• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

Cheers boys. I would love a long range tank too but that is at the lower end of the wants/needs list haha...

Went for a quick spin tonight, the snorkel makes an awesome induction sound when you put your foot down!

Picked up a secondhand full length Tracklander alloy roof rack tonight. Chucked it on with a mate, about an hours work. Very happy with the look and feel of it.

Very happy with how she is looking now.

Cargo barrier, lift and tyres are next in line and then I will be happy.
    Maybe then some home made drawers, new stereo, winch (I hope my wife isn't on this forum)
    Last edited by Nab; 28-07-12, 01:46 PM. Reason: crappy photo removed
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Nice one Nick. How'd you go boring the holes for the snorkel. The inner guard one is a mongrel hey!

Shane.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Perth

Yeah Shane, the inside one almost knocked me out! I was leaning over it while drilling and the holesaw bit in and the drill kicked into the side of my head, it rocked me a bit like someone had punched me!!!

As she sits now, with awning all bolted up. Had to cut a bit out of the front deflector to fit it but its a nice snug fit.

SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Nab
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Perth

Latest addition, secondhand TJM sumpguard. The old plastic/fibre one had broken mounts and was held on by mud and luck. Fits like a glove. Going to get intercooler and belly guards folded up soon.

SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• scorpion 42
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2011
            • London. uk

whats the logs for ??? You going to make a insurance claim !!!! LOL.

Comment

• Nab
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Perth

Originally posted by scorpion 42 View Post
              whats the logs for ??? You going to make a insurance claim !!!! LOL.
              Gotta keep the house warm. Its freezing here, maybe 5? haha
              SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
              NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Leroy73
                • Jun 2011
                • Perth

Hi Nab,

Good find with the rack....have been keeping an eye out for one.my sports rack will do for now.How much did you end up paying for that?

Comment

• Nab
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Leroy73 View Post
                  Hi Nab,

Good find with the rack....have been keeping an eye out for one.my sports rack will do for now.How much did you end up paying for that?
                  I was looking for one since I got the car in April. They don't come up very often for Pajeros as you no doubt have found out.

I got quoted $1725 fitted for this exact rack. I was just looking through Gumtree and I saw an ad for the rack 6:30 Friday night, only been on for an hour. Rang the guy, said I would take it and picked it up at 8:00pm. All fitted by 10:00pm. Was only 5 weeks old, guy bought it new to do a 6000km trip up north then didn't need it. Got it for $1000, came with extra legs clips and a spare wheel holder. Was a bit dusty but I gave it a good clean and it looks like new again.

These racks aren't cheap but I have used mine 3 times loaded up in the last week and I reckon it was well worth it. Missus wanted me to get one too

Jaram had a seconds rack in stock, he offered it to me for $1250 with pajero mounting kit. Speak to Roy in Welshpool, he may be able to sort you out.

I also looked at getting a generic roof rack and buying the mounting kit from Jaram - $275 - but came across this one first. Can get full sized alloy or steel racks off ebay for $590 delivered to Perth.
                  SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                  NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Nab
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Perth

Latest addition, my old shovel holder taken off my previous 4x4. It looks like it is there for the wank factor but it is surprising how often you use it when it's there. Picking up dog poo at the playground, poking the footy that is stuck in the tree etc etc. Highly recommended.

SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Nab
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Perth

Been a while since I've touched the paj, its just been doing family duties etc.

Finally installed the cargo barrier after getting it 6months ago. It was from a NS, I just modified it a bit and made some mounts for it.

Then I made some shelving and a fridge slide out of 12mm ply. It has 2 positions, fridge slide with 1 shelf or completely flat with 2 shelves. Don't often have the fridge so it is easy to chuck in the pram and put the shopping underneath so it doesn't get squashed. Also, missus didn't want the fridge on top of the shelf as she is only 5'2"... It allows full access to the child anchor points. Made a small hatch to access the space where the rear seats fold into.

SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• awbeattie381
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Inner West, Sydney

Well done mate. Same idea as me. I am just trying to think about the best way of building the 'no fridge' option so that both options are easy to change and secure when fitted. I can already see the empty box I have (where the fridge goes) is not going to be convenient for golf clubs/mountain bikes etc...

How do you secure the top section?
                        Andrew
                        1989 NG Superwagon V6
                        2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
                        1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

That's a nice job mate
                          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • Perth

Originally posted by awbeattie381 View Post
                            How do you secure the top section?

In the 3rd pic you can see some extra bits of ply attached to the inside of the fridge section. This is glued/screwed to the fridge top. The fridge box sides sit on top of the bottom sides to take the weight(make sense?) and I just have 5 screws on each side, inserted via my cordless drill from the inside.Pic below explains it better.

The flat top section just has some aluminium angle attached to it and is installed the same way.

Takes maybe 2 mins to interchange between the two.

The whole lot is also surprisingly light, easily lifted in and out by myself. Probably takes 15mins to take it and the cargo barrier out, only 4 bolts in the floor and 2 at the top of the cargo barrier.

Last edited by Nab; 28-01-13, 10:01 PM.
                            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Nik
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • Perth

Very clever design
                              Last edited by Nik; 29-01-13, 12:15 AM.
                              2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• awbeattie381
                                Valued Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • Inner West, Sydney

Originally posted by Nab View Post
                                In the 3rd pic you can see some extra bits of ply attached to the inside of the fridge section. This is glued/screwed to the fridge top. The fridge box sides sit on top of the bottom sides to take the weight(make sense?) and I just have 5 screws on each side, inserted via my cordless drill from the inside.Pic below explains it better.

The flat top section just has some aluminium angle attached to it and is installed the same way.

Takes maybe 2 mins to interchange between the two.

The whole lot is also surprisingly light, easily lifted in and out by myself. Probably takes 15mins to take it and the cargo barrier out, only 4 bolts in the floor and 2 at the top of the cargo barrier.
                                Excellent. Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking about using dowel but this method might be stronger.

I love this forum for these sorts of ideas!
                                Andrew
                                1989 NG Superwagon V6
                                2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
                                1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X