• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

With it starting to warm up I got motivated and checked the air conditioner cabin filter (which I last changed 2 years ago).

I couldn't believe how bad it was after 'only' 2 years.

Old & new (same brand) for comparison...

However, the Pajero's cabin filter was like new compared to the wife's Forester (which I've had for 3 1/2 years and has never been changed by me)
    Last edited by geopaj; 03-05-18, 08:59 PM. Reason: Postimage links updated
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• m_and_m
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010
      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Indeed!
      Look like it should be replaced each yearly service.
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

They do wash out quite well in warm soapy water. Jiggle it in a bucket then a squirt with the hose.
        Is pollen filter replacement not in the Job Description for W.I.F.E. ?
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
          They do wash out quite well in warm soapy water. Jiggle it in a bucket then a squirt with the hose.
          Is pollen filter replacement not in the Job Description for W.I.F.E. ?
          Was a bit unsure whether they would clean up. Just ordered 2 off e-bay..$25 total delivered from China..(quality..unknown, but worth a gamble). When they arrive I will try your washing suggestion..thanks
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

LED high mount stoplight

After noticing about a year ago that the later (NW & NX) LED high mount stop light is brighter than the NS-NT incandescent one, I've wanted to upgrade. Finally got round to it today after one came my way (thanks )

Original incandescent high mount stop light

Retro-fitted LED high mount stoplight

It doesn't really show in the photos, but the LEDs are noticeably brighter.
            Last edited by geopaj; 03-05-18, 09:00 PM. Reason: Postimage links updated
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Adelaide

Day Time Running Lights

To continue the LED conversation 'theme' I swapped the ARB fog lights for Stedi LED day time running light / fog light combination lights.

Rather than wiring the fog lights (I've already have wired the fog light switch on the dash to operate the spot lights), I just simply have them connected to come on with high beam (not much fog in Adelaide )

DRLs on whenever the ignition is on

DRLs turn off whenever the headlights or parkers are on

Fog lights wired to high beam (surprisingly, they add quite a bit of spread to the OEM high beam).
              Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• Lando
                Valued Member
                • May 2013
                • Lake Maquarie NSW

Very nice...theyre great lights ay..i just skipped the drl and joined the two positives together and have them all come on with the foglight switch

You now need the arb led parker/indicators now ...much better than the originals and match the stedi fogs
                MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• geopaj
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Adelaide

Transfer case guard

Finally got around to buying and adding a transfer case guard

Currently have a Bushskinz intercooler guard and (Boo's Bash Plates have them for only $115 including delivery!)

Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Adelaide

I got sick and tired of punctures with the Bridgestones (3 unrepairable sidewall punctures in approximately 45,000km) so ended up chucking them and getting a se of the new BF Goodrich AT KO2's (I'd run several sets of BFG's on the NL for years without any issues).

Last edited by geopaj; 03-05-18, 09:01 PM. Reason: Postimage links updated
                    Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Much better!

They'd be great in the high country...
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• ticky
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2015
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                        I got sick and tired of punctures with the Bridgestones (3 unrepairable sidewall punctures in approximately 45,000km) so ended up chucking them and getting a se of the new BF Goodrich AT KO2's (I'd run several sets of BFG's on the NL for years without any issues).

Hey Justin,
                        How do the BFG's compare to the 697's in price? Im not due yet, but I am going to have to start thinking about mortgaging the house for a new set at some stage. I like the 18's, i just dont like paying for them.

Maybe we should all get together and bring a container load over from the states.

Also, I wasnt aware there were fog/DRL's available. Do you know if they will fit into the original fog light space on the bumper? I've never had mine out so I wouldn't have a clue.

I did get pulled over at a breatho one night and got a ticket for driving with my fog lights on. no fine, but a notice. The OEM lights are nearly as good as the MMCS IMO.

Steve
                        2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• m_and_m
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                          Hey Justin,
                          How do the BFG's compare to the 697's in price? Im not due yet, but I am going to have to start thinking about mortgaging the house for a new set at some stage. I like the 18's, i just dont like paying for them.
                          Steve
                          When got mine 6 months ago, the 18's were $420 ea fitted. I still shake my head in disbelief
                          17's are much cheaper.
                          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                          2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                          Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• geopaj
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                            Much better!

They'd be great in the high country...
                            That's mean! Have fun without me

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                            Hey Justin,

Maybe we should all get together and bring a container load over from the states.

Also, I wasnt aware there were fog/DRL's available. Do you know if they will fit into the original fog light space on the bumper? I've never had mine out so I wouldn't have a clue.

I did get pulled over at a breatho one night and got a ticket for driving with my fog lights on. no fine, but a notice. The OEM lights are nearly as good as the MMCS IMO.

Steve
                            Hi Steve, Stedi LED DRL's are specifically made as a replacement for ARB fog lights so won't fit in the OEM fig light spot. However, looking at my old OEM fog lights it looks like it would be 'easy' to make an adapter bracket and use some of the universal LED DRL's (ie like are on eBay).

Two years ago I paid $259 each for the Bridgestones (265/65/17) but they have come down in price (about $220 now I think), plus Bridgestone often have buy 3 & get the 4th free deals.

The RRP on the BFG's in the same size is $400 I believe, but I picked mine up for $325 each. M_and_m also got a good deal on his 18" BFG's but they were $95 a tire more.

Two other things to consider though...
                            1. In 40,000km I had 3 unrepairable punctures (sidewall damage). That's a lot of additional expense at $220-$259 a tire! (I didn't have a single puncture with my previous 2 sets of BFG's).
                            2. When I replaced the Bridgestones they had done about 43,000km and were about 2-3mm from the tread wear indicator. Therefore they'd probably have needed to be replaced at about 55-60,000km but I got 70-80,000km out of my previous BFG's (and they were still about 1mm from the tread wear indicators). Add 20-30% to the Bridgestone's price ($220+20%=$260 - $259+30%=$335) for the BFG's additional mileage and the total cost isn't that different
                            Last edited by geopaj; 21-01-17, 09:25 PM.
                            Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Adelaide

Haven't been out 4wd'ing/camping for a while so did a quick weekend trip with a mate.

It was a few weeks ago but I love this photo...

Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2007
                                • Adelaide

While my mudflap/stone guard bracket seems to protect the rear bumper from damage in sand, I've still damage it a couple of times in thick mud and on rocks (thankfully nothing I couldn't repair).

Long story short, I decided to install one on Boo's Bash Plates new rear bumper guards. For $200 including delivery, it's a 'no brainer'!

Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X