X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basil
    • Apr 2012
    • Gembrook

I am glad you have noticed the difference.
    I have touted them for ages but many won't go there.
    I get on average say 50 kays per tank more when using the ftc and cleanpower mixed together as well as the benefits of the driveability which is certainly noticable and must be a considerable improvement in combution efficiency to do that.
    My engine oil analysis reports show a big reduction of soot and fuel dilution too, but it is the drivability that is the instant return.
    I recently persuaded my scepticle friend to finally put one treatment in his 3.2 which I have come to use in the np into his tank to see what he thought.
    Lets just say he quite likes the difference with the increased power and reduced turbo lag, and that is high praise from him,. I have only mixed quite a gentle treatment for his first tankfull.
    I have run the 2 stroke oil, Bitron diesel additive and the CEM stuff for decades and they all have a benefit, no question about it, they just go about it in a different way and depending on what you want to achieve from using them, will point you in one direction or the other. If my better half can notice a difference then it is that obvious, believe me. You know blind freddie and all that.

Cheers,

Comment

• LanaB
      • Nov 2012
      • Millicent, SA near some of the best sand/beach driving in Australia

Basil, you keep referring to "a tank". How big is your tank? Just asking because it will help with ratio of additive to fuel. I have used 2T in my diesels for 20 years (made a huge difference to my old TD42 Patrol engine), but now thinking maybe go new technology.
      2005 MK Triton GLS 2.8TD manual, some fruit, much more to come.
      retired .. '94 NJ, GLS, swb, 3.0l

Comment

• basil
        • Apr 2012
        • Gembrook

The np has a 91 liter tank or there abouts.
        I have never got the full 91 in unless the servo is on a slight lean forward as you fill up, which must be to do with the inlet pipe arangement or venting of vapours or something.
        I have found after doing some fairly stringent fuel tests doing the same drive at the same speed and being as consisitant at take off etc as is possible (bit boring I know), that I average 9.1 to 9.5 liters per hundred kays. On a set run at 100 kph though it is 8.5-8.7 per hundred.
        These are dead honnest figures too, as I don't fool myself.
        I have done numerous engine oil additive treatments since getting the vehicle and they have added around 5% to the ecconomy in general, but reduced engine wear considerably according to the oil analysis reports.

The fuel treatments which ia a cleanpower and ftc mix, adds on average 50 kms per 80 liters of fuel due to the fact that I won't run it too low. This is based on how many liters go into the tank at fill up until the fuel is up to the filler cap, verses kms travelled.

My intentions with the 3.2 non common rail has been to see how it reacts to various changes in oil and fuel additives while watching the oil analysis results.
        The bottom line is that I quite love this engine and may throw things ou ta bit out once I get the ecu reflash done next month.

Am I strange or what.

Cheers,

Comment

• basil
          • Apr 2012
          • Gembrook

Well am I .

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by basil View Post
            Well am I .

Need more time for the jury to make a decision...Hung jury at the moment. Have you been tested for insanity before?. Not a hard test. I just passed, but I know dad had to splash some cash!!!!
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• LanaB
              • Nov 2012
              • Millicent, SA near some of the best sand/beach driving in Australia

thanks for that info basil, I am pretty happy with 11.2l/100 out of my old tech motor with double roof racks, canopy etc and a reasonable "load" in the tray. Like you, I check my economy reasonably regularly, my father who was a MM engineer always taught me it was the best way to monitor the general health of my engine. Then, on top of usual general maintenance, to investigate possible / probable issues. In 54 years of driving, its been good advice from him to me. cheers, Lana
              2005 MK Triton GLS 2.8TD manual, some fruit, much more to come.
              retired .. '94 NJ, GLS, swb, 3.0l

Comment

• basil
                • Apr 2012
                • Gembrook

Good advice LanaB.
                Just had a bloody good laugh Dicko, thanks.
                I will await the courts decision.

Cheers,

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

I,M TOWING A 15 FOOT LOADED TINNY TODAY DOWN TO Lucinda (250KLMS) . wILL KEEP CLOSE EYE ON MILEAGE. I USE 2 STROKE AT 200:1 AS WELL AS THE FUEL ENHANCER...
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• basil
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Gembrook

Just a point Dicko, the fuel enhancer is strictly aimed at keeping the injectors clean and lubricated. Where as some additives need to be added in much larger volumes to get a similar effect, the enhancer additive clings like mad to components under pressure and hence doesn't need to be added in anywhere like the volume of other stuff. Have run the 2T in it and very nice.
                    The amount of vehicles they have been able to pull back as the injector compensations wonder is quite impressive. I have nothing to do with these guys, but have talked to them for years and run their stuff and done my own research depending on the vehicle owned at the time.
                    I have the old NP 3.2 and have found that for me personally, 20 mls of the cleanpower and 30mls of the ftc mixed, seems to provide the best general improvement in the way the engine performs, which is less ftc than is recomended.
                    I can get it to take off from stand still in a more responsive way for city type driving by putting a little more of the ftc in the mix, which is very noticable and nice to have but it comes at the expense of a little more clatter from the injection as the burn is happening a little quicker. Swing and round abouts.
                    Not having a common rail, which would adjust seetings based around the change in fuel quality, the Np is what it is.
                    Have started running the Bi tron diesel additive again over the last few weeks and will see differences no doubt.

Good luck fishing mate.

Still think I'm a bit weird. It's all fun.

Cheers,

Comment

• Poita
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Adelaide

Well I ordered some FTC Decarbonizer, Flushing Oil Concentrate, and CRD Fuel Enhancer (even though mine is DiD, he said get the CRD as it has better lubricating properties).
                      Will update on my thoughts once I have run it for a few tanks.
                      I have tried a few others previously, but never really noticed any difference.
                      NW VRX MY2013
                      Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• RUGGA
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • Adelaide

Hi Poita,
                        Can I ask who you have ordered through?
                        02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Poita
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Adelaide

Direct from CEM online (www.costeffective.com.au). Free express postage. I spent about half an hour chatting about their various products and pros/cons and Jimmy was really helpful. If you have any queries, he is more than happy to chat.
                          NW VRX MY2013
                          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• RUGGA
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2014
                            • Adelaide

Sweet, much appreciated.
                            02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• twisted32
                              • Jan 2015
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Poita View Post
                              Well I ordered some FTC Decarbonizer, Flushing Oil Concentrate, and CRD Fuel Enhancer (even though mine is DiD, he said get the CRD as it has better lubricating properties).
                              Doubt you will be disappointed mate, I have been using there gear for about 4 years now.
                              MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Peterng
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2013
                                • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by Poita View Post
                                Is there any update yet with you using the FTC and Flushing oil concerntrate?

I'm using the CRD fuel enhancer and I have noticed a bit of a difference with turbo lag, both at a stop and when travelling at 80kph and overtaking...there is an improvement.
                                The really big difference I have noticed with using the CRD enhancer is the less time taken for start up and exhaust smoke I was once having...now its non issue.
                                You sit next to a Toyota D4D on start up...good 5 10 seconds...for the diesel V8's as well, start the Paj diesel now...3 seconds max.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X