• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

A victory for a consumer.

A Queensland couple purchased a Range Rover Autobiohraphy. The vehicle was delivered in April 2016. In 2016. After a series of glitches the vehicle failed to start in October 2016.The owners had the vehicle privately inspected twice at different times finding there was a risk of "sudden and catastrophic engine failure." The Tribunal ordered that JLRA pay the couple $283,191. That's the full $235,000 refund for the vehicle plus $48,191 in interest, car hire and the cost of the two private inspections.

The couple are now claiming a further $134.000 in legal costs.
  • gjlinforth
    • Sep 2012
    • Strathmore

Read the full determination here...

Says a lot for the trouble shooting capability of some service organisations!

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by gjlinforth View Post
      Read the full determination here...

Says a lot for the trouble shooting capability of some service organisations!

Thanks for the link. It's incredible what dealers will go to to avoid warranty and a full refund as required under the law.

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Great read, thanks.
        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Seigried
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2016
          • brisbane

Wow. Its an intersting read. I cant beleive she had to get the dealer report on the condition of the car via supeana.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Time and money $$$
            It should never go to this stage..
            The stealer messed with the wrong client..
            2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2014
              • Wellington,New Zealand

Disgraceful.
              Not only did they fail the customer they failed the brand.They claim its a top quality product,yet they do virtually nothing to ensure the customer is looked after.And the worst thing is the deception at the end.They dont deny its a shit product they try to wriggle out of it by claiming they sold it to a dealer.
              Remind me to never ever buy a Landrover
              2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
              BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Scrambler
                • Jul 2018
                • Toowoomba, Qld

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
                Disgraceful.
                Not only did they fail the customer they failed the brand.They claim its a top quality product,yet they do virtually nothing to ensure the customer is looked after.And the worst thing is the deception at the end.They dont deny its a shit product they try to wriggle out of it by claiming they sold it to a dealer.
                Remind me to never ever buy a Landrover
                I'm not sure avoiding Landrover is exactly the right answer. I'm sure the dealer sells other brands, and it might well be a different importer in NZ.

And it's an open and shut case now that any issue must be dealt with by the dealer.

I've owned 5 Landrovers (if we only count the driveable ones) and I've had no major issues other than a slipped bore liner in a stroked V8: hard to blame the original manufacturer. Plenty of the minor issues you expect with >200,000km, which they were all at or over. I still have an early 1960s with God knows how many miles. I've done worse with my previous Pajero, required engine rebuild on what should have been the good side of 200k: gave it away and bought a Defender.
                =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
                =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2014
                  • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Scrambler View Post
                  I'm not sure avoiding Landrover is exactly the right answer. I'm sure the dealer sells other brands, and it might well be a different importer in NZ.

And it's an open and shut case now that any issue must be dealt with by the dealer.

I've owned 5 Landrovers (if we only count the driveable ones) and I've had no major issues other than a slipped bore liner in a stroked V8: hard to blame the original manufacturer. Plenty of the minor issues you expect with >200,000km, which they were all at or over. I still have an early 1960s with God knows how many miles. I've done worse with my previous Pajero, required engine rebuild on what should have been the good side of 200k: gave it away and bought a Defender.
                  i dont mean the defender.If the cabins were a bit more roomy i would prolly have one
                  2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                  BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X