• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • To-tacos
    • Feb 2020
    • Newcastle

Nm trans issue

Hey all, chasing a no drive problem with my automatic 3.5.
    The car has had ongoing transfer issues but i drove the car home last week and noticed it wouldnt go into high gear (5th?) But spent the weeking working on the transfer (swapping solenoids and free wheeling actuator) to no luck.
    Started the car monday and it had no drive or reverse what so ever and when selecting "park" it would grind like the wheels are still spinning.
    Scan tool shows car is selecting all options (p,r,n,d manual up and down) and will drop rpm when selecting drive gears.
    Not alot of experience with autos so diagnostics are fairly basic. Would it be as simple as torque converter or is it most likely rebuilt time?

Thanks
    Ben
  • Terryo
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

I hope for the sake of your bank balance I'm wrong but things like that happen when the gear set falls to pieces.
    The more you try and drive it the more damage you will do.
    Mine did similar at 375K and was a complete rebuild. Not much change out of $8000 by the time it was removed, rebuilt and refitted.
    When the pan was removed bits fell out so that was a good indication a rebuild was necessary.

Terry
    2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
    NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
    NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X