• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whereswes
    • Feb 2015
    • Melbourne, Australia

Color code for High Beam signal

G'day all, that was a long night.

I managed to get the centre console out (over an hour but maybe 10 mins next time), fitted up the UHF and almost completed the driving lights instal.

Apologies if this has been in previous threads but I've searched all number of key words and cannot locate the color coding of high beam signal to the head lamps on a PC Challenger.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Wes
    2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Not sure what you are doing, but if your adding Driving lights, be sure to use Relays and Fuses or risk frying your original switch or wiring.

If you are looking for the High Beam wire at the head light, it is pretty easy to work out.
    The globe has 3 terminals on it, 1 is High, 1 is Low, and the last is earth. Take out the globe hook power to it & see which is terminal makes the globe brighter. now the corresponding plug has a wire coming out of it. thats it.

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• whereswes
      • Feb 2015
      • Melbourne, Australia

Many thanks Steve.

Yep, got it wired through a 5 pin relay and have the active fused at 20A between battery and relay.

Maybe it's the late hour and loss of skin but I didn't even think of pulling the headlight connector. I'll get the multimeter out tonight and see which pin gives me a signal on high beam.

Cheers
      Wes
      2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

As per attached schematic for headlights, why would you not use the spare circuitry that's already provided for spotlight switching - via connectors C53 (above the fuse panel in the passenger compartment) and A151 (between the battery and the LH headlight) ?

Challenger Headlight Schematic HBM08X01AC00ENG.pdf
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• whereswes
          • Feb 2015
          • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
          As per attached schematic for headlights, why would you not use the spare circuitry that's already provided for spotlight switching - via connectors C53 (above the fuse panel in the passenger compartment) and A151 (between the battery and the LH headlight) ?

[ATTACH]27514[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for that. I'll drop the panel down tonight and have a look for it.

Cheers
          Wes

Comment

• Sellers
            • Mar 2014
            • Gloucester NSW

Just for an alternative, I wired my spotlight relay from the high beam indicator lamp, which was the most accessible option for me at the time. On the previously posted schematic, wire 12 on C-142. Drives a relay via a master switch.

-Sellers
            MY14 PC Challenger; ARB Plates, GME 4500 UHF, Direction Plus prefilter kit, Smartbar, Airbags, Safari Snorkel, 12V aux system, HR Towbar, All Terrains on Steel, Brown Davis 107L LR Tank, Ultimate 40mm Lift, Rear Drawers.

Towing a Bartell Trailers custom 7' camper, Drifta DPOR kitchen, Beehive 10' tent. Australian made and modified all the way.

Comment

• Shacks
              • Jun 2015
              • Newcastle

I have a 2010 PB, I gather the wiring is much the same as a PC, could I use the fog light wiring ?
              Between the LH Headlight and the battery there are 2 wired that are taped out of the way, I gather A151 is one of these.

Comment

• Kingbrown
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2012
                • Port Augusta - SA

I haven't actually looked for connectors for the fog lights, but they're shown as A52 & A53 on the drawing (along with space for a fog lamp relay in the fuse box - A13X).

A151 spare connector is associated with the High Beam circuit. It connects to spare connector C53 in the instrument panel, where a switch would be located (eg for spotlights).

The second of the spare connectors that is taped up in the engine bay is A138, which connects to spare connector C148 (behind the passenger side kick panel). Then there's another spare C37 behind that passenger side kick panel which routes through to D14 in the rear quarter panel area.
                This pair of spare wires would be perfect for wiring a brake controller (both 2mm2 which is a bit heavier than the norm).

Challenger Trailer Connector Schematic HAM15X35AC00ENG.pdf

Challenger Fog Lamp Spare Connector Schematic HAC15E41AC00ENG.pdf

Challenger Headlight Schematic HBM08X01AC00ENG.pdf
                2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Shacks
                  • Jun 2015
                  • Newcastle

Thanks Kingbrown. Looks like I have some hunting to do......

Comment

• cookie9
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2014
                    • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by Shacks View Post
                    Thanks Kingbrown. Looks like I have some hunting to do......
                    If you could post up your findings that would be appreciated. I'm about to install some lights and would be great to use the OEM wiring and just mount a switch and relay for it.
                    2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• Shacks
                      • Jun 2015
                      • Newcastle

Sellers, where did you find the high beam indicator lamp wire ?
                      Hopefully I don't have to pull half the dash apart to find it.....

Originally posted by Sellers View Post
                      Just for an alternative, I wired my spotlight relay from the high beam indicator lamp, which was the most accessible option for me at the time. On the previously posted schematic, wire 12 on C-142. Drives a relay via a master switch.

-Sellers

Comment

• Shacks
                        • Jun 2015
                        • Newcastle

Light bar is wired and working !
                        To achieve this I decided to not use the fog light wiring as it does not look big enough to handle the current. What I did was tap off the high beam light from the instrument cluster (wire 24 on plug C104, blue with yellow stripe), ran this to a switch next to the Rear dif lock button, then via fuse, through the grommet next to the master cylinder, over with the wiring against the firewall to a relay that has a fused feed from the battery, then onto the light bar.
                        I did find plug A151 in the engine bay, but was unable to find the other end near the junction box, C53.
                        All up it took me 3 hours, over 2 hours was looking for things. I have used a on off on switch so I can have the light bar operate independently aswell as with the high beam, I just need to find an available source, preferably one that is powered when the ignition is on. No rush for that.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X