• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasarangie
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2010
    • Ocean Grove

Time to replace the brake pads/disks.

It's time to replace the brake pads and machine/replace the disks. They are original factory items and have traveled 135,500 klm.

Questions are:

Who has replaced their brakes and what with?

Those have used after market items what are your thoughts on them compared to the factory option?

The easy way is to replace with factory items at service. They should last till the vehicle is sold then.
    SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
  • PBding
    • May 2010
    • Canberra

I replaced my front ones with a skim at about 90k with bendix 4wd pads in an attempt to improve the braking on the PB. A bit later I had the back ones done as well and had the caliper function checked as well. The original pads were still less than half worn despite a lot of towing k's. I was never overly impressed with the braking performance and had them checked a few times at service. I'm reasonably sure that had I been in my current steed I would not have sent two roos and an emu to better pastures. The PB is the only vehicle I've owned in recent times that suffered animal strikes having managed to avoid a fair few others with different vehicles. Although I did hit a black cow one dark night near Narellan in 1965. VW beetles were not magnificent stoppers either.
    NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• aldoo
      • Jul 2010
      • Central Coast NSW

You done good at 135k. my rears lasted 75k and fronts 90k but I do tow a caravan about sometimes. The dealer quoted around $500 to replace both sets of pads, bit up there, did it myself fairly easy for way less then half that with bendix 4x4, all good.
      PB MY10, auto, terra rosa, alloy nudge bar, tow pack, CB GME TX3440, aerial AE4705

Comment

• wasarangie
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2010
        • Ocean Grove

Yeah they lasted OK. Even wear front to back. Tow the camper around a fair bit, 1500kg. I get a discount on dealer service around 40%, just looking now to make it last before the 200 series LC and new van are bought.
        SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• 02-SR5
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2010
          • Toowoomba

My 45,000km service cost me $600 for F/R pads and disk machine.

DBA do a slotted for the front. I am going down this path next time.
          MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
            • Feb 2014
            • Adelaide

Well everyone did better than me.
            I had to have the disks machined at 22K due to very bad vibrations & then brake pads changed at 50K & machined again.
            I live in the hills and the weight of the challenger must have taken its toll!
            Not impressed for what is sold as a 4x4 vehicle.

Comment

• BMN
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2010
              • Perth WA

Had a wheel wobble/shudder on big descents, which quickly cleared on cooling. put it down to pads and changed to bendix 4wd pads at around 50k same old discs (gave them sand to clear glazing) no more wobble/shudder and all good at 91k. Make sure you bed new pads in by slowly increasing brake force over a few applications. Poorly bedded in pads (even really expensive ones) will feel like crap. Pad quality on passenger car tends to be overlooked but going from $50-$70 pads to $300 pads on my race car was amazing and really drove home how more important pads are over discs
              2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• j3st3r
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2011
                • Mildura

I'm starting to get pulsing through the brake pedal so Im starting to look around at some different braking options.

I found these to rotor options on eBay one RDA and the other ADB, what have others used and would these be better than OEM MM rotors

PB MY12 LS Challenger, Auto, White.
                Window Tint, Hayman Reese Towpack, NudgeBar, BushSkinz Bash Plates, HID High Beam Kit, 28" LED Light Bar, Oricom UHF280, Maxxis 980 A/T, Lovells CRR-69 Springs, SPV EGR Mk3.1

Comment

• Giddyup
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by j3st3r View Post
                  I'm starting to get pulsing through the brake pedal so Im starting to look around at some different braking options.

I found these to rotor options on eBay one RDA and the other ADB, what have others used and would these be better than OEM MM rotors

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISH...item3a94f0c2de
                  This is worth reading before you think your rotors are warped.

Centric Parts Big Brake Kits are the Ultimate High Performance Brake Upgrades, giving Vehicles that supercar performance, look and feel. Learn more.
                  MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• Toddyh
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Lalor Park, NSW

I've got DBA T2 slotted rotors on the front, stock rotors on the rear,with Bendix 4WD pads all round. Pretty happy with the combo.
                    2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• womble
                      • Apr 2012
                      • Adelaide

I too suffered from excessive shuddering from braking while going down hill. Mitsubishi always said that everything was within tolerances and that they couldn't get up to 80 to test it. I replace pads with Bendix 4x4 and the disks with the RDA drilled and slotted. Did it myself with around 45 minutes per side not rushing.
                      Results are awesome no more shuddering and great braking. Highly recommend both
                      2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

• Aquagen
                        • Apr 2015
                        • Perth

Don't suppose you remember the part numbers and price for the disks?

Comment

• Toddyh
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by Aquagen View Post
                          Don't suppose you remember the part numbers and price for the disks?
                          Mine were DBA 2208S - T2 slotted rotors $123.20 each from GSL rally sport.
                          2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• womble
                            • Apr 2012
                            • Adelaide

These are the ones I got

Very happy with them
                            2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X