• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alister
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Liqui Moly engine oil

Does anyone have any experience with LiquiMoly 10w-40 (in the blue bottle) fo the NT? The guy, ex-mechanic, at Autobarn was singing its praises, said his RAV4 loved it. It is ACEA B4 spec'ed so should be ok by the book.

I am currently using Penrite HPR 5w-40 full synthetic, can't say I noticed any difference, and with an oil change due thought I'd go to good ol' HPR Diesel 10w-40 Semi as a standby.

Thanks
    Alister
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

To be completely honest, I don't believe there's a large difference between same-spec oils from different "name brand" manufacturers.

Have you checked out prices for today's sales? I've been using Nulon 10W-40 for a little while - Australian, fully synthetic, reasonably priced when it's on sale. In the past, Super Cheap have even sold the 6 litre bottles for less than the 5 litre bottles - that's not on a "price per litre" basis, but more oil for less money.

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• fourocker
      • Jan 2018
      • Blue Mountains NSW

I too don't believe there's any real difference between brands so can't comment on Liquimoly specifically.
      If an oil meets specification and is at least half price I'll buy it and stock it aside at home regardless of the brand, after all it'll do it's job as per the schedule and be changed out and disposed of so there's no point getting precious about it......it's a consumable, disposable product.

Comment

• nw vrx
        • Apr 2017
        • AU

My experience with liquimoly 10w 40 blue bottle has been very good.
        In my previous daily driver it was found to be smoother running and a little quieter but also felt more free to pull through the rev range when lent on a little.

Since switched to the 9100? Version as it is e85 stable (but more expensive).
        I’ll be switching the NW to blue 10w 40 on the next change.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X