X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roadblock
    • Apr 2010
    • Mackay, QLD

Just got our NX back from 1,500km ‘inspection’ where I raised the nag screen amongst some other minor issues. They have updated to the ‘latest’ firmware which I was told by the service manager is the same across Pajero, triton, outlander, etc.

The fantastic news is......

Nag screen times out after 3 seconds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Roadblock

2019 NX Exceed, Pearl White, MM Steel Bar, MM towbar, Provent 200 catch can, 140Ah Aux with Projecta IDC25 DC-DC Charger

Comment

• Roadblock
      • Apr 2010
      • Mackay, QLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Cheers,
      Roadblock

2019 NX Exceed, Pearl White, MM Steel Bar, MM towbar, Provent 200 catch can, 140Ah Aux with Projecta IDC25 DC-DC Charger

Comment

• tommy49
        • Dec 2018
        • Melbourne

Anyone know if it's possible to get the update without going to a dealer?

Comment

• surf54
          • Jan 2018
          • Port Macquarie

Updated Smartphone Link Display

Anyone know if it's possible to get the update without going to a dealer?
          My dealer in Port Macquarie, NSW lived up to their colors and updated my MM AA head-unit for free.
          They told me it can't be DIY and it has to be done by a MM dealer. There has to be a reason and my main reason was a freezing head-unit after crossing any cattle grid abundant here on country roads.
          It seems that unlike their entertainment system MMCS in previous models you can't do the update yourself on this AA unit, but hopefully they will change their minds in the future.

The screen has a slightly different startup splash with smaller logo stating Mitsubishi Motors underneath and a red stripe at the bottom fading at the ends. From recall my previous splash startup was just a larger MM logo. After moving to the "globe ball" screen it jumps to the warning screen and seconds later it jumps to the screen that was on when switched off. No action required.. YES!

I don't know if this software is more stable when leaving mobile covered areas (after downloading area map data to the phone) and hitting a cattle grid with an Android mobile attached through a quality USB --> mini USB cable. The USB data cables/connectors are not made for high vibration and I fear a frozen or failing navigation function of the head-unit again until I stop and go through my reset procedure.

Anyway I will use my Garmin for most of the navigation but very happy no action required after the ignition has been off or the starter-motor activated.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Shaun_Belligero
            • May 2019
            • Blue Haven

Anyone use Waze? I tried it the other day and it seemed a little glitchy - wouldn't load or follow where I was driving. The software in my unit is out of date car goes in tomorrow to check out rear suspension noise so might ask for them to update it then.

Also any idea why maps change to night mode in the middle of the day?

Thanks

Comment

• Tis
              • Feb 2018
              • Northern vic

I don't know what the deal is, but I was categorically told by my MM dealer there is NO software update available, three times. If there were one available, they.d be happy to update, but, there isn't any. This was when I had booked in for my 30k service.

Comment

• bige
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Tis View Post
                I don't know what the deal is, but I was categorically told by my MM dealer there is NO software update available, three times. If there were one available, they.d be happy to update, but, there isn't any. This was when I had booked in for my 30k service.
                have look in information and tell us what your version number is
                the latest version is 2.2.0006.0200

Comment

• Fooz
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Brisbane

Well I've booked my 2016 NX in Monday purely for a firmware upgrade. I currently have V1.4 so hopefully I will leave with V2.2, will keep you all posted.

Comment

• Tis
                    • Feb 2018
                    • Northern vic

Originally posted by bige View Post
                    have look in information and tell us what your version number is
                    the latest version is 2.2.0006.0200
                    It is version 2.0.0006.0200 and I do have to push I agree every time..
                    Last edited by Tis; 08-06-19, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Old Paj
                      Pajero Club Life Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Heathcote, Vic

Display

Originally posted by Fooz View Post
                      Well I've booked my 2016 NX in Monday purely for a firmware upgrade. I currently have V1.4 so hopefully I will leave with V2.2, will keep you all posted.
                      I am in for a 75K service on Wed next week, am also in 1.4 so will hit them up for the upgrade also.
                      NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Fooz
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
                        I am in for a 75K service on Wed next week, am also in 1.4 so will hit them up for the upgrade also.
                        Well just back from the dealer & I am now running V2.2. Agree screen timed out after startup at the dealer.

Apparently there is a bulletin NX54-001 out for the headunit problems/firmware upgrade.

I told them there was intermittent problems with black screen on startup, freezing screen & Carplay voice quality inconsistencies.

Comment

• Old Paj
                          Pajero Club Life Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Heathcote, Vic

Nag Screen

Yes Fooz,

Just back from the dealers, also now on v2.2 and finally after virtually 2 and 1/2 years the nag screen goes away by itself.
                          NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Pickle
                            Administrator
                            • Jun 2007
                            • All over Oz

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
                            Yes Fooz,

Just back from the dealers, also now on v2.2 and finally after virtually 2 and 1/2 years the nag screen goes away by itself.
                            Good to hear at times MMAL "will" listen to customers . Now to get mine done!
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Hart
                              • Nov 2016
                              • Edmonton

Had mine done on wed asked if would be under warranty and they said no told them screen freezes sometimes and they said they will see. Picked car up no charge! Good to not have to agree all the time after all the radio is not the misses.

Comment

• Pushbike
                                • Jun 2017
                                • Sydney

Hi, Had mine updated on Wed. last just said I wanted it done and mentioned the discussion on the Pajero Club forum. No problem, listed on the invoice as a warranty item. Looks okay.
                                Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
                                Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X