• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

MMCS v2

So lets have a look at the new MMCS now being fitted in the MY 2013 range.
    First of all a big bravo as that annoying nag screen has now gone. So no need to agree anymore every time you start the vehicle.
    DVD is gone but the Compact Disk spot does play CD's with MP3's etc.
    So basically when you tilt it like the older MMCS you have a CD slot and two SD card slots. One is for the navigation and the other for music etc.
    Looks like digital radio as the information of artist and song comes up on the display (to be confirmed). Rockford Fosgate system sounds fantastis and there are plenty of settings for the music buffs to play with.
    Overall a vast improvement over the older MMCS and this one is worthy of paying the extra dollars on.

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • marquis
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Newcastle

Didn't like the glare from the glossy plastic crap around it - should be matt
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• grizzly
      • Oct 2012
      • Perth

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      So lets have a look at the new MMCS now being fitted in the MY 2013 range.
      First of all a big bravo as that annoying nag screen has now gone. So no need to agree anymore every time you start the vehicle.
      DVD is gone but the Compact Disk spot does play CD's with MP3's etc.
      So basically when you tilt it like the older MMCS you have a CD slot and two SD card slots. One is for the navigation and the other for music etc.
      Looks like digital radio as the information of artist and song comes up on the display (to be confirmed). Rockford Fosgate system sounds fantastis and there are plenty of settings for the music buffs to play with.
      Overall a vast improvement over the older MMCS and this one is worthy of paying the extra dollars on.

More importantly....Does it;

1) All the functionality still works while you are driving? especially phone and gps?
      2) Phone Voice Recognition works?

Comment

• Jenko67
        • Jul 2011
        • Brisbane

the worse part about my Pajero is the MMCS.....
        2011 Pajero RX2, white, auto diesel, genuine towbar, electronic rust proofing, brake controller, mats throughout, neoprene seat covers, tinted front windows, headlight and bonnet protectors, dual battery, Redarc with anderson plug and heavy duty fridge socket etc etc but I want more...

Towing - 2013 Coromal Magnum Transforma Poptop

To do list - bullbar, spotlights, polyair airbags or suspension ??? (still to decide), airtec snorkel...

Comment

• placido
          • Dec 2009
          • NSW South Coast

Re Nag Screen

I picked up my My13 Exceed today with the MMCS V2, still has a nag screen on start up with Sat Nav but it seems you can access some features on the move, had to re orient the map display as it appeared back to front, looks ok after adjustment, will see how it goes. The SD card option for music looks great, seems to work well sound is very good.
          2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• CraigFox
            • Jun 2010
            • Happy Valley SA

Does it still use out of date Whereis maps? Or now that it is SD card nav, can you load other map variants??
            Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Bushskinz under body still to come one day.

Comment

• placido
              • Dec 2009
              • NSW South Coast

Haven't verified the source of maps (Brand), the maps are stored on an SD card and manual gives you clear instructions on rebuilding a failed card, map info on the CD can be restored to an SD card, so next step is to view the CD to see if I can identify who the map supplier is.

Cheers
              2012 NW EXCEED - 3.2 DiD, LRA 58L Tank, Redarc DC-DC, ECB Alloy Bar DP CHIP, Safe-T-Tyre sensors

Comment

• tar
                • Dec 2011
                • brisbane

that looks great good to have a volume knob now i never liked pressing a button over and over to turn it up and down and looks pretty good hopefully can load new maps into it also does any one know the $$$$$$
                2011 RX Warm white, Stereo upgrade, Towbar, Tinting, Interior Protection, Paint Protection, Electronic Rust, TJM Sump Guard, bonnet protector, 75w HID spotties, 2'' Bilstein and kings, airtec snorkel, Cooper At3, uniden uhf, custom rear lighting, colour coded deluxe bull bar, piranha battery tray with abr isolator ... more to come

Towing: Jimboomba Camper trailer

Comment

• Yclept
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Sydney

Disabling nag screen

Pickle, how did you disable the nag screen?

Only had the VR-X a couple of days and the nag screen is something I really hate.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Yclept
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Sydney

Just been playing with the MMCS and if this is a vast improvement over V1, then V1 must be an absolute dog.

It seems that Mitsubishi have never heard of usability testing as so much of how it works is counter-intuitive and just plain annoying. Dial your voicemail from the screen and then the screen is disabled so you can't make choices like delete the messages, you need to dig your phone out to delete from its keypad.

I wondered why I couldn't easily flip open the auxiliary ports cover in the glovebox next to the USB port. Had to resort to a screwdriver only to find it isn't actually a flap as depicted in the manual, it's just a blank covering a rough looking hole in the dash. You therefore can't hook up older devices via RCA connectors as mentioned in the manual.

Can't wait to see how many more disappointments I'm going to find.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• placido
                      • Dec 2009
                      • NSW South Coast

Video RCA Ports MMCS V2

My November 2012 build Exceed has both the USB and RCA sockets in the glove box the Video flap lifts up as easily as the USB flap, haven't tried to connect anything to the RCA sockets but they are definitely there. A factory mistake? Model difference? I don't know but worth checking I guess.

Comment

• Yclept
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Sydney

Originally posted by placido View Post
                        My November 2012 build Exceed has both the USB and RCA sockets in the glove box the Video flap lifts up as easily as the USB flap, haven't tried to connect anything to the RCA sockets but they are definitely there. A factory mistake? Model difference? I don't know but worth checking I guess.
                        I presume yours is an MY12. I know MMCS changed for MY13, but nobody at the dealerships had any idea what the changes were. I think I'm beginning to find them.

Cheers, Brett

Comment

• placido
                          • Dec 2009
                          • NSW South Coast

No it is definitely an MY13, dealer couldn't supply an MY12 VRX so ended up with good deal on the Exceed

Comment

• mongoose
                            • Aug 2007

Has anyone found where to get maps for these yet?
                            My brand new outlander seems to have maps that are at least 2 years old. WTF!! other than that the unit seems to work well. I did try inserting the maps SD card into my PC to see what is on it and my PC cannot even see the card. I wonder if it uses a different format.

cheers
                            Adrian
                            NW Pajero VR-X
                            Currently stock

Comment

• vk2crt
                              • Feb 2008

For MMCS V2, the maps are by Navteq a division of Garmin.

Regards to all

Col

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X