• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aceisnow
    • Dec 2015
    • melbourne

Running cables to rear

Hi guys,

Finally got around to getting some gear from Pirhana Off road (VIC) so run an aux battery. I have a 2014 PC challenger so not having the battery in the bonnet.

Going to run the cables to my battery in the rear just behind my drawers. The guys at Piranha have sold me the gear and its a basic set up that i can use for 4x4 trips to run my fridge and work lights.

Whats the best way to run the cables threw to the back where the aux battery is going to live?

Any other things i should look out for?

Cheers
    Ace
  • aaron.miller
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2011
    • Epping, NSW

I ran mine thru the firewall via the grommet thats up high on the passenger side behind the battery and fuel filter, then down behind the passenger kickpanel and under the plastic door protector things.
    Make sure your using 6b&S cables and run the negative back to the start battery, not earthed to the body in the rear.

Aaron
    2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• aceisnow
      • Dec 2015
      • melbourne

Thanks aaron.

Yep i think that is my plan of attack.

Will have a crack.

Cheers

Comment

• Last Mohican
        • Mar 2016
        • Sydney

I sleeved my 6mm cable in black flexible conduit and taped up attached to a yellow tongue and pulled through the passenger side chassis rail. I entered the rear panel through the spare grommet near the towbar wiring.
        December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• aceisnow
          • Dec 2015
          • melbourne

Hmm, is that where they run all the factory cables?

Comment

• Last Mohican
            • Mar 2016
            • Sydney

No only us smart guys , factory wiring is like cotton 😁
            December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• amec
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Wamberal

There is also a grommet on the drivers side near the brske booster plus another grommet under the passenger seat.
              So many options to choose from.....
              PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• pajeromack
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • NSW

I ran mine under the car on top of the driver side chassis rail in conduit. Think it was a 2B&S welding cable, I can start from the rear if I want. Zip tied down. They're all black so almost invisible.
                Enter the vehicle inside the rear quarter panel. I think there was a large grommet.

The chassis rails have internal bracing (hard to navigate around).

Internally you can go under the door sills, but you have to use a small gauge cable or they wont sit right.

Comment

• aceisnow
                  • Dec 2015
                  • melbourne

Aaron how did you get cables through the firewall grommet on passenger side? How did you create a hole?

and how the heck to i get to the passenger side grommet from in the passenger side? Do i have to mess with the glove box or is it below that?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X