• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

How about this scenario ... nothing was done about the brakes ... brakes seized on the highway at 110km/hr, one rear whèel locking up, possibly rolling car ...
    We would be having a different conversation. . No ???
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• lynee
      • Jun 2011
      • tuncurry

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
      How about this scenario ... nothing was done about the brakes ... brakes seized on the highway at 110km/hr, one rear whèel locking up, possibly rolling car ...
      We would be having a different conversation. . No ???
      That is not the issue. Yes they should have rectified the caliper being seized and replaced the brake pad, that is why I get my car serviced !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just think it should be a warranty inclusion and that I should not have had to pay extra, I believe the premature wear was caused by a seized caliper ( that is what service department wrote) I therefore do no think I should pay for 2 replaced pads due to this .

AND by the way when my brake line split in a landcruiser when I tried to stop suddenly at >80 km/hr I did a hand brake slide , 180 degree turn in traffic and did not roll the car not did I hit anything, and I had in the car my elderly mother and 2 children.

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by lynee View Post
        That is not the issue. Yes they should have rectified the caliper being seized and replaced the brake pad, that is why I get my car serviced !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just think it should be a warranty inclusion and that I should not have had to pay extra, I believe the premature wear was caused by a seized caliper ( that is what service department wrote) I therefore do no think I should pay for 2 replaced pads due to this .

AND by the way when my brake line split in a landcruiser when I tried to stop suddenly at >80 km/hr I did a hand brake slide , 180 degree turn in traffic and did not roll the car not did I hit anything, and I had in the car my elderly mother and 2 children.
        cool
        Lucky you had both wheels locked up not just 1 rear
        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• lynee
          • Jun 2011
          • tuncurry

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          cool
          Lucky you had both wheels locked up not just 1 rear
          BUT also lucky that I did react and not just plow into the car in front of me or turn and plow head on into the oncoming traffic . GIVE ME A f...... break will you

WE are missing the principle here !!!!!

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by lynee View Post
            BUT also lucky that I did react and not just plow into the car in front of me or turn and plow head on into the oncoming traffic . GIVE ME A f...... break will you

WE are missing the principle here !!!!!
            let it go like the song says
            It's not worth your time and heartache
            Your brakes should be all go now for a few thousand
            Feel confident you are all safe for many a more trip ...
            Enjoyed the thread and even learnt a bit along the way ..

Comment

• Ent
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2014
              • Tasmania

Reading back through the thread is interesting. First the brake wear was identified caused by a seized calliper. Now what caused them to seize is likely never to be proven. Plain bad luck that something snuck through the seals, poorly fitted seals, or lack of lubricant when put together, etc.

The second issue that has got mixed in by other posters is brake pad life. Chuck in safety and around we go. Bit amazed by Supercheap's claimed life of pads. Once that life was pretty much accepted but now you get better unless hard braker with heavy loads.

As for service departments it is often the mechanic. It is a fair call that if I was stripping down the brakes to fix a problem that I would replace the pads as they are a minor cost compared to the labour. Also, I would do both sides at that number of kilometres. But the question still needs to be explained by the dealer why this was needed. This appears not to have happened.

I have a mega expensive Meile washer/dryer. At three years the heating element failed and the bill for repair was going to be over $2,000. Get ready to be bitter twisted as Meile has a tiny warranty compared to their price and life claims. But the repair person said the reason the element failed was the mounting bracket was not installed. Yeap, it was a Friday afternoon machine. He took it up with Meile and the machine was fixed. Had he been slack then my cost or more likely dumping the machine.

Mitsubishi Australia are totally disinterested in getting involved hiding behind standard responses and denials. A classic example is mounting brackets for bash plates. These can break due to impact or us hanging aftermarket plates on terribly welded brackets. Curious even if you fit the approved MMA accessory plate they run and hide claiming the dealer must lodge the claim and the dealer telling you Mitsubishi never accept the claim. A great dealer just fixes things to keep the peace when really it is MMA trying to run away from their warranty.

For those of us that have great dealers and good examples of vehicles we never get to see the nasty side of Mitsubishi Australia. Strike an issue and you will likely find MMA goes straight into denile and refers you back to the dealer. Given that MMA once made warranty service a selling point this is disheartening. The diminishing warranty period beyond any doubt signals that MMA has abandoned its once key selling point.

The question for me as a fleet buyer is which mobs support their customers and which ones do not. I then scrub brands off the list as arguing for a bad vehicle manufacturer to change just does not work. Ford with the AU treated fleet buyers like dirt so when we walked away on mass they were forced to change and with BA not only was the design improved, the quality of warranty service increased greatly, ie no endless arguements over user abuse, etc. MMA financially are in a shaky financial position so looking at cutting costs by dropping the warranty period. The question buyers need to ask are they also dropping warranty service levels. Those with good examples and or good dealers will fortunately never see this side of cost cutting MMA.
              2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X