• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

14.8 V seems a bit high to me. My NW (smart alternator) never sees over 14.4 V, and is mostly 14.2 V. That actual voltage varies with temperature - the higher the temperature, the lower the voltage.

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

To the OP, what is the resting voltage of the battery? ie with vehicle off after a period of time.
      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Tugga
        • Nov 2017
        • Bunbury WA

Resting voltage is 12.5.

The young bloke is taking it into a professional tomorrow. I'll report back what the outcome was.

We'd just be happy for it be something silly and obvious. But after a day changing batteries, replacing fuses and disconnecting accessories, cleaning things, I'm not hopeful.

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

12.5 Resting voltage should be fine.

Wheel sensor maybe.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Tugga
            • Nov 2017
            • Bunbury WA

I did think wheels sensor. they all appeared in tack. It's in the shop giving them a headache.

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

I can see the ASC lights maybe being activated by the wheel sensors if for example you have slightly different tyre sizes (different brand, pressure etc), but I cannot see how this would bring on the battery light. The voltage seems to be too high for my liking and the battery light may be telling you this as well.

Comment

• Tugga
                • Nov 2017
                • Bunbury WA

Well the dealer did everything I did plus change the alternator. No joy. they're in contact with MM Australia.

Comment

• Tugga
                  • Nov 2017
                  • Bunbury WA

It's fixed. Daughter in law picked it up today. While the official version is "frayed wire", I did see a new alternator and wheel sensor wiring on both front wheels.

It was fixed for free under used car warranty, so no complaints there. 3 days and a new alternator and loom, gotta be a $gorilla.

My spider senses tell me Craka was probably close to the mark. As I can see damaged wheel sensor wiring upsetting the works.

While we may never know the exact detail, the contributions and assistance provided by members of this forum are much appreciated and respected.

Keep up the good work fellas (and non-fellas).

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X