• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorgs001
    • Jan 2017
    • doncaster, victoria

intake camshaft bolt snapped help

I have a diesel ml 3.2 2007 that i have pulled out the camshaft due to a snapped bolt which occured due to a chain guide failure. i currently have the rocker cover off and inlet cam removed .. does anyone know where i can get a secondhand cam or advice regarding this situation???
    Attached Files
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Gorgs001 View Post
    I have a diesel ml 3.2 2007 that i have pulled out the camshaft due to a snapped bolt which occured due to a chain guide failure. i currently have the rocker cover off and inlet cam removed .. does anyone know where i can get a secondhand cam or advice regarding this situation???

Chain guide failure or chain tensioner? Unusual for guide failure in the common rail motor.

Are you the original owner? Has the tensioner been replaced with the recall?

I guess the only place to buy a cam is from a wrecker with a blown motor. No wrecker will sell internal parts from a good running motor.

Is it possible in could be repaired. A photo of the damage may help.

Comment

• Gen3
      • Nov 2011
      • penrith , NSW

surely a good engineering shop can remove whats left of the bolt and clean up / cut new threads in the shaft if required.

Comment

• Gorgs001
        • Jan 2017
        • doncaster, victoria

yes thats what i thought but the one i went to said the holding tank wasnt deep enough for the cam so he advised get a new one...the thing is can i replace one cam and all the guides and excpect my car to be alive and reliable again? I havnt had the recall guide replaced and yes i am the original owner? maybe i should try another engineering shop? thanks thats helped me think outside the box for a sec as this whole situation has been boggling my brain for a while let alone not having transport for work etc..

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X