• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twisted32
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
    Moved auro trans cooler down to where oem intercooler used to be. Seems to be working well down there so far, will see how it goes with a trip away towing the van this week. Has def freed up alot of space in front of the intercooler, should see intake temps drop even more.
    Will be interesting to see what your transmission temps do now. My bet is that they will climb. I doubt there will be enough airflow to support the stock cooler down there. The design of the stock intercooler is not overly bad, but mainly its lack of airflow in the stock location.
    FYI, I am trying to work with Jonny to produce a custom cooler with larger volume to fill the stock intercooler void, with a thermo to manage transmission temps.
    MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• spiderpig
      • Jan 2008

We'll see. I have a torque converter lockup kit and my trans temps are well within range anyway, so i don't see it being a problem. Maybe in situations where i cant use the lockup it might become a problem, but i haven't found them yet.
      Yes i was talking to jonny about another cooler aswell but he is having trouble getting the one he wants in the size he wants last time i heard from him.

Comment

• Paj11
        • Jun 2017
        • Sydney

How did you go with stock AT intercooler temps down in the lower location? Also what’s the latest with Johnny Tig AT intercooler upgrades, has he developed one as yet?
        2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• spiderpig
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
          How did you go with stock AT intercooler temps down in the lower location? Also what’s the latest with Johnny Tig AT intercooler upgrades, has he developed one as yet?
          AT cooler has been in that location for 12 months now and no dramas. Never gets any hotter than 10deg less than coolant temp on the ultragauge, so approx 85 to 90 deg max. This is mainly highway driving towing a 2.5T van and city driving, have not done any 4wding to test - bitchumen cowboy/towrig/shopping trolley duties only. Keep in mind i do have a Tq converter lockup kit too which greatly reduces AT temps.

Comment

• Glenne79
            • Aug 2018
            • NSW

Those with upgraded FMIC kits, HPD or Jonny Tig.
            Given the new intercoolers cover so much of the radiator,

Is there any affect on air flow into the radiator and radiator performance?
            NX GLX 2016 MY17: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Redarc tow pro elite | Cooper AT3 LT 265/60R18 | Munji EGR | Provent 200 Catch Can | Traction Control Mod | Boos Rear Bumper | Boos Underbody Protection | MM4X4 Automate...

Comment

• NJV6
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2010
              • New Zealand

Having towed extensively with my JT one, the answer is No. I can only assume because the air going into the engine is 60-80 degrees cooler, combustion temps are lower.

There were some tests done by some guys on here as well somewhere.
              1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
              1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
              2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• letsgoplaces
                • Jul 2014
                • Adelaide

I think this may be the tests that NJV6 is referring to

Comment

• NTBenny
                  • May 2017
                  • Newcastle

Towing a 3T Jayco in 35deg heat saw no more than 102deg coolant temp last Xmas up some big hills on the M1. Intake temps did not exceed 48deg when the year before I saw up to 108deg driving the same route.

Benny.
                  2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Glenne79
                    • Aug 2018
                    • NSW

Originally posted by letsgoplaces View Post
                    I think this may be the tests that NJV6 is referring to
                    https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...0&postcount=86

Thats a great thread.
                    Can certainly see the redu ed temps from those cars with fmic's!!!
                    NX GLX 2016 MY17: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Redarc tow pro elite | Cooper AT3 LT 265/60R18 | Munji EGR | Provent 200 Catch Can | Traction Control Mod | Boos Rear Bumper | Boos Underbody Protection | MM4X4 Automate...

Comment

• Travis73
                      Respected Member who is going grey .......at the sides.
                      • May 2014
                      • Eaton, WA

happy to see this thread revived...
                      To the people with the JT Intercooler, do you have any extra tips for the install and also after its been in for a while and things may have moved/rubbed.
                      Cheers
                      2010 NT Platinum 3.2 DiD Auto, MM Alloy Bullbar, Lovell 2"/Bilstiens/Polyairs , 265/70/17 Pirelli ATR's, Airtek Snorkel, Beaudesert Turbo back 2 3/4", ECU tweak by Maximum Motorsport (Kewdale). Paddle shift and Lock up Mate. ARB Long Range Tank.
                      2005 22" Paramount Delta...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X