• Show
Clear All
  • Pearcie
    BushSkinz 4x4
    • Nov 2007
    • Wattagans

Challenger Trans/Transfer case guard

Hi Guys,
    Well there has been a little bit of interest in further protection for underneath of the Challenger. Anyway I just wanted to see who would be interested in a guard to protect this area. After talking with one of our customers the other day we feel that the area between the 2 middle cross members is in need of some protection as it is the area that is most vulnerable especially as it is the the ramp over point.

Anyway if your interested in protection for this area, just post up and if we can get a few people 100% keen I will start getting things designed up.

Cheers,
    Kieron
    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]
  • brees5
    • Dec 2010
    • Redland Bay, QLD

May be interested in more underbody to go with the other gear of yours!

Comment

• Pearcie
      BushSkinz 4x4
      • Nov 2007
      • Wattagans

Good to hear mate I should add that it will be a 4mm thick guard to match the others we do for the Challenger. Not sure what the cost will be yet but will definitely be a little cheaper for the initial start off. I would say around $220 plus delivery for the initial buy. It will be a rather large guard so I know the steel itself won't be cheap.

I know steel pipe seems to have gone up 20-25% in the last few months

Cheers,
      Kieron
      Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• wasarangie
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2010
        • Ocean Grove

I am in. Very happy with the guards I have.

Steel went up a large amount across the board, but if the recent talk is anything to go buy retail will see a fall very soon. Mills were idle for 2 weeks last month and again production will be idle for 2 weeks from next week also.
        SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• Pearcie
          BushSkinz 4x4
          • Nov 2007
          • Wattagans

Good to hear mate, also good to hear about potentially a drop in steel prices It is painful at the moment as I do like to be able to give people a bit of a discount when they buy a whole package of gear but the cost of materials is making it very hard to do that at the moment.

Some places are charging upwards of $1200 delivered for rock sliders. But personally I wouldn't want to pay that much myself, which is why I charge under $1000 unless the package is going to an obscure place. $1000 seems like a lot of money but once all the costs are involved like freight, welding wire, gas, electricity, grinding discs and all the components. You really don't have much left over for labour especially given the hours involved.

Anyway time to get back out to the workshop.

Cheers,
          Kieron

Comment

• LukeS
            • Mar 2010
            • Brisbane

Agree this area could do with some more protection so I am interested in this. Would like to see it before I commit though. Would it be universal fitting for the auto and manuals?
            Mitsubishi PB Challenger:- Charcoal, 5sp auto, Factory bluetooth, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265 70/17, Old Man Emu suspension, Hayman Reece towbar, Custom nudge bar w/lightforce spotties, Custom bash plates, Extended diff breathers, GME TX3100 UHF, ABR Dual battery system, Prodigy P3 brake controller, APT fabrication sliders/steps. Towing: Jayco Hawk Outback

To do: Airtec snorkel, maybe ARB bar...

Comment

• tpnkt
              • Feb 2011
              • Brisbane

Is there any news on the development of this guard?

Comment

• Pearcie
                BushSkinz 4x4
                • Nov 2007
                • Wattagans

Just gotta free up some cash to finish up the design and get some made. I had to put it off a little as changing vehicle's after flooding the shorty up in cape york kind of dried up the available funds.

Hopefully this group buy will allow me to finish up the design and get a few in stock.

Cheers,
                Kieron

Comment

• Pearcie
                  BushSkinz 4x4
                  • Nov 2007
                  • Wattagans

Initial design work is done!!! Finally got a chance to get under our mates challenger and get it finalised. Just gonna put the first one through fabrication and make sure everything is spot on and then they will be ready to go. Was designed up on a Manual but there shouldn't be any difference between auto and Manual as the cross members are in the same position if my memory serves me correctly but will double check as it has been a while since I was under an auto. Either way it won't be a drama now it has all been worked out.

Price wise looks like I should be able to offer it to you guys for $250 delivered. unless the freight is really expensive to where you are because it is just over 1m long.

Anyway let me know who is interested.

Cheers,
                  Kieron

Comment

• AndrewF
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Burwood East

I'd be keen as! Got the Intercooler and sump guard and they've already paid for themselves in protection...

FYI: When I did my basic training, one of the other guys in a challenger, his factory "protection" was nicely crumpled and shaped around all the bits underneath, lol... Your protection plates make the factory stuff look and feel like tin-foil...
                    2011 PB manual Challenger, Bushskinz, Dual batteries, 2" Ultimate lift, snorkel, ARB steel Bullbar, BFG 265/75/16 AT's, other bits n bobs.

Comment

• Pearcie
                      BushSkinz 4x4
                      • Nov 2007
                      • Wattagans

No worries mate, will post up as soon as I get the first batch completed. Managed to get under a Triton as well last week and looks like they are the same

Cheers,
                      Kieron

Comment

• Pearcie
                        BushSkinz 4x4
                        • Nov 2007
                        • Wattagans

Completed yay!!!

Hi Guys,
                        The Transmission/transfer case guard is officially completed, the first batch will commence fabrication tomorrow so mid next week they should be at electroplating.

Thought I would through up a couple of pics obviously these are bare metal at the moment as it was a test fit.

So will start organising invoice etc. tonight so we can get them dispatched in time for Christmas.

Cheers,
                        Kieron
                        Attached Files

Comment

• AndrewF
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Burwood East

Hi mate,

Couple of dumb questions

- Would they marry-up or join to the rear-end of the existing sump guard? Or would there be a space or gap between them?
                          - will there be any "holes" or "slots" in the production ones? If not, could mud and sh*t build up between them and the chassis etc?
                          - Would they also cover the fuel tank?
                          - And do they bolt into existing bolt holes or need holes drilled anywhere?

Keen as though...
                          2011 PB manual Challenger, Bushskinz, Dual batteries, 2" Ultimate lift, snorkel, ARB steel Bullbar, BFG 265/75/16 AT's, other bits n bobs.

Comment

• Pearcie
                            BushSkinz 4x4
                            • Nov 2007
                            • Wattagans

No worries mate, no such thing as a dump question, only the feeling of being dumb if you wish you had of asked later

Yep it meets up with either the factory sump guard or our sump guard. There wouldn't be any gap between our sump guard but the factory sump guard is a retarded shape so there would be a bit of a gap in places.

We find that mud and crap builds up on top of the guards no matter what so there won't be any slots in them. We only use drainage holes if there is a sealed corner which wouldn't allow run off. With this guard muddy water would be able to drain off at each corner, so drainage holes weren't needed.

Nup the fuel tank is a separate entity.

Yes straight forward bolt up installation no drilling involved, it pics up a couple of unused 10mm fine thead bolt holes. (Bolts are included)

Cheers,
                            Kieron

Comment

• AndrewF
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Burwood East

Cool! Thanks mate... I'm in... That'll mean I'll have pieces of Kieron from my front-end to my read-end...

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X