• Show
Clear All
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

TCL/Stability control light

G'day guys

2004 DiD 3.2 TD
    I'm trying to figure out the TCL/Stability control light as well as a cruise control problem.

The ABS light doesn't come on.

The TCL/SC will come on regularly every 5-10 minutes but when I push the throttle abruptly (past ~2200rpms) both the TCL/SCL will disappear.

I believe the cruise control function is also related as when I rev it past 2200 and the TCL/Stability control light disappears I can get the cruise control for a few seconds but it then cuts off.

If the TCL/SCL are on, I can't get the cruise control to activate.

I am thinking it is either the MAP or the PCM. Does anyone have any ideas in regards to narrowing it down further?

Does the PCM control the cruise control as well?

I've replaced the hose from the MAP to the manifold and sprayed MAF sensor cleaner into the MAP and the terminals but it hasn't really helped.

I checked the connections to the ABS sensors at each wheel but I can't take the actual sensors off to clean them as they seem to be rusted on.

Thanks
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L
  • secateurs
    • Dec 2015
    • Alice Springs

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
    G'day guys

2004 DiD 3.2 TD
    I'm trying to figure out the TCL/Stability control light as well as a cruise control problem.

The ABS light doesn't come on.

The TCL/SC will come on regularly every 5-10 minutes but when I push the throttle abruptly (past ~2200rpms) both the TCL/SCL will disappear.

I believe the cruise control function is also related as when I rev it past 2200 and the TCL/Stability control light disappears I can get the cruise control for a few seconds but it then cuts off.

If the TCL/SCL are on, I can't get the cruise control to activate.

I am thinking it is either the MAP or the PCM. Does anyone have any ideas in regards to narrowing it down further?

Does the PCM control the cruise control as well?

I've replaced the hose from the MAP to the manifold and sprayed MAF sensor cleaner into the MAP and the terminals but it hasn't really helped.

I checked the connections to the ABS sensors at each wheel but I can't take the actual sensors off to clean them as they seem to be rusted on.

Thanks
    How did you go with this? I cleaned my wheel sensors the other day. They were pretty stuck but lots of inox and slow prying back and forth with a flat screwdriver did the trick. Unfortunately didn't fix my problem though...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    NP Pajero (2003) auto DiD. Not much added yet, but lots of plans! 275/70/R16, ProRack HD 3-bar, Rhino Rack XXL basket, Pelican box, LED park lights and dome lights, STEDI 22" double stack light bar. Wish list: auxiliary battery, 2" lift with Ultimate Suspension, bash plates, etc

Comment

• rykiel575
      • Sep 2017
      • Sydney

Still a work in progress.

Plugged in a MUT which confirmed the wheel sensors were working as well as the vehicle speed sensor, crank angle sensor, both drive dhaft sensors, g and yaw sensors.

When going on a drive and the lights came on when the mut3 was plugged in i noticed the accelerator sensor was at 0v and rpms at 0 so i suspect it is a intermittent faulty accel sensor.

When i rev itpast 2k it works briefly. I tested the accel unit and it works but the voltage change wasnt smooth so ive ordered a chinese sensor online and if it fixes the issue i might get a genuine sensor off amayama whixh is about $200.

Or i might keep the old one in the car and stick with the chinewe part as it works OK but just no cruise control.
      2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X