• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheRaven_au
    • Jan 2015
    • Diamond Creek

Rear view mirror wires

I am getting quite frustrated with the local dealers lack of knowledge.

To make a long story short I want to replace the rear view mirror in my 2015 NX with a new monitor mirror for my rear cameras.

Whilst the vehicle was in being serviced I asked them to remove the rear view mirror for me so I could fit the new on when I went to pick up the car. The answer I got was "there are two wires running from the mirror that we don't want to undo."

Me: what are the wires for?

MMA service manager: I dont know they run up under the roof lining.

Me: @#*&$##@!! FFS dont you know anything.

Simple question for the forum; what are the wires for and can I simply unplug them? I assume they run to the roof light.
  • Scouter1
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by TheRaven_au View Post
    Simple question for the forum; what are the wires for and can I simply unplug them? I assume they run to the roof light.
    On older Gen 4 models they power the auto dim feature on the rear view mirror https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=45549, believe this feature is still offered on NX.
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

And the 2 wires for auto dimming run to a block connector behind fuse panel. Unfortunately this blick connector has several wures runnning through it so you can't just unplug.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Sorry just had another look at wire diagram. There is a smaller block connector should be under the front interior light and those 2 wires run too. It could be that you disconnect from there and pull the wires with connector out aling with the mirror assembly.
        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• TheRaven_au
          • Jan 2015
          • Diamond Creek

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
          Sorry just had another look at wire diagram. There is a smaller block connector should be under the front interior light and those 2 wires run too. It could be that you disconnect from there and pull the wires with connector out aling with the mirror assembly.
          Thanks, that what I thought.

As its not just a simple case of removing the mirror and replacing it with the monitor mirror I bought I may just stick with the dash mounted monitor I used to have in the Challenger. I was looking for a way to reduce the number of extra screens/devices cluttering the dash (GPS, reversing camera screen and EBC etc.)

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the mirror with a monitor mirror (full replacement not just one you strap onto the existing mirror)? Do you get errors or warnings if you disconnect the auto dimming mirror?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X