• Show
Clear All
  • Iron Bark Hak
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Camden NSW

Tyre carrier concerted to Jerry can holders

Holds two Jerry Cans
    Next on the Shopping List, well I'm pretty well set up but possibly Harrop front diff lock

So Far Black Widow Draws, Millford Cargo Barrier, Thule Luggage Carrier, Tow kit, Tints, Weather shields, ARB front bar, ARB 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension, Redark 40amp LV dual battery set up STT PRO tyres 275x65x18 Domintor Winch 12000ibs Cree 9 inch LED BushSkinz full protection kit including rear bar protector and side steps TJM snorkel Kings awning

MDC V4 Rear Fold Crusader Camper
  • grhyso
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Perth

Smart use of space with your spare on the roof!
    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• 72pug
      • Aug 2007
      • Brisbane

That's a good idea !!.... and the weight of 2 Jerries will be very similar to that of the original spare, so no added stress on the door.

Cheers,

Pug

Comment

• dhula
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • South of Perth

Very smart and gives a stockish look to the back end instead of the "I've got everything including the kitchen sink hanging off the back" look.

Should make life easier filling the jerries up also

2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
        2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Camden NSW

[/

A busy few days that's for sure new Snorkle shovel and high lift jack awning new treks winch spot lights and light bar tomorrow
          Next on the Shopping List, well I'm pretty well set up but possibly Harrop front diff lock

So Far Black Widow Draws, Millford Cargo Barrier, Thule Luggage Carrier, Tow kit, Tints, Weather shields, ARB front bar, ARB 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension, Redark 40amp LV dual battery set up STT PRO tyres 275x65x18 Domintor Winch 12000ibs Cree 9 inch LED BushSkinz full protection kit including rear bar protector and side steps TJM snorkel Kings awning

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2014
            • Camden NSW

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Camden NSW

And I forgot the whole BushSkinz catalog yet to be installed

Comment

• geopaj
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Adelaide

Nice work.

I don't want to come across rude but what is the logic of moving the spare tire to the roof and building gerry can holders to fit where the spare tire was originally fitted? Why not just put the Gerry cans on the roof rack? (decent ones won't leak when lied down flat & getting a 20kg gerry can on the roof would be easier than getting the heavier spare tire on the roof. There are also the legalities of having gerry cans containing fuel on the rear)
                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                  Nice work.

I don't want to come across rude but what is the logic of moving the spare tire to the roof and building gerry can holders to fit where the spare tire was originally fitted? Why not just put the Gerry cans on the roof rack? (decent ones won't leak when lied down flat & getting a 20kg gerry can on the roof would be easier than getting the heavier spare tire on the roof. There are also the legalities of having gerry cans containing fuel on the rear)
                  You can carry extra fuel in safe containers on the rear of your vehicle but the holding fixture must be ADR approved. It is advised that you do not carry fuel on the rear of your vehicle for obvious reasons. Fuel may be carried on a roof rack but must be in suitable containers and securely attached to roof rack. A total 250 litres , all up, is allowed to be on a vehicle. This includes fuel in tanks.

I would never carry fuel on the rear of any vehicle. Everyday there are dozens of accidents with people rear ending another car. The outfit looks good but just dangerous in my opinion. Tossing 30+ kilos of tyre on a roof rack can be dangerous to.

I don't know how'd you would stand with your insurance company either if you were involved in an accident and someone lost a life through a fire...
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2014
                    • Camden NSW

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                    Nice work.

Simple my spare doesn't fit in that carrier

Comment

• geopaj
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Iron Bark Hak View Post
                      Simple my spare doesn't fit in that carrier
                      Ah, cool. As I said before, nice job.
                      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2014
                        • Camden NSW

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        You can carry extra fuel in safe containers on the rear of your vehicle but the holding fixture must be ADR approved. It is advised that you do not carry fuel on the rear of your vehicle for obvious reasons. Fuel may be carried on a roof rack but must be in suitable containers and securely attached to roof rack. A total 250 litres , all up, is allowed to be on a vehicle. This includes fuel in tanks.

I would never carry fuel on the rear of any vehicle. Everyday there are dozens of accidents with people rear ending another car. The outfit looks good but just dangerous in my opinion. Tossing 30+ kilos of tyre on a roof rack can be dangerous to.

I don't know how'd you would stand with your insurance company either if you were involved in an accident and someone lost a life through a fire...
                        Who drives every day with fuel in the fuel containers the ideas is when camping fill them up at nearest town the camper also has two that's 80 liters of fuel
                        done go off grid and get lost and relax well that's the idea anyway I couldn't fit my spare there and didn't want to do anything not reversible

In a day I can rip everthing off take take my car to stealer and trade it in not a worry

Comment

• rotare
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2007

Good job. I like the idea.

As you say, it's highly unlikely you would be carrying full jerry cans in day to day, city traffic. I'm guessing it's more likely you would fill them up at your last stop before heading off the blacktop and into the bush.
                          2013 NW VRX

Comment

• Iron Bark Hak
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • Camden NSW

Originally posted by rotare View Post
                            Good job. I like the idea.

As you say, it's highly unlikely you would be carrying full jerry cans in day to day, city traffic. I'm guessing it's more likely you would fill them up at your last stop before heading off the blacktop and into the bush.
                            Yeah correct I mean why would you travel around with fuel in a Jerry can in the city when there's 3 servos every 5 km

Comment

• Naviguesser
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2013
                              • Crib Point Vic

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post

Diesel is not like petrol. You would need a lot of heat for it to burn.
                              A rear ender would see any leakage run down the road.
                              Biggest issue is keeping it out of the drains.
                              Last edited by Naviguesser; 17-12-15, 08:33 PM. Reason: Typo
                              MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                              ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                              TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                              Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X