• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shane-ow
    • Aug 2017
    • victoria

vaccum lines for super select

Hello all, so it clutch time. I have the gearbox and transfer case out. I have noticed two problems. i came across a vaccum line that is bolted at the bellhousing and goes down to the transfer case. It is not connected to anything at the engine end. Does anyone know where it is meant to go from the bellhousing as the rest of the vaccum system looks connected. Second problem Oil leak top of engine Passenger side, not as high as rockercover gasket- its clean, im suspecting the oil pressure switch- has anyone had this before, there is plenty here about driver side leaks and rocker cover. P.s its a 3.5 litre petrol engine.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by shane-ow View Post
    Hello all, so it clutch time. I have the gearbox and transfer case out. I have noticed two problems. i came across a vaccum line that is bolted at the bellhousing and goes down to the transfer case. It is not connected to anything at the engine end. Does anyone know where it is meant to go from the bellhousing as the rest of the vaccum system looks connected.
    It's a breather. The gearbox and transfer breathe into the bell-housing. If your drivetrain is underwater and the air inside is contracting, the breathers suck air in via the bell-housing. The bell-housing would need to fill with water before anything is sucked into the breather hose.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• shane-ow
      • Aug 2017
      • victoria

thanks NJ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X