash load" in the DPF. Does anybody know if it's possible to obtain something like this using a MUT?
          Yes

It only calculates it.

It is more reliant on temps and pressure readings for monitoring

Temps to complete the burn and pressure to detect blockage.
          NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• dhula
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • South of Perth

In my experience the only way a lab can determine if it is a certain type of oil is to send a sample of new+unused oil with your old stuff for comparison.
            Even then it'd be touch and go as all the old oil in the sump "mixes" together unless you've used the exact same oil since day one
            I think the best outcome if you do chase it up is to ask about low ash oil like nj_swb said.
            2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
            2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• mckenzl
              • Mar 2013
              • WA

I have found out there is a kit available from Blackwoods that can narrow down what oil it was. I'll look into it and post results here

Liam
              Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• dwright74
                • May 2008
                • Mulgrave, Victoria

I have found out there is a kit available from Blackwoods that can narrow down what oil it was. I'll look into it and post results here

Liam
                I would have thought that the Invoice is the legally binding document, you pay based on what is written on it, you rarely see the mechanics run sheet.
                07 NS 3.2 X SWB with towbar, 17' Steel rims, Bilstein Shocks and Lovell Springs, Gun Metal Grey, ARB front and rear lockers, reduction gears, ARB colour coded deluxe bullbar, custom rear storage.

Comment

• ballroom
                  • Dec 2015
                  • Ballarat

DPF light came on solid today after 450km of driving and 240km on this tank of diesel. I got the diesel from BP Cowell in SA on our trip to Melbourne. It has now been on solid for 50km. Cars performance is fine. Intent manifold is clean (15,000km ago)

Being from WA we have obviously done a few Kms on this trip and we live in country WA so DPF has plenty of good chances to do good complete burns.

Any help or ideas of what it could be would be great.

Thanks.
                  Hi on the way to perth from ballarat towing 1800kg caravan crossing the Nullabora wife driving in cruise doing 90 . Particle light came on ???delete pipe and and blank plate on EGR what to do so tried driving in 4 gear and up speed to 95 after a while went out think, car laboring may producing soot computer may not like it over long time who knows??? :drive[1] only time I have had light come on
                  Liam

Comment

• mckenzl
                    • Mar 2013
                    • WA

Originally posted by ballroom View Post
                    I'm thinking you are having troubles and have a delete pipe etc? Hopefully someone with a delete pipe can help you. Only thing I can suggest is unplugging the pressure sensors as suggested earlier in the thread. Should get rid of DPF light and limp mode but will leave an engine light on. This is based only on the answers I got on this thread. I have not done it myself as I still have a DPF.

Liam
                    Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• mckenzl
                      • Mar 2013
                      • WA

Well it's happened again. Back in limp mode. Going To pull DPF out when car has cooled a little and attempt to smash core out. Reinstall and disconnect the pressure sensors from the ECU to get out of limp mode.

This time I'm stuck at the Gawler Ranges motel. I'm pretty sure the car is headed for a trade very soon.

I will update with how I go.

Liam
                      Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Well it's happened again. Back in limp mode. Going To pull DPF out when car has cooled a little and attempt to smash core out. Reinstall and disconnect the pressure sensors from the ECU to get out of limp mode.

This time I'm stuck at the Gawler Ranges motel. I'm pretty sure the car is headed for a trade very soon.

I will update with how I go.

Liam
                        A bit on the warm side out that way today, good reason to drink plenty

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• mckenzl
                          • Mar 2013
                          • WA

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                          A bit on the warm side out that way today, good reason to drink plenty

OJ.
                          Just organised a delete pipe of sorts to be put in tomorrow morning. As suggested time to sit back with a froffy or three and cross everything I have that I can get going.

Liam
                          Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• mckenzl
                            • Mar 2013
                            • WA

Back to plan A. Exhaust centre has cancelled job.
                            Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2014
                              • Wellington,New Zealand

like him or hate him this fella has some insights on why things can recur
                              The truth is: DPF failure is usually a symptom: not the disease. If all the dealer does it treat the symptom, he won't cure the disease, and you'll be back w...
                              2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                              BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• mckenzl
                                • Mar 2013
                                • WA

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
                                like him or hate him this fella has some insights on why things can recur
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bOlDFFhuPM
                                Interesting... he sounds like a peanut but an interesting and truthful peanut.

I just spent a hour under the car and couldn't crack a single nut on the flanges or sensors. Not sure what to do now!

How much damage can be done driving in limp mode 300km back to a dealer on Monday?

Liam
                                Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X