• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Recall NP Pajero, ZF Outlander + 13/8/14

Mitsubishi—Turn Signal and Lighting Switch Assorted Vehicles.

PRA number: 2014/14258
    Date published: 13th August 2014

Product information

Product description

Turn Signal and Lighting Switch installed on affected DB 380, RG
    Colt, BA Grandis, CH & CY Lancer, ZF Outlander and NP Pajero vehicles inspected and rectified.
    Identifying features

Campaign: 010075 - 380, Colt, Grandis and Lancer
    Campaign: 010076 - Outlander, Pajero (W/O H/Lamp Washers)
    Campaign: 010077 - Outlander, Pajero (With H/Lamp Washers)
    Target: 114,862
    What are the defects?

Due to inappropriate structure of the base for the lighting switch platform, a crack may develop in the soldering in the printed circuit board between the base and the platform caused by the repeated heating cycle of expansion and contraction.
    What are the hazards?

In the worst case scenario, the cracked portion could cause a temporary continuity
    failure resulting in a situation where the head lamps and/or turn signal lamps turn off, do not turn on or stay on. This may pose an accident hazard to the driver and other road users.
    Where the product was sold

• Nationally

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mitsubishi dealers nationwide
    Supplier

Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited
    What should consumers do?

Affected consumers will be contacted via letter.

The vehicles will be inspected, and if required the Printed Circuit Board (vehicles without headlamp washers) or the light switch (vehicles with headlamp washers) will be replaced.
    Advertisements and supporting documentation

Mitsubishi VIN Range.pdf (38.8 KB)
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

Kidding me... I only just bought a new one last week!
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Holy crap - that includes mine, after 11 years !!

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Poita
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2010
        • Adelaide

Just been on the phone to MMAL. I need to get the dealer to inspect it to make sure it's all good and then email off a copy of my receipt for a potential refund. Hopefully I get my money back!
        NW VRX MY2013
        Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Shano592
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2012
          • Central Coast NSW

Damn. Mine is in the range too. I'll have to make contact, I guess.

EDIT: Called the local dealer, they confirmed that the VIN number fell within the range. It is booked for 9AM Monday, and I was told it should take around an hour.
          Last edited by Shano592; 14-08-14, 05:01 PM.
          Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

• Poita
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2010
            • Adelaide

I replaced mine in less than 15 minutes. 3 screws, pull the old one out, put the new one in.
            NW VRX MY2013

Comment

• smwhiskey
              • Feb 2012
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Poita View Post
              Just been on the phone to MMAL. I need to get the dealer to inspect it to make sure it's all good and then email off a copy of my receipt for a potential refund. Hopefully I get my money back!
              What The!!! Surely if you're in there because of a recall it shouldn't cost anything for the inspection and therefore nothing to refund.

Simon
              2003 NP DID Exceed with a bit of lift and a hunk of steel on the front with some stuff hanging off it

Comment

• Poita
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2010
                • Adelaide

No a refund on the indicator switch assembly which I purchased a week or so ago. If I had waited a week I would have got it for free. So they may be refunding me what I paid for the new switch.
                NW VRX MY2013

Comment

• Shano592
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • Central Coast NSW

Just an update:

I booked my Pajero in for this morning the recall work. MM dealer said it would take about an hour.

No problem to me, as I can be anywhere at the moment. Turns out that it took them about 85 minutes, from the time the car hit the hoist.

All sorted now, and I didn't have to swear at any componentry!
                  Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

• hinsch
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2010
                    • Perth

Rang MM in Wangara Perth this morning about 1030, they checked VIN and agreed with the recall, booked me in for 1530 got there about 1525 gone by 1550, circuit board was changed I was told. Cannot argue with that no questions asked.
                    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• Poita
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Adelaide

I was booked in for 9am. Was told it would take an hour. 1.5 hours later... For a 15 minute job when I was sitting there and they knew I needed to get to work. Not impressed seeing as they only needed to check the part number seeing as I had already changed it.
                      NW VRX MY2013

Comment

• Trojan
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Coconuts

Thanks for this advice Gus.

My VIN appears to be within the range identified even though it is an October 04 build not the stated 05-06?
                        Troy
                        04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN
                        17 NX Exceed, Steel OEM Bar (Gone and not missed)

Comment

• Shano592
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • Central Coast NSW

If it is in range, then give them a call.

Have the VIN handy as they will ask you for it.

Better to get it replaced, and never have to worry about it again.

Comment

• darlingd
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Dinmore

My VIN falls in the range, but is apparently not affected by the recall (at least that's according to my local dealer).

Comment

• Lance
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • Melbourne

How does a dealer check if a particular vehicle in the VIN range is affected ?

Is there a supplementary listing of VINs, or do they do a physical check of each vehicle presented to them ?
                              2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                              2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X