• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam.cath
    • Dec 2014
    • Sunshine Coast

A/C man in Darwin NT

Just wanted to mention an extremely positive experience with an A/C service & repair man in Darwin.

There are a lot of unethical folks who charge an arm & a leg for doing shoddy work & it's a pleasure to meet & talk in depth to someone who is happy to take the time to explain what was going & what the fix was & to be charged only $180 for his work that he said to bring back for no extra charge if it leaks again.

Aircon units cop a hiding in the NT with the heat & for anyone who needs their's serviced or is passing through these are your people.

ACARR AUTOAIR
    Ph. 08 8992 7703

Cheers,
    Sam
    2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter
  • sam.cath
    • Dec 2014
    • Sunshine Coast

I should mention that the above story was for my in-laws Suzuki Grand Vitara.

While I was there chatting with I'm I asked about the noise our Paj's A/C is making when on.
    It sounds like an oscillating ticking noise (not a loose belt- replaced this a couple of years ago).
    An A/C man on the Sunny Coast in QLD said that it is the compressor & it'll be a grand to replace.

Old mate above in Darwin said to check the idler pulley (has a bearing in it) as well as this will make as similar noise & is a $20 part to replace. Loosen the A/C belt on the pulley, remove the belt & see if there is any rattle in the idler pulley & if so replace.

Thought this may be helpful to other forum members.
    Will be getting our idler pulley checked/replaced once I'm home.

Sam
    2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X