• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mocsta
    • Apr 2010
    • Karratha

Gen 2 - Air Con Controls Relocation

Hey guys,

there are several threads detailing the relocation of the air con controls lower on the fascia in Gen 3 Models.

Has anyone attempted this on a Gen 2?

The physicaly relocation seems quite simple, I am more concerned that the fascia for my Gen2(NL Exceed) is wider at the factory air con location.

So if I put a single DIN unit where the air con unit was, there will be a large gap, not sure how to fill it in.

Any photos would be appreciated.

Otherwise, I am contemplating removing the centre console gauges (battery, oil & lean) and replacing with either a double-Din unit, or an Ipad.

Reason: I really dont like how low the factory single-DIN location is, its hard to read the deck, and often the gear stick is the way of changing songs etc.
  • mocsta
    • Apr 2010
    • Karratha

Found an interesting option.

Single DIN player, with motorised 7" touch screen; giving you benefits of double DIN multimedia stations in a single DIN location.

Option 1: Audiophile Option

Option 2: Chinese Rip off

Looking at these though, there is still the problem, that when the screen is motored UP; it will block the air con controls (in the factory position); not necessarily a bad thing. But most likely, will still need to swap the ain con and deck positions.

Originally posted by mocsta View Post
    Hey guys,

there are several threads detailing the relocation of the air con controls lower on the fascia in Gen 3 Models.

Has anyone attempted this on a Gen 2?

The physicaly relocation seems quite simple, I am more concerned that the fascia for my Gen2(NL Exceed) is wider at the factory air con location.

So if I put a single DIN unit where the air con unit was, there will be a large gap, not sure how to fill it in.

Any photos would be appreciated.

Otherwise, I am contemplating removing the centre console gauges (battery, oil & lean) and replacing with either a double-Din unit, or an Ipad.

Reason: I really dont like how low the factory single-DIN location is, its hard to read the deck, and often the gear stick is the way of changing songs etc.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X