• Show
Clear All
  • 2freeq
    • Apr 2011
    • Wollongong

Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
    Thanks, Ill pull it off tomorrow.
    Currently Own
    - 2008 NS 3.2L TD - Smart Bar, Warn winch, Kings spot lights, Dual batteries, UHF, Roof basket, Kings Awning, AT tyres + more to come!
    - 2006 NP 3.8L - Alloy bullbar, Spotlights, Ironman 2" lift, UHF, AT tyres

Previously Owned
    - 1992 NH 2.5L TD - Bullbar, Winch, Roof basket, UHF, AT tyres

Comment

• martnH
      • Nov 2017
      • AU

You will have to do s fuel pp relearn after changing the suctiom control valve
      Otherwise the car will be gutless

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 2freeq
        • Apr 2011
        • Wollongong

Originally posted by martnH View Post
        You will have to do s fuel pp relearn after changing the suctiom control valve
        Otherwise the car will be gutless

I personally don't believe this to be true 100% of the time. Spoke to many people who didn't do the relearn after changing the SCV and their cars run fine. When i brought this car in January the SCV needed replacing, After changing it I didn't get the relearn done as i was told the car constantly learns driving patterns etc. The car run great and fuel consumption went from 12l/100km to 9.5L/100km. I was happy with the results so i never bothered.
        Currently Own
        - 2008 NS 3.2L TD - Smart Bar, Warn winch, Kings spot lights, Dual batteries, UHF, Roof basket, Kings Awning, AT tyres + more to come!

Previously Owned

Comment

• Scooby
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2011
          • Ipswich, Qld.

I remember someone asking where the different banjo bolts went on the fuel injection system.
          One only has a small hole in it the other is non restrictive.
          Not sure if they are swapped what problems it causes if any.
          Was possibly on a NW .
          Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• Scooby
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2011
            • Ipswich, Qld.

I just searched “banjo” and found the post headed.
            “Banjo bolts on common rail injection”
            Has the info in it.
            Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• 2freeq
              • Apr 2011
              • Wollongong

Originally posted by Scooby View Post
              I just searched “banjo” and found the post headed.
              “Banjo bolts on common rail injection”
              Has the info in it.
              I just had a read and the last comment says they cant be mixed up, They have different threads. Npt sure of this is true or not though and come to think of it, i removed that back banjo bolt the first time i pulled the intake manifold off but didnt touch it when i dismantled searching for my problem. Might be worth unscrewing it and checking it is correct....
              Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• 2freeq
                • Apr 2011
                • Wollongong

Originally posted by Scooby View Post
                I remember someone asking where the different banjo bolts went on the fuel injection system.
                One only has a small hole in it the other is non restrictive.
                Not sure if they are swapped what problems it causes if any.
                Was possibly on a NW .
                I did some research and asked a few questions and it turns out the 2 banjo bolts have different size heads. Fuel rail one is a 14mm and back of engine one is a 17mm. I do have them the correct way around.

I am stumped as to why this car has no power. The check engine light indicated DPF, I removed the DPF today and it doesn't look too bad. I started making a DPF delete pipe for it but have put that on the back burner and am going to reinstall the DPF and buy a half decent scan tool which might reset to the check engine light or shed some more info on the cause. I'll get a scan tool that does DPF forced burns and try to fix the DPF that way. If all else fails i'll make the delete pipe.

I'm not convinced the DPF has anything to do with the low power. When i first put the car back together after manifold clean the car started and first test drive there was no power, no boost. No check engine light and faults stored. Engine light didn't appear until later when i did a longer drive.

I have no idea what i've done wrong but i'll work it out hopefully.
                Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• 2freeq
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Wollongong

Does anyone know where i can find a list of min and max parameters for the fuel pressure, map and maf sensor reading are suppose to be?

Like i can see im getting X amount of intake manifold pressure or Fuel rail pressure but how much am i suppose to have?

That make sense?
                  Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Here's link to online tech manual found on this forum and discussed numerous times. It should help.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• 2freeq
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Wollongong

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                      Here's link to online tech manual found on this forum and discussed numerous times. It should help.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm
                      Thanks mate. That is handy to see where certain things are but doesn't show the fuel pressure or map sensor specs i'm chasing. Cheers.
                      Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• martnH
                        • Nov 2017
                        • AU

Originally posted by 2freeq View Post
                        I personally don't believe this to be true 100% of the time. Spoke to many people who didn't do the relearn after changing the SCV and their cars run fine. When i brought this car in January the SCV needed replacing, After changing it I didn't get the relearn done as i was told the car constantly learns driving patterns etc. The car run great and fuel consumption went from 12l/100km to 9.5L/100km. I was happy with the results so i never bothered.
                        After I changed the scv, I had to do a relearn....
                        The ecu is throwing PDF fault code I guess something is restrictive

Comment

• 2freeq
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Wollongong

Did you figure out if your DPF temp is reading correctly?
                          Perhaps you are in limp mode due to that DPF sensor issue?
                          No idea. My scan tool app doesnt show DPF readings. Only Cat readings and they were within the temp range i found they were suppose to be. Im not sure how to test the temp sensor properly but id love to find out. Just replacing parts to find out if thats the problem gets expensive fast.
                          Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• 2freeq
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Wollongong

Perhaps you are in limp mode due to that DPF sensor issue?
                            Im not even sure if im in limp mode or something else is wrong. I thought limp mode restricted the rpm and speed. I can rev out to red line just slowly. I can drive at 100kph but only on flat or downhill, just takes a long time to get up to speed. If there is any sort of uphill my speed drops to 30kph. I'm only getting 2psi boost above atmospheric pressure and i noticed yesterday my EGR is reading zero. I'm only getting a P1499 code and if i try to clear that code the engine light flicks off the straight back on again in a split second.
                            Currently Own

Previously Owned

Comment

• rgrubby
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2018
                              • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by 2freeq View Post
                              No idea. My scan tool app doesnt show DPF readings. Only Cat readings and they were within the temp range i found they were suppose to be. Im not sure how to test the temp sensor properly but id love to find out. Just replacing parts to find out if thats the problem gets expensive fast.
                              The Cat sensor is the one I mean. Just wondering if it was reading expected values as that error code points to an issue with it. You said you were getting 500deg readings, that sounded a bit high. What does it read when the exhaust is cold?
                              2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X