• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigpete
    • Sep 2011
    • Walpole WA

ASX spotlight wiring

Hi does anyone know if the high beam on the 2015 ASX is positively or negatively activated, my NS,is positively and my wife's i30 is negatively, looking at fitting myself when the new ASX is delivered swapping my lightforce HID from the i30 so need to get it right.

Cheers
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

If unsure just grab the pos and neg from the highbeam and use a switch in line with this circuit to power your spot's relay.
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
      If unsure just grab the pos and neg from the highbeam and use a switch in line with this circuit to power your spot's relay.
      This. Doesn't matter if the high beam is positive switched or negative switched - identify the two pins across your high beam filament (or whatever makes the light), and wire your relay across them.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Goodsy
        Who ya gunna call....
        • Dec 2010
        • Hervey Bay

The reason why I have wired spots the same way for over 20 years.
        No stuffing around works every time.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• bigpete
          • Sep 2011
          • Walpole WA

Thanks for all the info I will give it a crack.
          Cheers

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Originally posted by bigpete View Post
            Hi does anyone know if the high beam on the 2015 ASX is positively or negatively activated, my NS,is positively and my wife's i30 is negatively, looking at fitting myself when the new ASX is delivered swapping my lightforce HID from the i30 so need to get it right.

Cheers
            Mate, where do you intend mounting the spotties - 'cause their ain't much room to put them

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• bigpete
              • Sep 2011
              • Walpole WA

Hi GHendo, i have ordered the car with the Mitsi nudge bar, not sure if it has spotlight mounts welded on if not i will get someone to do it.
              On my i30 used number plate bracket but like you said no support behind the ASX one. Thats why i brought Lightforce 170mm 55 watt Striker HID as very lite wieght but great light out put.

Cheers

Comment

• GHendo
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Northern NSW

Hi GHendo, i have ordered the car with the Mitsi nudge bar, not sure if it has spotlight mounts welded on if not i will get someone to do it.
                On my i30 used number plate bracket but like you said no support behind the ASX one. Thats why i brought Lightforce 170mm 55 watt Striker HID as very lite wieght but great light out put.

Cheers
                Riiiiiight ... I thought you'd have to use something like that. I've got one of those number plate bars on the wife's Falcon but they're not too brilliant - can shake around a bit.

My son has a 2010 ASX Aspire and the standard lights on it are pretty good - I always end up putting spotties on my vehicles however.

Cheers

Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• vladguan
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Adelaide

Cheers
                  Pete, not sure if you did the wiring already or not. It would be best to use an add-a-circuit fuse tap to tap into one of the high beam fuses. Use this as the trigger for the relay for the spotties. Also, there is no longer a requirement to have an isolation switch for spotties.
                  Please call me Vlad.
                  -----------------------
                  MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                    • Jan 2016
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                    Pete, not sure if you did the wiring already or not. It would be best to use an add-a-circuit fuse tap to tap into one of the high beam fuses. Use this as the trigger for the relay for the spotties. Also, there is no longer a requirement to have an isolation switch for spotties.
                    What he said!
                    2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X