• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexhaynes
    • May 2015
    • Perth

Pajero FMIC R&D South Australia

Hi,
    I'm trying to get a proper performance front mount kit manufactured by Jonny Tig. He's looking for a NW Pajero owner (with a bullbar and snorkel) who is located in South Australia that wants a top quality front mount intercooler and is willing to allow Jonny to measure and manufacture the kit.
    His gear is top shelf and he used to do the cross country top mounts for the gen 3 Pajeros back in the day before going it alone. Look him up on Facebook if you want to see how impressive his work is.
    Let me know if anyone's keen on being the Guinea pig so I can let him know.
    Cheers,
    Alex.

PS I would do it myself if I wasn't in Perth with a whole in my intercooler.
    Last edited by Alexhaynes; 23-09-16, 10:19 PM.
    11/2013 NW Pajero: OL bull bar, Hella LED fog lights, LED indicator and park lights, HR tow bar, Dobinson coils, TX3500 GME UHF radio, 9500lb ironman winch, Lightforce blitz 240 HID spotlights, Vision X trainspotter 18 LED spotlights, Shuroo, Bridgestone Duller AT LT, MX-Ultragauge, Airtec snorkel, EGR resister mod 3.6k ohm, bushskinz guards, 55watt HID 6000k low beam, double din facia kit, Kenwood DNN9150BT double din stereo, LED interior lighting, 2x blacktip 5 LED reverse lights.
  • twisted32
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Would be keen but dont have the snorkel. Do have OL loop bar and winch and able to leave the vehicle with him.
    MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Alexhaynes
      • May 2015
      • Perth

Sweet, I have sent you a message with his phone number so you can discuss it.
      11/2013 NW Pajero: OL bull bar, Hella LED fog lights, LED indicator and park lights, HR tow bar, Dobinson coils, TX3500 GME UHF radio, 9500lb ironman winch, Lightforce blitz 240 HID spotlights, Vision X trainspotter 18 LED spotlights, Shuroo, Bridgestone Duller AT LT, MX-Ultragauge, Airtec snorkel, EGR resister mod 3.6k ohm, bushskinz guards, 55watt HID 6000k low beam, double din facia kit, Kenwood DNN9150BT double din stereo, LED interior lighting, 2x blacktip 5 LED reverse lights.

Comment

• rotare
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2007

FYI - 'Jonny Tig' is Stigmata that use to frequent this forum
        2013 NW VRX

Comment

• Alexhaynes
          • May 2015
          • Perth

Awesome thank you Rotare, I didn't know he was a member on here.

Comment

• twisted32
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

Spoke to Jonny yesterday and it looks like there will be a path forward, just need to wait a month until he moves workshop, and then we will see how we go....
            MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Alexhaynes
              • May 2015
              • Perth

Sweet, that's great news. Thanks for updating me.
              You know Jon had gotta be doing something right when he needs a bigger workshop to keep up with demand.
              Hope my girl holds out until he gets a cooler sorted out haha.

Comment

• twisted32
                • Jan 2015
                • Adelaide

Ok, finally we have an update.
                Car is now with John (has had some hold ups due to complications moving workshop etc) to design and build the kit, hopefully will see it the end of next week, maybe the week after.
                Now I recently noticed that I have more clearance between the winch and bonnet support strut than those with a TJM or ARB bar (mine is OL). Can anyone with either the ARB or TJM bar take a couple of pics (preferably with the grill off) so I can forward them on to John for reference while designing the kit (hopefully this will mean it will work for everybody).

Comment

• Alexhaynes
                  • May 2015
                  • Perth

Awesome, can't wait to see what he can come up with. The bonus for me is I have the same bull bar as you

Comment

• twisted32
                    • Jan 2015
                    • Adelaide

So a small progress update, looks like it will be tight, but Jon should be able to squeeze a 600mm wide cooler in there.
                    It will mean a modified bonnet latch, new spal A/C fan and trans cooler.
                    With this core in the 2.8L Colorado, they were seeing ambient intake temperatures during back to back dyno runs, so that is very promising.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by twisted32; 16-09-16, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Alexhaynes
                      • May 2015
                      • Perth

Looks massive so I can see why the intake cooling effect was so good. I thought the A/C condenser fan might have been a issue when I was pulling mine apart looking at doing a intercooler myself. Will be interesting to see where he runs the cooler piping because I have a snorkel as well so hopefully it clears all that.
                      I'm getting a little excited now :-D

Comment

• MatthewP
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
                        So a small progress update, looks like it will be tight, but Jon should be able to squeeze a 600mm wide cooler in there.
                        It will mean a modified bonnet latch, new spal A/C fan and trans cooler.
                        With this core in the 2.8L Colorado, they were seeing below ambient intake temperatures during back to back dyno runs, so that is very promising.
                        That looks good.
                        If you are going to the effort of upgrading the intercooler, an extra, or upgraded, trans cooler would probably be a priority also.

If Jon upgrades both at the same time, that's win win, as far as I'm concerned.

Matt
                        05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• spiderpig
                          • Jan 2008

That is a nice size cooler if they can make it fit.

Keep us updated

Comment

• twisted32
                            • Jan 2015
                            • Adelaide

Little update: progress has been slow trying to design end tanks to fit the 600mm core in. Using the 600mm core will not block airflow to the radiator like the 500mm core, and is slighlty more efficient, so win win.
                            Now that the tank design is done, hopefully will be finished early next week.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• rotare
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2007

With this core in the 2.8L Colorado, they were seeing below ambient intake temperatures during back to back dyno runs, so that is very promising.
                              Probably a typo, but it's not possible with an air to air intercooler to achieve lower intake temps after the intercooler, than the ambient air that's cooling it.
                              2013 NW VRX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X