• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

The next’ ‘COVID-19 boredom’ project was painting the sidesteps satin black.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

Suspension maintenance/overhaul is now complete....

Rear - new springs (as mentioned before), new shocks, with the existing airbags

Front - new struts, strut tops, spring insulators and upper ball joints with the existing springs
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

After the new rear springs, I was interested to measure the total carpark clearance height. I’ve always aimed to keep it low enough to be able to use multi-storey carparks and specifically designed the roof rack mount to be as low as possible.

I was extremely happy that the total clearance height (with roof rack & lifted suspension) is 1995mm. That means that I can use pretty much every multi-storey carpark in Adelaide

I also installed Stedi LED replacement globes for the low beam.
        Left is an incandescent globe, right is Stedi LED replacement globe.

Last edited by geopaj; 30-12-20, 07:43 PM.
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• fire88
          • Nov 2013
          • melbourne

YOu are legend mate

Comment

• m_and_m
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2010
            • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I like how the LED has the same cutoff as the halogen. Looks really good. I hate ppl who put LEDs in older cars that then dazzle us.
            2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
            2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
            Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• geopaj
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Adelaide

Wow, over a year has gone by! The NT has been getting plenty of use but, except for the rear door storage pocket, hasn’t required any changes or mods for some time.

The tabs rear door storage pocket cover were starting to break and I was getting sick of the cover falling off when I opened it so decided to modify it this weekend. Obviously it’s not a load bearing table but hopefully will still be a handy spot for light stuff… most importantly, it still looks fairly OEM and un-butchered.

http://

http://
              Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Nice! ​​​​​​

Great minds think alike - I've been working on something similar. 🙂 Hopefully I'll have some pics up today of something you might like to add.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Turorit
                  • Oct 2016
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                  DIY Rear drawers - completed

Pull out work table with fridge slide extended

:
                  G'Day geopaj
                  How does the sliding mechanism work on the formply, I can't see a second set of drawer runners etc?
                  I was hoping to retrofit my fridge slide with a table but I think I'll be starting from scratch! I have a pullout table above my fridge but its now useless since I upgraded my fridge & the lid opens differently to the old one.
                  20220719_1720332.jpg
                  My slide
                  4wd Fridge Slide suit Waeco Evacool ARB Engel. 120KG RATED PER PAIR SLIDES. FRIDGE SLIDES. MADE FROM 3MM ANODISED ALUMINUM. CARAVAN & CAMPER PARTS. DRAWER SLIDES. CARAVAN DOORS. CARAVAN WINDOWS.

frslide.jpg
                  2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                  --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• geopaj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Turorit View Post

G'Day geopaj
                    How does the sliding mechanism work on the formply, I can't see a second set of drawer runners etc?
                    I was hoping to retrofit my fridge slide with a table but I think I'll be starting from scratch! I have a pullout table above my fridge but its now useless since I upgraded my fridge & the lid opens differently to the old one.
                    20220719_1720332.jpg
                    My slide
                    4wd Fridge Slide suit Waeco Evacool ARB Engel. 120KG RATED PER PAIR SLIDES. FRIDGE SLIDES. MADE FROM 3MM ANODISED ALUMINUM. CARAVAN & CAMPER PARTS. DRAWER SLIDES. CARAVAN DOORS. CARAVAN WINDOWS.

frslide.jpg
                    Hi Turorit,
                    Sorry for the delay.
                    I wanted a ‘slide’ that was light weight, low profile (it only adds 20mm to the height of the fridge slide), simple, and wouldn’t be contaminated by food crumbs/etc.
                    I just used 1.6mm 20x20mm RHS with one side cut off to make a ‘C’ profile. I then slightly flared the ‘mouth’ (so the formply didn’t catch) and tacked it onto the underside of the fridge slide.
                    Formply is 19mm wide but the inside dimension of 20x20RHS is roughly 17mm so I used a router to take a couple of millimetres off the formply. While I had the router out, I also added a rebate on the front as a handle.
                    An unplanned advantage to this design is that the table can be removed for easy cleaning and can be used for other purposes (like as a camp coffee table if placed on a spare chair, and when it becomes too damaged from being used to cut on without a chopping board, it is easy replaceable.
                    I hope the photos help.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Adelaide

The old girl is still going strong - nearly another year has gone by with no upgrades or work other than routine maintenance.

This weekend, however I updated the dual battery management system from a simple Redarc voltage sensing relay to a Redarc DCDC charger. While not cheap, I have to say I like the quality and reliability of Redarc gear.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X