• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper361
    • Sep 2010
    • Eatons Hill

New Patrol

Hi Guys,
    Well after 10 years in Pajero's NT and NX it was time to move on, needless to say it was a very sad day as in that time I only ever had a small EGR issue in the NT and an airbag recall in the NX, my big issue was space and needed to get something a little lager internally.
    My first thought was the 200 series VX cruiser which is obviously a very capable and proven vehicle but then started researching the Patrols and eventually test drove one, from that point I was sold. I ended up with a Ti model which is a very well equipped vehicle with power to burn the 5.6l petrol V8 matched to the 7 speed auto is a pleasure to drive, I know most would be concerned with fuel consumption from this beast and it's never going to match the turbo diesels but I've been getting around 11.5L/100km highway and around 14-15L/100km city but it will definitely punish you if you try to drive it like a super car!

Overall quality of the car is great and at around $30k cheaper than the VX it was a no brainer for my requirements, overall size is slightly larger than the cruiser and is a pain to park in standard shopping spots but I guess that's the trade off for comfort. Next test will be off road once the new car feeling has worn off.
    I will continue to check in from time to time as this forum is 100% on anything else out there!

Cheers,
    Scott
    Last edited by jasper361; 11-06-19, 01:23 PM.
    2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
    MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
    Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

$30,000 buys a lot of fuel.

Comment

• jasper361
      • Sep 2010
      • Eatons Hill

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
      $30,000 buys a lot of fuel.
      And a lot of mods
      2019 Y62 Ti Patrol

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Good choice. I,d take the patrol over the 200 series any day. Still a tank to drive in built up areas. Good luck.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

Nice car, the only issue I see off road is the ramp over angle with such a long wheel base.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• 2bad4u
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Perth, Western Australia

Nice choice. I gave very serious consideration to one last year and am still considering one for my next car.
            Warren
            2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
            2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• jasper361
              • Sep 2010
              • Eatons Hill

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
              Nice choice. I gave very serious consideration to one last year and am still considering one for my next car.
              I wasn't overly sold on the looks but it has since grown on me but the test drive was the deal clincher..
              2019 Y62 Ti Patrol

Comment

• Paj11
                • Jun 2017
                • Sydney

But for a V8 there isn’t a lot of torque and won’t pull compared to a twin turbo 200 or 3.2L Ranger, if only if it came out in a decent sized turbo diesel the Patrol would compete more with the Ranger and 200 series.
                2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• 2bad4u
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
                  But for a V8 there isn’t a lot of torque and won’t pull compared to a twin turbo 200 or 3.2L Ranger, if only if it came out in a decent sized turbo diesel the Patrol would compete more with the Ranger and 200 series.
                  The Ranger is a completely different class of vehicle so I don't see them competing. If you look what's happening around the world, diesels are on the way out it's just Australia is behind the times. Not everyone buys the Patrol to tow heavy loads (even though it is more than capable).

I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee last year and honestly believe it will be the last diesel I buy. Next car will be another Jeep or Patrol both with V8 petrol, because I love fuel bowsers
                  Warren
                  2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
                  2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• womble
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Adelaide

My next car will definitely be a Patrol. Drove one and was sold. Series 5 apparently will have car play etc
                    2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2017
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by womble View Post
                      My next car will definitely be a Patrol. Drove one and was sold. Series 5 apparently will have car play etc
                      Couldn’t go back to a car without CarPlay now, it’s just so convenient. But then again I am a tech head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• jasper361
                        • Sep 2010
                        • Eatons Hill

Originally posted by Paj11 View Post
                        560nm is fairly decent and will definitely tow equally as a 200 or Ranger if not better.
                        2019 Y62 Ti Patrol

Comment

• jasper361
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Eatons Hill

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                          The Ranger is a completely different class of vehicle so I don't see them competing. If you look what's happening around the world, diesels are on the way out it's just Australia is behind the times. Not everyone buys the Patrol to tow heavy loads (even though it is more than capable).

I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee last year and honestly believe it will be the last diesel I buy. Next car will be another Jeep or Patrol both with V8 petrol, because I love fuel bowsers
                          Agreed, Diesels will be forced out of the market in the next 5-10 years, as much as I love them.
                          2019 Y62 Ti Patrol

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by jasper361 View Post
                            Agreed, Diesels will be forced out of the market in the next 5-10 years, as much as I love them.

Probably earlier than 10 years. Doubt if after 5 years you will get a diesel..
                            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2017
                              • Sydney

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                              Probably earlier than 10 years. Doubt if after 5 years you will get a diesel..
                              Means we might all be keeping our Pajeros til they die since it may be hard selling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X