• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajero02
    • Apr 2013
    • Queensland

ASC light & Traction Control Light

Hi
    I have a Pajero2008 NS 3.2 DID and I am have trouble with the ASC light coming on when driving on the highway with my cruise control on & the car just loosing power & wont go faster than 20kmph & the engin going into limp mode. has anyone got an idea why it is doing this as MM workshop can't help me they charge me to reset it all the time as it is not throwing a code
  • Silverfox
    • Apr 2010
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajero02 View Post
    Hi
    I have a Pajero2008 NS 3.2 DID and I am have trouble with the ASC light coming on when driving on the highway with my cruise control on & the car just loosing power & wont go faster than 20kmph & the engin going into limp mode. has anyone got an idea why it is doing this as MM workshop can't help me they charge me to reset it all the time as it is not throwing a code
    If the MM workshop say they can't help you, find another workshop that can. The incompetence and total lack of service of some MM workshops is astounding.

I'd also get someone else to check for any codes, I wouldn't trust what those clowns are telling you.

Hopefully someone on this forum with some knowledge can assist you with your problem.

Comment

• Pajero02
      • Apr 2013
      • Queensland

Thank you & I really hope so

Comment

• lordfarquar
        • May 2015
        • adelaide

have you had your inlet manifold cleaned if not could be a gummed up inlet manifold which is common, or a blocked map sensor hose bit hard to tell if it's not throwing any codes. to avoid paying mm to clear codes all the time buy yourself an obd scanner off eBay they are like 10 bux or so then you can reset the faults yourself

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

There are a few reasons this could be occurring. Have a look at this post https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...4&postcount=17

Possibly a blocked MAP sensor issue as mentioned above.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Pajero02
            • Apr 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by lordfarquar View Post
            have you had your inlet manifold cleaned if not could be a gummed up inlet manifold which is common, or a blocked map sensor hose bit hard to tell if it's not throwing any codes. to avoid paying mm to clear codes all the time buy yourself an obd scanner off eBay they are like 10 bux or so then you can reset the faults yourself

Thank you I will give the OBD scanner a go the next time it happens & yes the manifold was clean out about 2 months ago

Comment

• DrewW
              • Nov 2011
              • Gold Coast

I had this happen driving to Brisbane on the M1 a couple of weeks ago. As per the manual, I switched off, waited a minute or so and switched back on. All good and no problems since. I have no idea why it happened but as it gets a special mention in the manual we are obviously not the first!
              NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Comment

• HAYDOPOTATO
                • Jul 2023
                • Western Australia

Hi Pajero02 have you solved the issue on this? I have the same issue and am trying to solve it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X