Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by stigmata View Post
    Hi Mike

here is a couple of quick pics of the NM with the 35's

Will post some more for you soon

Kind regards Jon
    Good stuff mate! So looks like you just had to trim some plastic off the front bumper and lower rear of front guard? Did it make much difference power wise compared to the 33's?

Cheers,
    Mike.
    02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• stigmata
      • Jun 2011
      • SA

Originally posted by mmannion View Post
      Good stuff mate! So looks like you just had to trim some plastic off the front bumper and lower rear of front guard? Did it make much difference power wise compared to the 33's?

Cheers,
      Mike.
      Yes, yes and yes LOL. It wasnt as bad as I thought though with not too much trimming required. Power wise you can definately feel it although I would say its not much worse than the 33's. Makes it much easier to get through ruts carved by Trolls n Cruiser with 35's and 37's!

Will take some more pics for ya on the wekend bud

kind regards Jon
      02 NM 3.5 Exceed 5sp Auto, EFS 2" lift, K&N Panel, Safari Snorkel, MT 117 muds,FYRLYT 150W spots, Engel 60L, coming soon Garrett GT35/82R

Comment

• mmannion
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Birth place of QLD

Thanks Jon, love the black wheels too! Turbo should fix the power problem ay?

Cheers,
        Mike.
        02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• Herman4x4
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2009
          • Melton, Victoria

So with 35's, no diff pumpkins, would it be like a pootrol or cruiser with 37's? Are you able to swap the diff centres to try to return to normal gearing?
          Cheers,
          Andrew.
          Cheers,
          Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
          Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• stigmata
            • Jun 2011
            • SA

Originally posted by Herman4x4 View Post
            So with 35's, no diff pumpkins, would it be like a pootrol or cruiser with 37's? Are you able to swap the diff centres to try to return to normal gearing?
            Cheers,
            Andrew.
            The ground clearance the paj now has is very impressive, especially with no diff pumpkins. I know hard 4x4ing isnt everyones cup of tea in a Paj but its nice to show the Cruisers and Trolls the Paj can do nearly just as much. In fact it has shown to be quite a lot better in quite a few situations. Even without lockers, just some left foot braking.

I thought about going for some diesel gearing (if they are any different which I assume they would be) but as i will be turbo charging the V6 I am not going to bother. Turbos love a bit of extra loading

Kind regards Jon
            02 NM 3.5 Exceed 5sp Auto, EFS 2" lift, K&N Panel, Safari Snorkel, MT 117 muds,FYRLYT 150W spots, Engel 60L, coming soon Garrett GT35/82R

Comment

• stigmata
              • Jun 2011
              • SA

Hi Guys

Just had a call from the boss this arvo, the first five kits have all been sold. Thankyou all for your intrest

kind regards Jon

Comment

• stigmata
                • Jun 2011
                • SA

Hi Andrew

My appologies mate, it seems I totally over looked your question out cores. I will PM ya about it as its probably best talked about of the forum so there is no conflict of intrest. We were using Adrad for a bit and I have used them for many years but we have gone with PWR for very good reasons. Will speak with ya later about bud! Hope all is well in the welding world

Kind regards Jon

Originally posted by awill4wd View Post
                Jon, I'd be curious to know your thoughts on PWR Vs Adrad cores.
                My mate who I weld for after hours uses Adrad cores (both intercooler and radiator) and he seems happy with his business alignment with Adrad.
                As a bit of a "techie" myself is there any info available on PWR cores regarding construction and core design?
                I've looked at PWR's website but it's all a bit general and no pics showing tube and fins designs and the benefits of close tube and fin pitch vs a coarser arrangement.
                I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on PWR's products.
                Regards Andrew.

Comment

• kibz
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Melb, Victoria

Intercooler Up-Grade

Hi Jon,

It's only been 2 days but I'm so impressed so far that I just want to give you some feedback on the great intercooler job that was done last week by you and Grant. .

The intercooler has increased the power to 95kw at the wheels which I thought was impressive but to me it will be how it drives.

Driving it home saw a decrease in fuel use by 10%, from 12.5/100 (going over) to 11.2/100 (coming home) The Paj was also quieter and smoother to drive too.

We did say that I would notice the most difference when I start driving on roads I normally travel. Well today on the way to work I couldn't believe how much this mod has changed the driving ability of the Paj in city traffic. What I've noticed is the Torque Convertor (TC) stays locked for a much longer time , which was a nice surprise. Before the intercooler upgrade I would guess to say the TC was locked about 30% of the time and now it's about 70%. The fact that this mod brings the peak torque in earlier by 500rpm, this means I don't have to have as much right foot as before. The TC lock-up must be dependent on who much right foot is applied at given speeds. Should be big improvements in fuel around town too.

I will keep you posted when I've managed a tank to tank mileage.

Until then a big thanks to the best mod I've done so far..
                  Cheers,
                  Paul

Comment

• stigmata
                    • Jun 2011
                    • SA

Originally posted by kibz View Post
                    Hi Jon,

It's only been 2 days but I'm so impressed so far that I just want to give you some feedback on the great intercooler job that was done last week by you and Grant. .

The intercooler has increased the power to 95kw at the wheels which I thought was impressive but to me it will be how it drives.

Driving it home saw a decrease in fuel use by 10%, from 12.5/100 (going over) to 11.2/100 (coming home) The Paj was also quieter and smoother to drive too.

We did say that I would notice the most difference when I start driving on roads I normally travel. Well today on the way to work I couldn't believe how much this mod has changed the driving ability of the Paj in city traffic. What I've noticed is the Torque Convertor (TC) stays locked for a much longer time , which was a nice surprise. Before the intercooler upgrade I would guess to say the TC was locked about 30% of the time and now it's about 70%. The fact that this mod brings the peak torque in earlier by 500rpm, this means I don't have to have as much right foot as before. The TC lock-up must be dependent on who much right foot is applied at given speeds. Should be big improvements in fuel around town too.

I will keep you posted when I've managed a tank to tank mileage.

Until then a big thanks to the best mod I've done so far..
                    Hi Bud

You are most welcome, I am really happy you like the cooler and the results. I am now giving some major thought into getting rid of the V6 and going for an oil burner myself! Might pick up an NP 3.2 Did in the new year! LOL The instant torque they pick up with the cooler has really impressed me aswell!! Not to mention your fuel economy improvement. Keep us posted mate and thankyou for taking the time to give me some feed back

Kind regards Jon

Comment

• Bill13
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Kingaroy. Qld

Intercooler upgrade

Well it's been a month or so since I fitted the Intercooler from Cross Country 4WD. The parcel arrived just before Xmas so it was a busy time for me with the family coming so the fitting was put off till I had enough uninterrupted time to fit it. When time was available to fit the Intercooler I had already fitted the modified exchange tappet cover so I could return it back to Cross Country 4WD to be modified for their next customer. While the cover was off I checked the clearances of the tappets. Yes, I have already done the timing chain guard.
                      I carefully read the adequate fitting instructions that came with the Intercooler upgrade and then got to work. On unwrapping the Intercooler the quality of the construction was A1, with welding first class? The actual fitting of the Intercooler was a bit of a let down for me. This was because the fitting was a breeze, a walk in the park so to speak. This conversion was manufactured to perfection and no modifications were needed by me to fit it above the motor.
                      The fitting of the bonnet scoop was another matter. The instructions were to fit square pieces of foam cubes with sticky tape on opposite sides, to each corner of the Intercooler. The idea was to then close the bonnet and the sticky tape was to then fit to the bonnet giving you the area to cut for the scoop. For the Pajero, 3 cubes on top of each other was required which in my opinion if not vertical would give a false mark. I therefore came in 30mm on each corner mark and cut the area smaller than necessary, refitted the bonnet and from the top marked the corners of the Intercooler, removed the bonnet again and then made the final cut. This turned out to be exactly as required. I then bought some door rubber to fit in place of the double sided foam tape supplied which was to fit on the bonnet cutout and close over the Intercooler. This is a better fit.
                      The actual scoop fitted well, as a templet was given with the kit and it was just a matter of following the instructions.
                      With the tools laying where I had left them I took it for a drive around town. The Pajero responded quicker and held gears a lot longer than before. The bonnet scoop seemed big at the time but I am used to it now and do not notice it as much.
                      Two days later I had a 2 3/4in exhaust from Beaudesert Exhaust fitted to the Pajero and combined with the DP chip and Intercooler from Cross Country 4WD this is a totally different vehicle to drive. It has a lot more grunt, 🐗 , responds to acceleration more quickly with less right foot pressure and is a lot more efficient on fuel. To what extent I cannot tell for sure but I have had this Pajero since new and constantly get 250 Klm to the 1/4 tank when full and 500 Klm to the 1/2 tank when not towing and on the open road. I got an extra 70 Klm the first half tank and 65 the next half tankful.
                      Not an accurate test that's for sure but an indication that the savings are there.
                      I cannot wait to get a Dyno Tune but have to travel to Gympie or Toowoomba for this.
                      So there you have it. Jon from Cross Country was very helpful and easy to talk to. Talk to him if you have any doubts or concerns. I can highly recommend this conversion for the DIY people out there.
                      Only sorry I did not get it and the bigger exhaust much earlier, still with only 160klms on her I have a lot of more klms to do with her towing the van this year, with the next trip from Kingaroy, Innamincka, across the Plenty then the Tanami starting around May.
                      Anybody interested in a genuine MM Intercooler and fittings all in good condition?
                      Old age and cunning will over come youth and enthusiasm

Comment

• stigmata
                        • Jun 2011
                        • SA

Hi Bill

Im really happy to hear that the cooler is performing well for you mate the 3.2 really comes alive with the cooler chip and exhaust, to the point I am know looking for a 3.2 NM/NP myself. Its quite sad after test driving a customers 3.2 after we have done the cooler and then hopping into my 3.5V6 NM which now feels like it couldnt pull the skin off custard!!

Thankyou for your positive comments, it was an absolute pleasure doing business with you Please keep us updated on your fuel economy

Kindest regards Jon

Comment

• kibz
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Melb, Victoria

Hi Jon,

I've managed to do a few mileage runs around town now and I'm getting low to mid 12's per 100, which I think is great with the mod's I've got.

The right foot must be settling down...

The Paj is still performing as good as the day it came out of your workshop.
                          Cheers,
                          Paul

Comment

• Teake
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Perth

Hey mate,

Where can i buy this

Comment

• kibz
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Melb, Victoria

Cross Country 4wd in SA make the kits and fits them, Grant and Jon are top blokes, give them a call and they will sort it out for you.
                              Cheers,
                              Paul

Comment

• wazza1965
                                • Mar 2011
                                • Brisbane

Originally posted by kibz View Post
                                Cross Country 4wd in SA make the kits and fits them, Grant and Jon are top blokes, give them a call and they will sort it out for you.
                                Are these still being manufactured Stigmata. Couldn't find a listing for Pajero only Triton on Cross Countries web site.
                                NM2002 Exceed DID. Safari Snorkel, Garrett GTX2863R Turbo, HPD Intercooler, Synergy / Turbosmart controllers, Mandrel 3" Exhaust Pyro, Built auto, ECB Bar with 12,000lb Winch & Dyneema rope, Rotronic battery system, 2x 120Amp/h AGM AUX batteries, Lovell 2", Airbags, Rhino AT2012, Fiamma Awning. 4x IPF spots 120w HID inserts. Alpine NAV Bluetooth with Type R sound system, UHF Uniden UH8080NB, Couplertec. Rear draw system, 1500w inverter. ARB twin comp / tank, ARB Locker. Evakool. NASA BM-1.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X