• Show
Clear All
  • Motorace
    • Oct 2012
    • Brisbane

New Paint Care

Hello All

Just ordered our new PB Challenger

Wondering what you guys do to take care of the paint? I said no to the overpriced magical paint protection lol.

There are lots of sealer out there for diy and I have a range of the normal waxes and finishing products.

Anyone also got a mother wax attack polisher? Thinking of getting one of them or a pro random obit polisher.

Cheers

Matt
    2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.
  • cry_babys
    • Dec 2010
    • nsw

i TRY not to drive in to tree branches thats my paint protection

Comment

• Motorace
      • Oct 2012
      • Brisbane

I wondered if that was the problem
      2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• ScottB
        • Mar 2011
        • Newcastle

My paint protection was to obsess over it the first year, every chip and scratch. Now I am just happy if it is clean.
        2011 PB LS Auto in Ironbark, Reverse Sensors, Dueler 694LT, BushSkinz bash plates, factory towbar. Ultimate Suspension lift.

Comment

• Jan0808
          • Apr 2011
          • Newcastle

Autoglym HD Wax is awesome
          2019 Pajero Sport GLX Silver BFGs tow bar tinted windows whisper roof racks Kings awning for now!

Comment

• Bobkat
            • Mar 2011
            • Perth Souther Suburbs

You guys amaze me. You spend all that money buying you truck and then quibble about a few hundred more to to make the paintwork look like new for a week or so.

Next thing you will be telling me that you did not take up the electronic rust prevention.

Maybe you should see my add on eBay for snake oil

Bob

Comment

• 02-SR5
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2010
              • Toowoomba

Dont waste your money on the Ming @*$#@*$#@*$#@*$#.

Her job is to sell you soapy water that has a life time warranty.

Take the car exactly as it is and save your money.

Rob
              MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• JK017
                • Sep 2012
                • Pinjarra WA

I have never been a fan of paint protection and it is not a once off, job done process. If you damage it you need to get it touched up and re-applied when it wears off.

A good wax applied to the vehicle will keep the paint in top condition. I wax my cars every 3 months and if you get something on the paint you simply polish it off. From time to me we get overspray at work and I just polish the effected area and re-wax. The wax is a sacraficial layer.

I use my challenger as a 4wd and I dont fuss over the scratches and bumps it gets from being used as a 4wd.

Although I am disappointed about how easy the black mirrors on the base model and rear bumper scratches so easily.
                2012 PB Challenger - TJM Nudge Bar, Uniden UHF, Narva Spotlights, Parkside Towbar, Auto Safe Cargo Barrier, Dark Tint, Dual Battery setup, custom DIY rear storage and fridge slide setup.

Comment

• Wazza69
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Perth WA

My Challenger was the charcoal micra, it's now the charcoal stripey. Yes i spent alot of money to buy this 4X4, yes it looks like a cat's used it as a scratching post, no i'm not bothered coz it's a 4X4 and unless you don't want to get out and see the best parts of our beautiful country stop worrying over a couple of scatches
                  Charcoal 30th ann Man Challenger, ARB Bar, Lightforce 170 spotties, 80ltr Waeco, Pirahna dual battery tray, 100ah aux batt, Tigers11 Ali roof rack, Ridge Rider awning, TJM bash plates, Boab fridge & draw unit, custom cargo barrier, GME UHF....still to come, OME suspension & more

Comment

• Challenged2010
                    • Jul 2010
                    • Naracoorte, SA

Originally posted by Wazza69 View Post
                    My Challenger was the charcoal micra, it's now the charcoal stripey. Yes i spent alot of money to buy this 4X4, yes it looks like a cat's used it as a scratching post, no i'm not bothered coz it's a 4X4 and unless you don't want to get out and see the best parts of our beautiful country stop worrying over a couple of scatches
                    What he said.....
                    Dave
                    2010 Silver Challenger LS auto, ARB Deluxe Bar, EDS full length custom bash plates, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 225 broad beam kit with HID conversion, 2" lift with OME suspension, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S 265-65-17

Comment

• tar
                      • Dec 2011
                      • brisbane

I got it on my pajero (only because it came with free electronic rustproof at the time) but I must say after going through the bush you get out look at the side of the car with scratches running from end to end give them a rub and there gone don't no if that's the paint Protection or just something in the paint these day but I'm glad I got it
                      2011 RX Warm white, Stereo upgrade, Towbar, Tinting, Interior Protection, Paint Protection, Electronic Rust, TJM Sump Guard, bonnet protector, 75w HID spotties, 2'' Bilstein and kings, airtec snorkel, Cooper At3, uniden uhf, custom rear lighting, colour coded deluxe bull bar, piranha battery tray with abr isolator ... more to come

Towing: Jimboomba Camper trailer

Comment

• PeePee
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2012
                        • Brisbane

I make every effort to keep my Challenger as good as possible. The paint in any event marks very easily. In the first couple if weeks I noticed a number of weird scratches on it with no explanation.

After one trip at Easter I ended up in some very bad tracks with lots of lantana, the result is bush pin striping down both sides of the car. I am use to it now and enjoy getting out on the tracks.
                        MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• live_1991
                          • Jun 2012
                          • darwin

How about this ?

Comment

• Wazza69
                            • Jan 2012
                            • Perth WA

Apparently scratch-x works a treat if it's only the clear thats damaged. I haven't tried it yet coz i'm going out again this weekend and it would probably be a waste of time
                            Charcoal 30th ann Man Challenger, ARB Bar, Lightforce 170 spotties, 80ltr Waeco, Pirahna dual battery tray, 100ah aux batt, Tigers11 Ali roof rack, Ridge Rider awning, TJM bash plates, Boab fridge & draw unit, custom cargo barrier, GME UHF....still to come, OME suspension & more

Comment

• greig
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • kanwal

I have some scratch X and to be honest..it doesn't seem much better than normal polish..

Most of my scratches seem to be only in the clear coat, but after polishing with normal polish and scratch X....they are still there...although a lot lighter than before..

I'm pretty particular, and the 4wd looks pretty good from a distance, but they are still there.......just lucky I got white !!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X