• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danm
    • Jul 2013
    • Gold Coast

Wheels for NW Pajero - 17"

Does anyone know how I can find out if 17" alloys from a 2012 Triton will fit my Pajero (other than putting one on the car and seeing how it looks)? I'm looking for new wheels for my camper so that the wheels from my camper will fit my new NW Pajero - save carrying a second spare.

There seem to be lots of near-new 17" alloys for sale - Prado, Mazda BT50, Patrol, etc. just no Pajero! It seems impossible to check if they will fit other than actually doing a wheel swap and look. New wheels are too expensive!
  • Fritterbug
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Brisbane

I'm doing the same thing. However I am still holding out for a set of genuine Pajero steel wheels. The steelies are $200 each new from Mitsubishi.

I saw a photo on this forum of someones gen4 Pajero with Triton mags wheels. Maybe they will speak up here.

However Pajero offset is +46 and Triton is from what I have read +38.
    MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• stumaree
      • Jan 2012
      • Melbourne

I bought a set of the genuine MM Pajero steel wheels for my NW and fitted a set of mudies, it makes the tyre swap easy. The steel wheel nuts are different to the alloy ones, as already mentioned $200 each. The big problem with the NW is the wheel offset from memory -46 mm to clear the front brake caliper, the spare parts guy told me the Triton ones were not the same part number although looked similar.
      2011 NW 3.2 Auto, black widow draws, 2' OME rear springs, safari snorkle, full bush skinzs, ARB duel batteries

Comment

• animal alex
        • Aug 2013
        • Sydney

As the days old proud owner of new NW Pajero, I can give you a definitive answer - no, the Triton rims will not fit.

We got a VRX model, but I really wanted 17"ers rather than the 18" standard wheels. The dealer had a Triton spare, and so tried swapping wheels from that. Apparently, the Triton rims foul the front brake calipers (I didn't see this, was just told).

Lucky for me, a GLX came in on the same delivery as mine, so they took the wheels from that instead.

Hope that helps!

a.

Comment

• markpeh
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Lake Clarendon QLD

The triton wheels are narrower than the paj
          NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• danm
            • Jul 2013
            • Gold Coast

I guess that tells me two things I needed to know - the Triton's don't fit, and it's gonna be hard to find out what will if even a dealer has to give it a crack to be sure.

Now I just need to figure out why Pajero alloys are rare on the used-rims lists. :-)

Thanks everyone.
            Last edited by danm; 07-09-13, 06:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• bill65
              • Feb 2013
              • melton

Originally posted by animal alex View Post
              As the days old proud owner of new NW Pajero, I can give you a definitive answer - no, the Triton rims will not fit.

We got a VRX model, but I really wanted 17"ers rather than the 18" standard wheels. The dealer had a Triton spare, and so tried swapping wheels from that. Apparently, the Triton rims foul the front brake calipers (I didn't see this, was just told).

Lucky for me, a GLX came in on the same delivery as mine, so they took the wheels from that instead.

Hope that helps!

a.
              no they do not fit the front and do hit the caliper

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2010
                • Cairns

Originally posted by danm View Post
                Now I just need to figure out why Pajero alloys are rare on the used-rims lists. :-)
                That is simple. It is because most people want to ditch their 18's and downsize to 17's!
                Good luck with the hunt. Be patient, keep looking and a set will come up.
                My brother (MoreliaMatt) picked up a set of 4 NT 17's only a month or so ago for a price so cheap it could almost be called theft! I don't think he is going to let his go though
                Cheers, Dan.
                2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• 4wd26
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

Originally posted by danm View Post
                  Does anyone know how I can find out if 17" alloys from a 2012 Triton will fit my Pajero (other than putting one on the car and seeing how it looks)? I'm looking for new wheels for my camper so that the wheels from my camper will fit my new NW Pajero - save carrying a second spare.

There seem to be lots of near-new 17" alloys for sale - Prado, Mazda BT50, Patrol, etc. just no Pajero! It seems impossible to check if they will fit other than actually doing a wheel swap and look. New wheels are too expensive!
                  I have a set of 17"x 7 triton alloys +38 offset
                  a set of genuine prado steel rims in 17"x 7.5 + 30 offset
                  and a set of aftermarket alloys in 17"x 8 + 20 offset

If someone was interested in coming and trying out- I'm Bayside Brisbane

Tried the triton alloys on a friends NS a few years ago- thought they fitted but with the 32" MTR would not fit on the rear carrier both for offset and diameter
                  ML triton with some accessories
                  National E Trek Libary
                  Getting Out There

Comment

• Fritterbug
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2013
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by markpeh View Post
                    The triton wheels are narrower than the paj
                    I think Triton wheels come in both 7in and 7.5in. That is what my searching tells me but not looked at one as the gas company Tritons out here I've looked at only have 16in wheels. So they seem to come in different diameters too.
                    MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• craka
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
                      That is simple. It is because most people want to ditch their 18's and downsize to 17's!
                      My brother (MoreliaMatt) picked up a set of 4 NT 17's only a month or so ago for a price so cheap it could almost be called theft! I don't think he is going to let his go though
                      Cheers, Dan.
                      I'll say, that was almost criminal. Was an absolute bargain.
                      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by craka View Post
                        Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
                        Cheers, Dan.
                        I'll say, that was almost criminal. Was an absolute bargain.

| 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                        | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                        | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                        | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• eman
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2009
                          • Cranebrook, NSW

I recall reading that MN Triton wheels would not fit, but the ML ones would.

Also when searching don't forget about looking interstate, freight is much more affordable than you might first think. Had 4 GL rims fitted with near new KM2's delivered from Melb to Syd for $100
                          2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• danm
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Gold Coast

So, a set of 17" alloys from an NT will fit an NW - that's good to know.

I guess however from this whole discussion that you'd have to test fit any 17" alloy, even genuine Pajero (earlier models), before you could be absolutely sure. This makes buying used wheels a little tricky by the sound of it.

Dan

Comment

• glenn_cot
                              • Dec 2009

I have NP exceed 17 inch alloys fitted to my NT no problems at all.
                              Glenn

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X