X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hunty
    • Jun 2010
    • Adelaide

This is my next project. I want be able to have a switch in the back and also would like to be able to light it up form the dash for reversing. There is a switch on the right side of the dash that looks like a rear fog light switch that does nothing. 2 bits of flat bar 1 welded to a square tube with a round tube inside for movement. I like the stretchy wire idea!!I was also thinking of mounting my aerial on the back so its higher and not in the vision as i get the wife to hang out the passenger window to take some photos.
    Last edited by Hunty; 09-10-12, 11:55 PM.
    Adventure b4 Dementure

Comment

• Downunder35m
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2011
      • Near Melbourne

Not sure if it is of any interest but I started an Arduino based project to replace the center instrument block.
      By using a waterproof housing enclosing a pan/tilt system, those lights could be remote controlled.
      With a bit more coding even for a wireless remote.
      If think it would make a good addition give feedback in my other thread.
      Maybe with some mechanical skills can come up with a cheap design for a waterproof housing?
      '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
      Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

• green monster
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Adelaide

good work Bisho, especially being able to take it off and use near the barby, or prevent some little shit stealing it !!!,
        Now please go and remove that Ford sticker from the back window !
        cheers cam
        NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• luke.k1983
          • May 2010
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
          Neat job!
          Also check they didn't send you 24V lights, as I've a pair of amber LED replacement globes I picked up cheap that were way too dim, until I applied 24volts to them!
          Maybe the 2x 15W may have been a better choice anyway, as the reflectors are on small side.

Also, did u connect them parallel? There is a single wire running up the pole, so just checking ;-)

L.
          1992 NH SWB GLS Hardtop 5spd 3.0L, TJM Winch bar + winch, 33" Maxxis Bighorn, 2" RAW 4x4 suspension, 2" body lift, Airflow snorkel, Icom IC400Pro + GME AE4705, rear storage w/ Waeco fridge and foldable bed, awning, lots of lights and few other mods

Comment

• Bisho
            • Jan 2012
            • Adelaide Hills

Originally posted by green monster View Post
            good work Bisho, especially being able to take it off and use near the barby, or prevent some little shit stealing it !!!,
            cheers cam
            Thanks Cam. I was wondering what you were talking about with the 'Ford' sticker! Its funny what you get used to seeing and therefore NOT seeing, now it has my attention and I need to remove it.

Originally posted by luke.k1983 View Post
            Also, did u connect them parallel? There is a single wire running up the pole, so just checking ;-)

L.
            Hi Luke. Yeah they are in parallel, the wire you see is twin core so I have basically connected both lights together on there '+' and the '-'.

Regards

Peter
            2003 NP GLS DiD 3.2L Auto, ARB Bullbar, Narva Ultima 225's, GME TX3220, Dual Batteries, LED Rear W/Lights, Rhino HD Bars, 60L Long Ranger Aux Tank, Ebay Snorkel (no shame), Unifilter, Polyair Springs, Maxxis AT771 265/70/16, Bisho's Custom O/Head Console (pics) & Bisho's Custom Centre Console wtih Classic Chocolate Milk Holders!!(pics)...to be continued...

Comment

• Bisho
              • Jan 2012
              • Adelaide Hills

Originally posted by green monster View Post
              cheers cam
              Sticker gone.

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
              Neat job!
              Also check they didn't send you 24V lights, as I've a pair of amber LED replacement globes I picked up cheap that were way too dim, until I applied 24volts to them! ....

Steve
              Wired them directly up to the battery and they work fine. I don't think the 15 watt versions are necessary at all for a general purpose work light.

I had run a few wires through so I will play about with the others and get it all up and running properly in the next few weeks.

Cheers

Peter
              2003 NP GLS DiD 3.2L Auto, ARB Bullbar, Narva Ultima 225's, GME TX3220, Dual Batteries, LED Rear W/Lights, Rhino HD Bars, 60L Long Ranger Aux Tank, Ebay Snorkel (no shame), Unifilter, Polyair Springs, Maxxis AT771 265/70/16, Bisho's Custom O/Head Console (pics) & Bisho's Custom Centre Console wtih Classic Chocolate Milk Holders!!(pics)...to be continued...

Comment

• Lance
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Melbourne

Looks great, but I can't get an upright behind the 265/65/17 spare on my NP.

I'm probably going to mount one from the roof rack.
                I'll have a play on da morrow..........
                2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Bisho
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Adelaide Hills

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Looks great, but I can't get an upright behind the 265/65/17 spare on my NP.

I'm probably going to mount one from the roof rack.
                  I'll have a play on da morrow..........
                  I have a friend with an NP Exceed running 265/65/17 who has this set up, it is doable, unless you would simply prefer the light setup on the roof rack.

If you do go ahead with the roof rack set up I am keen to know how you end up running the wires.

Cheers

Peter

Comment

• thomo
                    • Oct 2007
                    • perth

Bisho,

What did you do with the bottom bolt on the spare wheel carrier? Did you drill it out? Mine has a welded flat bolt with a nut inside the door?

Cheers
                    2004 NP Pajero, 3.2 diesel, manual, over 260k on the clock, arb bullbar, long range tank.

Comment

• Bisho
                      • Jan 2012
                      • Adelaide Hills

Originally posted by thomo View Post
                      Bisho,

What did you do with the bottom bolt on the spare wheel carrier? Did you drill it out? Mine has a welded flat bolt with a nut inside the door?

Cheers
                      Yeah Thomo, just drilled it out.

Comment

• big mik
                        • Feb 2012
                        • Adelaide

Check for Voltage drop on the switch.
                        I bought some missile launch type switches off ebay, admittedly they have an led, but I found they robbed over 2.4V. meaning no lights at all.

Worth a try.
                        1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

• TurboChook4x4
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Rocky Cape Tas

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                          Thanks Cam. I was wondering what you were talking about with the 'Ford' sticker! Its funny what you get used to seeing and therefore NOT seeing, now it has my attention and I need to remove it.

Hi Luke. Yeah they are in parallel, the wire you see is twin core so I have basically connected both lights together on there '+' and the '-'.

Regards

Peter
                          Hi Bisho.
                          Good job mate, looks really neat.
                          Having read the above comments, and correct me if I'm wrong, I've gathered that you are running an earth return through the body, having grounded the lights at their mounting point. If this is the case you may not be getting an ample connection through the paint in the telescopic mechanism, hence the dull lights
                          Family car 2008 NS VRX Pajero, Metallic blue, Redarc dual battery, Redarc trailer brakes, ARB led spotlights, mounted on a budgie bar(hopefully upgrade to a color coded bullbar soon), not much else but got plans!
                          2007 Nissan D40 Navara, tray back toolboxes, undertray toolboxes, crane, fire extinguisher, all the tools to fix just about anything in the field, not enough room to list all it's mods.

Comment

• Bisho
                            • Jan 2012
                            • Adelaide Hills

Thanks Turbochook. When I saw I had the dull light I tried several different earthing spots none of which had a better affect. I ran multiple cables through at the one time...just in case I wanted other accessories back there, I have used another cable and all works well however still yet to wire it up with the secondary switch.

Comment

• Bisho
                              • Jan 2012
                              • Adelaide Hills

Well I have finished it. Here are some pics of the external switch. It is out of the way and not easily bumped.

Comment

• Stirlo-J
                                • Feb 2013
                                • Yarra Valley, Victoria

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                                Well I have finished it. Here are some pics of the external switch. It is out of the way and not easily bumped.

Do you or do you know anyone who sell the poles & mounts set like this I'm very interested in buying one but I am hopeless with a welder lol so am wanting to buy one pre made

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X