• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D@niel
    • Jul 2017
    • Perth

Dash Cluster Light Bulb Replacement?

Hey guys does anyone know how to remove the dash cluster and then replace a few blown globes? It's a 2010 NT. I've had a search and can't find anyone who's done this on a gen 4. Cheers
  • Gok
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Hi I believe you need lower the steering wheel, then unscrew the screws around the dash cluster and remove the plastic surround.
    Then unscrew the actual dash cluster then gently use a thin flat screw driver an d pry it out. You don't have to undo any wires as it all plugs into the back of it.

Once it is out swap a similar twis globe around to another position and plug back in to see what's blown then replace with new globes. I hope this is the info you were asking about.

Comment

• jimsutt
      • Jun 2012
      • Sydney

While you have it out I would suggest you replace all the globes so you don't have remove it again for quite a while..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Hey bud have a look af post 4 on the below thread, shows the cluster removal process which ive done before, quite easy.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• D@niel
          • Jul 2017
          • Perth

Got it fixed guys cheers for your help. Turns out someone covered the globes in tape for whatever reason.. anyway all done and everything works again!
          Attached Files

Comment

• RUGGA
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2014
            • Adelaide

Hmmm, maybe you have a flashing diff light problem and the old owner couldn't be bothered to fix it? You will soon find out. I just can't think of a good reason to tape over the lights

Actually, just re-read the thread; what lights where taped over?
            02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Mike DiD
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by D@niel View Post
              Got it fixed guys cheers for your help. Turns out someone covered the globes in tape for whatever reason.. anyway all done and everything works again!
              I'm pretty sure all the dash lights in all Gen 4 are LED, so you should never have a problem with blown bulbs - tape over LEDs would explain it !!
              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• D@niel
                • Jul 2017
                • Perth

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
                I'm pretty sure all the dash lights in all Gen 4 are LED, so you should never have a problem with blown bulbs - tape over LEDs would explain it !!
                Yep, they are LEDs.. haven't had any weird issues and the lights don't do anything they shouldn't so not sure why they were taped. Maybe someone hated seeing them constantly bugging them off road?! Dunno

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X