• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by dean View Post
    I'm not sure about his quote that the show is Australia's most watched TV show but good luck to him and I'd happily to his job.
    Dean
    x2 on that
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• dhula
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • South of Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      Malcolm Douglas makes this bloke look like a pimply faced schoolboy. If you both men out in the bush for a week I reckon Malcolm would have survived and done well. Mr.wanky 4x4 wouldn,t last a day without an advertisers product. What an embarrassing title..Mr.4x4...says a lot about a bloke..
      Bit harsh init.......

Everyone's skills, knowledge, experience, etc is different. These two blokes played to thiers and made/make a few bob out of something they obviously enjoy/ed doing, wish I could do the same some days.

I say good on him for doing what he is doing whether everyone likes it or not........
      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• fazza513
        • Oct 2014
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by dhula View Post
        I say good on him for doing what he is doing whether everyone likes it or not........
        +1 on that. It is easy to lob grenades from the sidelines...
        MY14 NW GLXR: Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697s; Bushskinz IC & sump bash plates; Oricom UHF285 CB; Old Man Emu suspension (EK3408B1 kit); Boo's rear bumper bash plate; tow & enjoy a 2016 Cub Brumby.

Comment

• MTN-KAT
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
          Well thats pretty useless then!
          Not just sharpe by name, eh?
          No auto! That's useless. No longer Mr4x4 but Mr(manual)4x4. Or is Pat going to use the constant AWD VW pretend 4x4? Maybe with Nissan pulling out then Pat was forced to take anyone and that happened to be Amarookie. A 2 litre diesel coupled to an automatic tranny in a 2+tonne vehicle fully loaded and towing a 3000kg? van, may not cut the mustard. So VW had to offer manual only with low range. I can't imagine our Pajero diesel members being content with swapping out the 3.2 Litre for 2 litre to do the same work!!
          Nothing against Pat. He is the best at making ads appear to be show content. I edited a recording of his scenic rim show down from 30 mins to 15 mins and it's an xcellent show, without the ads.
          I will be giving the new show a chance but suspect it won't be the same Amarookie vehicle that begins and ends the show. Might even see a few free soccer balls being given away. Ole, Ole Ole Ole.
          99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• Scouter1
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2013
            • Sydney NSW

I regularly go on 4WD trips with a colleague with a fully kitted Amarok. Admittedly his is a manual, but I have also driven the 8 speed auto which is set up so lowest ratio approximately matches Low 1st on a dual range box. These are very capable off road vehicles http://www.l2sfbc.com/rmp/blog/Amaro...0-offroad-test

Cheers,
            Stephen
            2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• MTN-KAT
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
              I regularly go on 4WD trips with a colleague with a fully kitted Amarok. Admittedly his is a manual, but I have also driven the 8 speed auto which is set up so lowest ratio approximately matches Low 1st on a dual range box. These are very capable off road vehicles http://www.l2sfbc.com/rmp/blog/Amaro...0-offroad-test

Cheers,
              Stephen
              Thnx Stephen for post. Informative article. Writer is honest at end of article by expressing his lament about no low range to complete the automatic package. Most real 4x4's nowadays are auto. It has been very successful since, well, my model for instance. Just not with a 2 litre engine in a 2+tonne vehicle. Wonder how well it goes up steep tracks fully loaded pulling a camper trailer? Lots of thrust to be enjoyed with low range.
              Also, I suspect, just maybe, not all of our female off road accomplices have manual licenses these days. Problematic if male manual driver gets injured far from home.
              99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• Scouter1
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2013
                • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
                Wonder how well it goes up steep tracks fully loaded pulling a camper trailer? Lots of thrust to be enjoyed with low range.
                The VW diesel motor goes pretty well running dual turbos (low & high speed) so develops plenty of power and torque across the rev range - 132kw/400Nm. Interestingly my mate is thinking about adding a chip as he is now towing a big camper and feeling the lack of urge on slow tracks.

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
                Also, I suspect, just maybe, not all of our female off road accomplices have manual licenses these days. Problematic if male manual driver gets injured far from home.
                Agreed - I am currently teaching my daughter to drive, she is definitely learning on both manual & auto.

Cheers,
                Stephen
                2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• jinks_one
                  • Feb 2012
                  • hoppers crossing

Mr 4x4 and the AFL football players has one thing in common

SHOW ME THE MONEY... I cant hear you SHOW ME THE MONEY.....

Comment

• Rovingman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Blue mountains

My uncle had one wouldnt tow his boat up his drive, he was pissed. Like all utes they are not designed to tow loads but to carry them 8 speed auto would be busy towing.
                    Good luck to him he is livin the dream!!!
                    Pajero NT RX 2011
                    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• GHendo
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Northern NSW

I watch most of the 4WD shows I find on TV and I also subscribe to Pat’s Magazine – well, the wife bought me a subscription for my birthday or something. There are things about them all that I like and I dislike. I like Pat because he is more orientated to going where I’d like to go – ie. not busting the arse out of his equipment, however there is something about his TV delivery that is too “nice” or something or maybe a little artificial. I still watch him and I do enjoy reading the magazine.

4WD Action’s videos are ok but have taken a big dive ever since that started selling their own branded gear – I watch the videos but use the fast-forward button a lot. The magazine is not what it used to be either.

I do however like watching the “All 4 Adventure” guys – just something about their presentation that seems pretty natural – except that video clip someone put on here where the bobcat ran into the new Cruiser – just too staged.

Which bring me to Roothy’s new show. I haven’t as yet bought any of his DVDs but have been think of doing so. I have always like Roothy but started to be less of a fan when (again) 4WD Action started selling all their “cheap” gear and he had to keep bringing it into his commentary. I’ve watched a couple of the clips on the web and I notice he says he left 4WD Action when things “started changing.” While I’m not so mad about his companions the DVDs do look interesting but I am however, wondering if the new enterprise is funded by the same powers-that-be that are behind 4WD Action.

Geoff
                      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• littleriver
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Queensland

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
                        The VW diesel motor goes pretty well running dual turbos (low & high speed) so develops plenty of power and torque across the rev range - 132kw/400Nm. Interestingly my mate is thinking about adding a chip as he is now towing a big camper and feeling the lack of urge on slow tracks.

Agreed - I am currently teaching my daughter to drive, she is definitely learning on both manual & auto.

Cheers,
                        Stephen
                        2015 Volkswagen Amarok TDI420 Highline 2H Auto 4MOTION Perm MY15

just copied pasted from car sales

Power Generated engine power measured in kilowatts 132kW @ 4000rpm
                        Torque The 'pulling power' of a vehicle, measured in Newton metres (Nm) 420Nm @ 1750rpm
                        Power to Weight Ratio Engine power divided by vehicle weight 64.7 (W/kg)
                        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Dicko1
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by jinks_one View Post
                          Mr 4x4 and the AFL football players has one thing in common

SHOW ME THE MONEY... I cant hear you SHOW ME THE MONEY.....

Reckon you,ll find the sports stars work a lot bloody harder than mrs 4x4
                          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
                            I watch most of the 4WD shows I find on TV and I also subscribe to Pat’s Magazine – well, the wife bought me a subscription for my birthday or something. There are things about them all that I like and I dislike. I like Pat because he is more orientated to going where I’d like to go – ie. not busting the arse out of his equipment, however there is something about his TV delivery that is too “nice” or something or maybe a little artificial. I still watch him and I do enjoy reading the magazine.

4WD Action’s videos are ok but have taken a big dive ever since that started selling their own branded gear – I watch the videos but use the fast-forward button a lot. The magazine is not what it used to be either.

I do however like watching the “All 4 Adventure” guys – just something about their presentation that seems pretty natural – except that video clip someone put on here where the bobcat ran into the new Cruiser – just too staged.

Which bring me to Roothy’s new show. I haven’t as yet bought any of his DVDs but have been think of doing so. I have always like Roothy but started to be less of a fan when (again) 4WD Action started selling all their “cheap” gear and he had to keep bringing it into his commentary. I’ve watched a couple of the clips on the web and I notice he says he left 4WD Action when things “started changing.” While I’m not so mad about his companions the DVDs do look interesting but I am however, wondering if the new enterprise is funded by the same powers-that-be that are behind 4WD Action.

Geoff

Agree mate. I,ve been to most the places the 4wd adventure boys get to. Although they are well sponsored they don't talk too much crap and even show their defeats. The bobcat issue was dumb...think they even know that!!!(I hope so, anyway). Met Malcolm Douglas on a buff area at Arafura Swamp. Top bloke, didn't tolerate fools and a gentleman. His brother was a very smart solar bloke. Worked on remote Aboriginal outstation power set ups. Pity Malcolm died in such a unnecessary way. I,ve always been a knockabout bloke and relate to the bushie types rather than the city slickers. I liked the Leyland Bros. too. Some little bits of rubbish but they were pioneers and started the ball rolling.

Last edited by Dicko1; 03-06-15, 11:35 AM.
                            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• littleriver
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • Queensland

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                              2015 Volkswagen Amarok TDI420 Highline 2H Auto 4MOTION Perm MY15

just copied pasted from car sales

Power Generated engine power measured in kilowatts 132kW @ 4000rpm
                              Torque The 'pulling power' of a vehicle, measured in Newton metres (Nm) 420Nm @ 1750rpm
                              Power to Weight Ratio Engine power divided by vehicle weight 64.7 (W/kg)
                              Good to know our 2012 manual Challenger after Roosystems ECU remap has more power to weight and equal Nm torque(at the wheels at 1750 RPM)then more torque at 2170rpm then the VW Amarok (take into consideration >20% power train loss)
                              N.B. Mitsubishi's 5 yr warranty compared to a the Amarok's 3 yr ;-) (wonder if Patty boy will keep it after that ;-)

Hope they fixed the injector fuel line problem on his model also although could make interesting TV
                              Sorry, but the page you were looking for cannot be found.

RE: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ght=roosystems

Last edited by littleriver; 03-06-15, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• grhyso
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • Perth

While i can only watch pat every now and then in small spells it'll be nice to see something other than just another landcruiser or patrol doing some trips. People seem to have forgotten that Mr4x4 either started or did a series early on with kia sorrento's and that was interesting, still went everywhere.
                                2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X