• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Wazza999 View Post
    Another vote for the Digoptions Masten tpms, $289 for 6 external incl booster. Have worked flawlessly on our current trip on the Oodnadatta Track, Lake Eyre PARs and the Centre. I have read they are the same as the Safety Dave system. Internal version is also available. LH rear sensor has been battered by rocks but is still working fine. Pressures match +/- 1 or 2 psi to tyre gauge values.

I,ve got the same and it has been up the Cape. Done heaps of off road on tablelands and many thousands of bitumen. Great unit and very accurate as I often check tyre pressures to what the tpms is displaying Virtually identical readings every time +/_ 1 psi..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Wazza999
      • Jun 2018
      • Canberra

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
      So everybody seems happy with the Digi option? Interesting most ppl go for the external. If I need to get a full set of new tyres anyway, is there any reason why I shouldn’t get the internal ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I reckon the internal would definitely be the way to go in that case: 1) no need to take them off when airing up/down, although the locking nut is much less of a hassle than I expected, however you do need to make sure that you have a good seal and that you tighten them up quickly to prevent the loss of air; and 2) I think the temperature reading would be a good warning in the event of impending bearing failure. With the external you see different temperatures side to side with sun exposure and you pretty much see ambient otherwise.
      Cheers Warren

Comment

• Wazza999
        • Jun 2018
        • Canberra

Just got an email from Digioptions offering 10% off until July 5. Code TENOFF.

Comment

• Widgeeman
          • Jul 2012
          • Widgee Qld

"I think the problem was unreliable sensors"

I didn't have any problem with the reliability - I think my sensors lasted about 5-6 years. I believe the issue was that that the Chinese supplier wasn't prepared to supply the small quantity that Inawise needed, so just dropped them.
          I believe people tried to contact the Chinese suppliers direct but had no luck, as njswb stated.
          I am looking at the Masten 4 sensor TP16 kit for $166, which seems pretty attractive.
          Regards
          Graham
          - - - - - -
          2010 NT GL Auto DiD- OL Bull Bar, Avenger (Kingone) 9500lb winch, Tow Bar, Rhino rack bars with old rack on top when needed. GME UHF radio, Dual battery system (home made tray, Enerdrive isolator, dual voltmeter), s/steel water tank in 3rd seat storage area, rear storage (home made), Narva lights, 50mm suspension lift (Kings springs, OzTec shocks), Masten TPMS, Bushskinz underbody protection and sliders, 3" exhaust, EGR block, Scangauge, Toyo A/T II tyres, Airtec snorkel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X