• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewF
    • Jun 2011
    • Burwood East

New bull bar fitted

G'day,

Got the ARB deluxe bull bar done Friday and the Outback 4WD guys in Bayswater were great to deal with and were good on price so went with them. I like the idea of the ARB bar design and hope to try and do something about the light blanks later with small led spread beam things for close in on tracks or something. I specifically wanted the ARB bar itself but wanted to choose the installers.

So anyway, got it Friday and I discussed the issues of mudguards splitting with chassis/bar flex where the nuts normally go through the mudguard with the guys, so now there's two bolts with large washers over them to spread the load across the guard and help prevent splitting so cool, ok... Was going to have a flat bracket between them to share the load but the corrugated design of the mudguards buggered that up, shall add something extra if I need to down the track.

Front suspension seems to be working better now with that pre-included weight setup in the suspension setup from Ultimate, does seem more compliant I think... Feels a little more sure footed.

Glare is ok, I have plain powder black and it lights up with the headlights so I can see the bar of a night clearly so I wonder how bright the light colors ones must be with additional reflection...?

Anyway, just thought I'd share the guys at Outback 4WD in Bayswater Melbourne were great to deal with and can recommend them.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    2011 PB manual Challenger, Bushskinz, Dual batteries, 2" Ultimate lift, snorkel, ARB steel Bullbar, BFG 265/75/16 AT's, other bits n bobs.
  • greig
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2010
    • kanwal

I have a silver bar, and I ran some black anti slip tape across the back areas of the bar......and because of the rough surface....glare is zero.......but don't rub your hands across it !!!!

Comment

• turbopiston
      • Jan 2011
      • Sydney

Any pics?

Comment

• AndrewF
        • Jun 2011
        • Burwood East

G'day,

I've taken one of where the mudguard is supported at the moment, if I have any worries down the track we'll improve the mount and spread the load more.

Seems to give good approach angles but we'll see who we go with the guards thing... Suspension does feel better I think...

Notice I went the tight arse way and didn't get the "driving" lights or what-ever they're called, I'd rather put something else in their place, plus need to sort out lights and aerial etc.

Cheers,
        Andrew
        Attached Files
        2011 PB manual Challenger, Bushskinz, Dual batteries, 2" Ultimate lift, snorkel, ARB steel Bullbar, BFG 265/75/16 AT's, other bits n bobs.

Comment

• 02-SR5
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2010
          • Toowoomba

Just for cosmetic looks,

your last photo, you can tuck that rough edge behind the lip of the bullbar. It just looks finished better.

Rob
          MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• greig
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2010
            • kanwal

Originally posted by turbopiston View Post
            Any pics?

I'm in America at the moment, but can post up pics in a week or two......!!

Comment

• PeePee
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2012
              • Brisbane

Here's a pic of my ARB delux bar before it was painted.

and after it was colour coded.
              MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X