• Show
Clear All
  • Easykill1978
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne Vic

4wd High lights blinking

Hi,

My dads nw 4wd high lights keep blinking, and i have no idea where ot start.. its been a while and i tried searching and only found took it here and they fixed it.

we will have to do the fix ourselves for various reasons..

4wd lock and 4wd low all work, its just the front wheels lights flash in 4h and all other modes.

thanks

Easyk
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

Not sure I understand. So have you fixed it or still have no idea where to start?
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Dalma01
      • Jun 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
      Hi,

My dads nw 4wd high lights keep blinking, and i have no idea where ot start.. its been a while and i tried searching and only found took it here and they fixed it.

we will have to do the fix ourselves for various reasons..

4wd lock and 4wd low all work, its just the front wheels lights flash in 4h and all other modes.

thanks

Easyk
      Try a search. There was a thread with the same problem a few months ago. I think it ended up being the vacuum actuators were loose or buggered.

Comment

• Easykill1978
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Melbourne Vic

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
        Not sure I understand. So have you fixed it or still have no idea where to start?
        i dont know where to start

Originally posted by Dalma01 View Post
        Try a search. There was a thread with the same problem a few months ago. I think it ended up being the vacuum actuators were loose or buggered.
        yes tried that, just came up with about taking car to dealer and it was fixed. great crew etc etc.

would really like to konw where to start etc.. suprised its not a sticky.
        My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• Dalma01
          • Jun 2013
          • Sydney

Try and have a look underneath at the transmission. You should be able to see the vacuum hoses. Check if they are loose or may have come off. From what I have seen it usually fixes it. If not it is probably the actuator.

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

So the vehicle no longer subject to new car warranty?
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• NFT5
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Canberra

Originally posted by Dalma01 View Post
              Try and have a look underneath at the transmission. You should be able to see the vacuum hoses. Check if they are loose or may have come off. From what I have seen it usually fixes it. If not it is probably the actuator.
              The vacuum hoses don't go to the transmission, they go to the front axle.

Easykill, curiously my NW has developed the same symptoms over the last couple of days. We've had some heavy rain recently so i suspect that a switch may have a bad connection but will have a look on the weekend. If I find the problem I'll post up here.
              Chris

Comment

• Dalma01
                • Jun 2013
                • Sydney

I must be getting old lol! I meant front diff. I found a site that might help you Easykill1978.

Free Web Hosting For Your Free Blog. BlogEasy provides a free blog hosting service for publishing news, journals, articles, and information to share and make money online.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X