• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
    Hi Marshall. If I want to discount Auto Mate as being the problem (and I don't think it is) can i just take out the plug from the OBDII socket or should i disconnect it and insert those by-pass plugs ?

I'd also take out the Ultra Gauge at the same time.
    Yes. All power is provided via the OBD2 plug. Also, with no power, the auto-mate relays revert the wiring to standard factory setup so you can drive the car like normal.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Thanks Marshall. I'm going away until mid week so I'll do some testing and report back when I get home.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• tuncksb
        • Jun 2021
        • Ballarat

It appears I have finally found my problem. Thankyou so much to the thread posters. I managed to to limit the problem to the amp not turning off, but didn't really have an idea of where to go.
        For reference I recently installed a kenwood head unit with aeropro wiring adapters/harness . product codes as follows.
        Kenwood DDX9020DABS
        Aerpro APP9KE7
        Aerpro APP0113
        Aerpro APVMT03

I knew it must have been something to do with the head unit. I could see that the head unit turned off with ignition as it should have. Also I have installed another kenwood unit and aero pro adapter in my other Subaru without issues. After having to jump my Pajero twice and replacing the battery I knew something was wrong.

My testing followed the rest of the thread with disconnecting the negative and finding very little current (less than 0.05A). However after reading and testing by quickly disconnecting the negative terminal and connecting a multimeter inline I found 0.9-1.1A. Removing the 20A fuse in this configurations would drop the current to less than 0.05A. I guess this meant the amp turned off?.
        Also lifting the yellow fuse holder for fuse 17(head unit) also dropped to less than 0.05A. My conclusion from this was similar to the thread that if I could power down the head unit correctly then the amp might also power down.

I have ordered some generic 40A auto motive relays that I plan on wiring into the 20A amp fuse with the ACC signal to solve my issue.
        Any easier solutions?
        Thanks again!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X