• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer
    • Jan 2008
    • Travelling around Australia.

Plug For Aux Input

Hi All

I pulled the dash out(Under the radio) to link a 12v socket for my navman that I fitted in the fuse compartment, and while it was apart I had a look for the plug/socket for the Aux/ipod on the back of the cd tuner and could see no plugs. Has anyone seen where the plug goes and what type it is.
    I would think that all glx - vrx wiring is the same.

Regards Springer
    RG Colorado with all the extras (the wife is awesome)
  • Hawkeye
    • Mar 2008
    • Shepparton, Victoria, Australia

Hi Springer,

On a slightly off topic matter.. can you post some info & pics on your installation of the navman, & what model is it.

I am wanting to get an s90i & hardwire the power supply in so I keep the 12v outlet at the front free for my iPods Kensington transmitter.

Any info on what you did, where you wired it, how you did it etc would be fantastic.

Thanks i advance..
    Hawk

2008 NS VRX DiD Auto, LWB, Gunmetal Grey, All Standard Extras, my Extras: DVD Player, Satnav, Yaesu FT-1802 2m/70cm rig, Uniden UH-090 AM/UHF CB, etc etc, Just after the Proper off-road extras now

Comment

• Fudggie
      • Jul 2007
      • Melbourne VIC

The plug is a 3.5mm type. It gets wired into the radio harness. From memory there is another thread on the forum with all the aux plug info.
      NS 3.2L Diesel Black Shortie
      Nudge Bar, Roof Rack, Piranha Duel Battery System, Uniden UH015sx UHF, Hella Rallye 4000 Lights, LRA Aux Tank, ARB High Output Compressor, BFG Mudies (Occasionally)

Comment

• springer
        • Jan 2008

part 1

Hi Hawkeye

Part 1. sorry for the late reply

I have the S80, a good unit if you don?t want the camera I got this one as we are about to set out around Australia for a few years and the log feature is a must. Now to the tricky bit you need to remove the panels at each end of the dash, these lever out towards the doors.
        Then remove the plastic panels under the glove box and above the drivers pedals, then the panels with the chrome strip on them above the glove box and either side of the steering wheel(these are grey and chrome on my GXL DID Auto LWB)and pull straight out and are only clips, and drop the panel under the steering wheel and remove the glove box. Now the climate control panel should be removed first it is only clipped in but this is difficult so I grabbed the panel below this and pull out carefully to the shifter and wiggle very slightly as the white plastic clips that hold this in are a bugger to remove, and this pulled out the climate control then unplug and remove.

continued in part 2

Regards Springer

Comment

• springer
          • Jan 2008

Part 2

Part 2

Pull the panel forward and wire into the plug wiring, I used an extension cable with the plug cut off and run the socket to the fuse box and just left it in behind the cover.
          If you break any white clips then use the ones from under the dash or the side panels as these are easy to replace after if you want.

Sorry for the 2 parts for some reason I was unable to post it all in 1 post

Regards Springer

Comment

• Hawkeye
            • Mar 2008
            • Shepparton, Victoria, Australia

Hi Springer,

Cheers for that info will be invaluable when I do my Navman.

Thanks again.
            Hawk

2008 NS VRX DiD Auto, LWB, Gunmetal Grey, All Standard Extras, my Extras: DVD Player, Satnav, Yaesu FT-1802 2m/70cm rig, Uniden UH-090 AM/UHF CB, etc etc, Just after the Proper off-road extras now

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X