Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Safety features such as traction control etc,having?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CEDH
    • Dec 2017
    • Sydney

Safety features such as traction control etc,having?

Hi, this may seem like a stupid question or perhaps a no brainier.

I might have just posted this half finished, oops.

I am looking to buy a petrol Exceed or the model down in an auto, preferably one that hasn't towed anything too heavy or done much off-road. I have been looking through the various threads trying to see if anyone has posed this question.

My previous 4wdrives have been a 1992 Nissan Patrol GQ 4.2 Diesel no turbo with no traction control, hill descent or other similar driver aids. And a 1990 Nissan Patrol GQ 4.2 in petrol. As the driver you rely on the power steering and low range to enjoy the drive with your ability to navigate the track.

Patrol's ANCAP rating in the newer GU is only 3 out of 5 and with a young family on board I want something rated higher like a Pajero. The Pajero's from about 2006 seem to have a full complement or suite of features. Are they are a matter of getting used to or do I purchase an earlier model with less bells and whistles?

Thank you for your feedback Charles
    Last edited by CEDH; 08-12-17, 05:50 AM. Reason: Made a mistake whilst entering
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

If the vehicle was only ever to be driven by you and you carried no passengers then maybe you could live with an older. less safe vehicle. However, your wife and family are placing their lives in your hands every time they travel in a vehicle with you. Definately buy the 5 star rated vehicle. All transport is evolving with more electronic gadgetry that should make driving a vehicle, safer, easier and more reliable. Imagine still driving a vehicle with no air-conditioning, no seat belts, wind up windows, skinny non radial tyres, no power steering or power brakes. Get with the times and enjoy motoring whilst looking after your most valuable asset...your family.
    cheers
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

You probably won't notice any of the "gizmos" during everyday use, even off road they work pretty smoothly. You will notice them when you have an braking/avoidance emergency.
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Wellington,New Zealand

this is the main reason i bought the Pajero.Any half reasonable 100 series had done 250 ks and was NZ $35k .You dont really know what they may have done.Any 70 series till about 2010 doesnt even have a drivers airbag,and is about 50k here.Prado was an option but they are at least $10k more and i dont tlike the road dynamics.Was too scared to by a modern Patrol,and the older ones were just too old.Pajero was the only one left.
        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• CEDH
          • Dec 2017
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          If the vehicle was only ever to be driven by you and you carried no passengers then maybe you could live with an older. less safe vehicle. However, your wife and family are placing their lives in your hands every time they travel in a vehicle with you. Definately buy the 5 star rated vehicle. All transport is evolving with more electronic gadgetry that should make driving a vehicle, safer, easier and more reliable. Imagine still driving a vehicle with no air-conditioning, no seat belts, wind up windows, skinny non radial tyres, no power steering or power brakes. Get with the times and enjoy motoring whilst looking after your most valuable asset...your family.
          cheers
          Hi Dicko1, Nab & KiwiNTPajero,

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

Comment

• Hatto
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Mandurah WA

Electronic driving aids in my opinion are brilliant. Doesn't take much to get used to. Makes all aspects of driving safer. Off-road, traction control allows you to tackle obstacles slower and more controlled than with open diffs. It is also very effective, especially with the very limited wheel travel the IFS Paj has and its willingness to lift a wheel.
            Stability control definitely makes emergency situations safer if you slide on gravel or swerve ect. I've accidentally come into a gravel corner too quick before and thought I had no chance of avoiding running off the road but I'm sure that's what saved me. Just beware that if you do take off with too much right foot and spin a wheel, the ASC will kick in and cut engine power for a few seconds or so. This can catch you out if you're pulling out into traffic into a gap that is borderline big enough.
            ABS, well that's a no brainer I reckon. Safer braking for sure.
            Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
            ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X