Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Roil Oil Conditioner. Any experiences???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcquest
    • Mar 2008
    • QLD

Roil Oil Conditioner. Any experiences???

Hi!,

A friend recommended this additive call Roil. Its a metal conditioner. Apparently its good stuff.

My friend is a mechanic said he uses it himself and can feel it work when added to the gear box oil (ATF).

Not much difference when added to the engine oil though.

Was just wondering if anyone had heard of it and what are your views and experiences.

Cheers
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

IMO, save yor money. Just use quality oils at the recommended intervals.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• gaz1
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Blue Mountains NSW

Ditto

Gaz
      2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• dolphin
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008

they reacon banana skins are also good for noisy diffs too. play it safe and just use good fresh oils.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• gcquest
          • Mar 2008
          • QLD

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
          they reacon banana skins are also good for noisy diffs too. play it safe and just use good fresh oils.
          My mechanic actually did this to his jeep it did quite down the diff abit. Ha ha!

Comment

• psproule
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by gcquest View Post
            My mechanic actually did this to his jeep it did quite down the diff abit. Ha ha!
            Hope you found a new mechanic!
            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• gcquest
              • Mar 2008
              • QLD

Has any one used this product before?

Well this stuff is not exactly cheap. Its like $60 to $65 dollars a bottle.

Just though maybe just maybe it may make a difference but to do the transmission (auto) and engine it will take about 2 bottles of this stuff meaning another $120!!

Probably not worth it.

Do you guys add anything to your oils?

Thinking of using Nulon 100% synthetic ATF for my Paj.
              Any views on that as well?
              How often do you change the transmission oil anyways?

Comment

• mrbitchi
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Brisbane

No I don't use any additives. Particularly would not use anything in the auto tranny as they're a bit fussy. Only use genuine MM oil for tranny, Mobil1 in engine and Castrol oils in diffs/transfer case.
                Cheers, John.
                LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• gaz1
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Blue Mountains NSW

I think you'll find most of the opinion is against oil additives, on the basis that if there was a way of making an oil better, the oil companies would include it - even if only in their premium product.

I use a synthetic transmission fluid made by Amsoil in the USA - have had it in for about 60,000km now with no problems. I tow a heavy caravan so wanted a fluid with better heat tolerance and less oxidisation which is what tends to send normal fluids black. Can't comment on the Nulon but might give it a go next time I change the fluid which will be fairly soon - it's specified for MM 3, and costs less than the Amsoil.

On the other hand, most forum members are happy with the genuine MM fluid.

Gaz
                  2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Wrex
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Perth

Roil is made by a company called Neways. It is a multi level marketing company.
                    You sign up then get your neighbour to sign up under you and everything your neighbour sells you get a very small cut. Sign up a hundred people and you get hundreds of small cuts which add up.

My wife signed up about 8 years ago. We use the shaving and shower gel only and have never signed anyone up.

The roil comes with very shiny pamphlets with very large claims. In a nutshell it states that it will fill in the microscopic imperfections in metal to provide a smooth surface hence cutting friction and reducing noise and power loss.

I would be very sceptical of a mechanic pushing the product knowing it comes from a multi level marketing scheme.

Comment

• Wrex
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2007
                      • Perth

Straight from Neways website http://www.neways.com.au/products/ho.../car/index.php

Car Care - Roil

Neways Roil Treatment range consists of technologically advanced automotive treatments suitable for all types of petrol and diesel driven engines including trucks, cars, motorbikes, power boats, lawn mowers and gardening equipment.

By reducing emissions, Roil helps to protect the environment while you protect your engine? from the inside out. Based on state-of-the-art chemistry designed to reduce friction and improve efficiency, Roil products do for machinery what Neways' other products do for you.

-Roil Diesel Fuel System Treatment
                      RRP= $28.15 for 360ml or $1028.75 for 19L

In a time of increasing consumption and tighter environmental protection regulations, Neways has manufactured a multi-functional diesel treatment to meet the greater demands placed on diesel fuels. Roil Diesel is a cost effective, technologically advanced treatment suitable for diesel engines. The detergent in Neways' Roil Diesel Fuel System Treatment removes carbon deposits from your engine's injector tips, resulting in improved fuel economy, decreased smoke and lower emissions.

It keeps pistons clean, resulting in fewer carbon deposits in and around ring grooves.

Using Roil Diesel Fuel System Treatment means less carbon damage, fewer problems with ring sticking and better oil economy.

The treatment prevents oxidation and radical polymerisation reactions that can lead to diesel fuel aging. Roil Diesel's effective anti corrosion treatment forms a protective layer below the film of water, resulting in fewer problems with leakages and filter blocking. Damage can be prevented damage to fuel system components caused by water contamination.

Roil Gold RRP = $52.10 for 480ml or $1570.65 for 19L

Nearly 85% of engine wear takes place as you turn the key to start your engine. Roil Gold is a 'state-of-the-art' formula designed to reduce the friction which causes wear. Being a metal conditioning treatment it will help protect your valuable asset when oil can't... at start up.

Roil Gold has been designed to meet industry standards for today's high performance automobiles and truck standard transmissions, differentials, axles and power providers.

Roil Gold reduces friction (heat), improves fuel economy and extends part life and service maintenance. Available in bulk.

Roil Petrol Fuel System Treatment RRP = $32.90 for 360ml

This treatment can greatly increase power and fuel economy while lowering emissions.

Its dual action cleans and conditions carburretors, injectors, fuel in-take systems, valves and combustion chambers. With an economical and advanced formula, it is designed to increase fuel efficiency and power while maintaining lower levels of exhaust emissions. It is suitable for use in all types of petrol driven engines including trucks, cars, motor bikes, power boats, lawn mowers, gardening equipment... the list goes on and on.

Neway's Roil Petrol Fuel System Treatment contains a powerful detergent.

This has been specially formulated to clean and condition the components in your engine's fuel system including carburettors, injectors, fuel intake system, intake valves and combustion chambers. It does this by dissolving the sludge, gum and varnish that would normally build up on the parts inside your engine's fuel system.

The result? Cleaner and more efficient fuel combustion. With fuel burning more cleanly you will gain greater fuel efficiency, faster acceleration and will maintain a lower level of exhaust emissions. Ultimately, this has to be better for the environment. A cleaner fuel system means less "knocking" and "pinging" with a reduction in after-run. It also eliminates the stalling, rough idling and hesitation so commonly found in vehicles with "dirty" fuel system.

Comment

• mcs
                        • Mar 2010

yes it is a mlm company , but the product is great ! they have upgraded roil gold to roil platinum last year !
                        now it made in germany with great success as a product !
                        if the forum likes i can load information about Roil Platinum

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X